PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain how its done ?

First Blood
03-15-2009, 12:25 PM
I dont know whether someone has posted this before ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmSyhEU2uro&feature=related

but can anybody explain to me how he does it ? whether it is real or a trick can someone explain the illusion or process of training ?

t_niehoff
03-15-2009, 12:36 PM
I dont know whether someone has posted this before ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmSyhEU2uro&feature=related

but can anybody explain to me how he does it ? whether it is real or a trick can someone explain the illusion or process of training ?

And how does the same guy do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiUXwVvs2oU

duende
03-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Wait a second here... Is that supposed to be some representation of Iron Shirt?

I didn't have the patience to watch the whole thing, but those strikes looked wimpy as hell imo. The punches were only hitting surface not punching through the core.

As for the ground submission.. The WC guy had no rooting/control of his own COG, no guard, and no true mobility... Is this video supposed to be an example of what not to do?

First Blood
03-16-2009, 01:34 AM
Ha ha thanks T i never saw that follow up clip.............

sanjuro_ronin
03-17-2009, 06:21 AM
People should really learn to keep their chin down.

Yoshiyahu
03-17-2009, 08:06 AM

Please share what you mean?

sanjuro_ronin
03-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Please share what you mean?

Look at the clip that Terrence linked to, see the way they try to "look over" their strikes, ie: bring their chin up.
You won't see god fighters do that.
No need to ask why.

m1k3
03-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Look at the clip that Terrence linked to, see the way they try to "look over" their strikes, ie: bring their chin up.
You won't see god fighters do that.
No need to ask why.

Sanjuro, unfortunately it probably should be explained for a lot of people.

If you don't keep your chin tucked into your chest, or down as it is usually called, you are leaving the point of your chin exposed to a multitude of punches.

In other words you might as well wear a please knock me out sign around your neck.

bawang
03-17-2009, 08:27 AM
if u ned to explain keep ur chin down think abot the skill of those pplz asking in forumss
then read their complicated scientist theory posts
after read this he edit comment below me so looks like he knows it all along

Yoshiyahu
03-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Sanjuro, unfortunately it probably should be explained for a lot of people.

If you don't keep your chin tucked into your chest, or down as it is usually called, you are leaving the point of your chin exposed to a multitude of punches.

In other words you might as well wear a please knock me out sign around your neck.

Yes this theory is very sound. A common trait of a good boxer. Some people believe they are so evasive and fast they have no need to tuck their chin. I was thinking the samething M1k. But I am not sure if thats what Sanjuro means. I think he is saying keep your head tucked when your rolling on the ground?

Isnt this clip where they roll on the floor?

I could be wrong.

taai gihk yahn
03-17-2009, 04:58 PM

basically one of the points I made on my critique of the sparring video, along with numerous others; unfortunately it got deleted during some sort of mass pur...er, that is, "technical difficulty" :D

Katsu Jin Ken
04-02-2009, 02:00 PM
i dont know about yall but i try to follow the old WC say "glass jaw bean curd body" lol