PDA

View Full Version : OT: OSO... is this what you were talking about the other day?

sean_stonehart
03-19-2009, 04:33 AM
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2009/03/18/moonshiner_kills_self.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_ne wstab

Oso
03-19-2009, 05:05 AM
yea, that's the one

yu shan
03-20-2009, 06:40 AM
Fascinating story and what a shame this man is gone. He sounded like a cool dude to hang out with. Wonder if he handed down his ways to the next generation.

David Jamieson
03-20-2009, 06:59 AM
Fascinating story and what a shame this man is gone. He sounded like a cool dude to hang out with. Wonder if he handed down his ways to the next generation.

why would he have to? white lightning is white lightning.

It's too bad he went and killed himself. Suicide is always not a good thing.

sean_stonehart
03-20-2009, 08:11 AM
why would he have to? white lightning is white lightning.

Why do kung fu? It's handed down... what if nobody decided to teach CMA anymore?

It's too bad he went and killed himself. Suicide is always not a good thing.

true dat... but he did things his way on his terms...

David Jamieson
03-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Why do kung fu? It's handed down... what if nobody decided to teach CMA anymore?

true dat... but he did things his way on his terms...

what would he have to hand down exactly? one corn mash recipe is the same as teh next. It's not even comparable to kungfu at all on any level.

it's mash, + sugar + water +yeast +distillation. the end.

as for being a hillbilly, what is there to hand down there?

sean_stonehart
03-20-2009, 08:53 AM
what would he have to hand down exactly? one corn mash recipe is the same as teh next. It's not even comparable to kungfu at all on any level.

Really??? NO skill in perfecting the recipe, NO training to get it right, NO hard work to make sure it's a quality product that doesn't kill people... right... no relation at all... :rolleyes:

Yes but no... :eek:

Don't worry about it... you're Canadian... you're wouldn't get it if it smacked you in the head...;)

AJM
03-20-2009, 11:13 AM

It's important. Most "moonshine" is either made with dirty equiptment, sugar liguor with no mash whatsoever or cheep vodka in a mason jar to rip off the festival goers.

Reverend Tap
03-20-2009, 01:23 PM

Beer is malt + hops + water + yeast + distillation, the end.

SimonM
03-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Beer is considerably more complicated than that.

I know from experience.

BoulderDawg
03-20-2009, 01:31 PM

Not really. He pretty well summed it up. However, like everything else, to make make it and produce a superior product is difficult.

Oso
03-20-2009, 02:04 PM
knowing the ingredients and how to combine them is a learned skill.

creating something that others appreciate and enjoy is art.

as usual, david is coming off all high brow snooty...some of us knows how to deal wit dem types when they come a callin'.;)

thanks to everyone else for holding the line

Reverend Tap
03-20-2009, 02:14 PM

I know from experience.

That was my point; the list of ingredients is no accurate way to judge the difficulty or art involved in creating the finished product.

I'm a brewer too. :D

GeneChing
03-20-2009, 03:57 PM
That's where our east coast Tiger Claw office (http://www.tigerclaw.com/home.php) is. I don't mean to make light of a tragic death, but I swear, this is exactly how I envision the TN crew. Ok, that's mean spirited. I should be nice to them because they bring me J.D. green label which you can't get here in CA.

yu shan
03-20-2009, 04:06 PM
These mountain men can be the coolest peeps in the world, look at Oso for instance. One of these days Oso I`m gonna head that way again and take a left turn lock it in 4 wheel drive and explore appalachia. I would still like to learn more about this fellow, bet ya he was a hoot to hang out with.

Oso
03-20-2009, 04:41 PM
That was my point; the list of ingredients is no accurate way to judge the difficulty or art involved in creating the finished product.

I'm a brewer too. :D

i knew what you were saying...funny how when you don't use the emoticons people think you are serious about everything.