PDA

View Full Version : Tito Ortiz KO'd in bar fight???

Phil Redmond
03-24-2009, 06:17 PM
This might be old news to some but new to me.

Lee "Lightning" Murray and Tito Ortiz street fight
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f44/tito-ortiz-lee-murray-street-fight-544689/

http://mmamania.com/2007/12/28/matt-hughes-recalls-streetfight-between-tito-ortiz-and-lee-murray-in-2002/

dnovice
03-26-2009, 07:12 AM
I guess they didn't have the time to grapple... lol.

Lucas
03-26-2009, 08:46 AM
its a good example of mma fighters applying their skills in 'the street'. or rather, in an alley ;)

it also shows the mentality of people involved in a 'rumble', most are going to go for KO's and not TRY to take it to the ground.

sanjuro_ronin
03-26-2009, 08:51 AM
Since it got deleted:

In the Matt Hughes biography Made In America, Hughes relayed the incident as told to him by Miletich:

The entire alley erupted into a huge brawl. I was just standing there, and there were bodies flying all over the place. I was confused how it all happened, because it happened so fast. I was standing there with my mouth open like "what the hell is going on?" I looked over and Chuck Liddell was with his back against the wall, knocking people out that were trying to go after him. Then I looked over and there’s Tito directly past me, taking his coat off, going after Lee Murray, and Lee Murray’s backing up the alley taking his jacket off. Both their jackets come off, and Tito throws a left hook at Lee Murray and misses, and right as he missed, Lee Murray counters with, like, a five-punch combo, landed right on the chin, and knocked Tito out. OUT. Tito fell face-first down to the ground, and then Lee Murray stomped him on the face a couple of times with his boots. Then Tony Fryklund and I grabbed Lee and pushed Lee and said "Get out of here!" And Lee said "I’m sorry, I’ll see you later," and took off. And Tony Fryklund helped Tito to his feet.[2]

Three Harmonies
03-26-2009, 10:25 AM
What is up with the deleted posts??

LSWCTN1
03-26-2009, 10:32 AM
legal issues when Lee Murray got mentioned.....?

sanjuro_ronin
03-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Server problem.

Lucas
03-26-2009, 11:27 AM
i wonder how hard he stomped with his boots too.

Tito looks like he has a pretty thick skull though.