PDA

View Full Version : Original Lau Gar Kung Fu in A Book

Firehawk4
03-19-2009, 11:11 AM
http://www.scribd.com/doc/13420325/Lau-Gar-Kuen?secret_password=29uzk3msusz3z4j27v8z

lkfmdc
03-19-2009, 11:24 AM
"original"?

these are standardized sets the gov't had made up for each classic southern style, in this same series is a mok ga set, a fut ga set, etc etc etc

Firehawk4
03-19-2009, 12:34 PM
I guess the guy at the website were i got this book was wrong he said they were Lau Gar .

lkfmdc
03-19-2009, 01:31 PM
NO, it IS lau gar, or at least a branch of it, but the gov't found a teacher to make one set to characterize the whole style and thus "replace" the system (ie learning the entire system). They did this with pretty much all the styles

Southern Fist
04-06-2009, 01:29 AM
David:

The Mok Ga Keun book is written by my Sigung Lam Chong Wei (Cantonese) /Lin Zhong Wei (Madarin) He is the son of Lam Yum Tong one of the famous Three Tigers of the East River.

The book discuss the history and training drills in Mok Ga Kuen (Mok Family Fist) and one set.

The book is a reference which shows the style and not to replace the system.

In regards to the Lau Ga Keun Book. I cannot judge since the only two Lau Ga set I know are infused in the Hung Ga System. The set played in that book is very different.

Peter Pena

lkfmdc
04-06-2009, 07:36 AM
The book is a reference which shows the style and not to replace the system.

The problem is, the teacher the gov't gets to put this book together, being part of that lineage, probably doesn't WANT to replace the entire system with one form

But what the government wants is quite different. A lot of TCMA people didn't want wushu. A lot of TCMA weren't thrilled with how Sanshou was done, but what can you do

Don't be sensitive :D

In regards to the Lau Ga Keun Book. I cannot judge since the only two Lau Ga set I know are infused in the Hung Ga System. The set played in that book is very different.

There is now a story that the "lau gar" in Hung Ga is not even Lau Gar but rather smething learned from a person named Lau

Southern Fist
04-06-2009, 10:24 AM
David:

Not sensitive @ all:D Just stating my opinion.

correct TCMA do not like that, but they have to agree with what the gov't wants to keep with the trend.

Heard that as well of Lau ga kuenand the Lau ga Gwan (Staff).

banditshaw
04-06-2009, 10:44 AM
There is now a story that the "lau gar" in Hung Ga is not even Lau Gar but rather smething learned from a person named Lau

It's true. Sigung Lam Jo incorporated a fist set from his Mok Ga friend with the surname Lau. Hung-a-fied it and put it in the curriculum as a beginner set.
The same with the pole. Except it was a different friend with the Lau surname. I think the pole set was Chow Ga? not sure about that one though.