PDA

View Full Version : help find hung ga staff form

tlcd_hs
03-24-2009, 06:47 PM
im trying to find a rare hung ga staff form, it starts off with the staff hanging on the leg, while doing several hand movements, then kicking the staff up, and jumping over it.. my memorie isn't so great, but it starts off hanging on one of your legs for a fact.. anyone have any idea?

ty.

TenTigers
03-24-2009, 08:12 PM
I have never seen a staff set like that bro, but I have seen a tiger fork set that starts sort of that way. Perhaps it was a staff set modified from the tiger fork?

Laukarbo
03-25-2009, 12:12 AM
if i remember right the Lau Gar Gwan set als starts with the staff on the floor...we do not practise this set but i seen it a few times ...

Laukarbo
03-25-2009, 01:12 AM
heres a video from a lau gar staff seminar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Tjjz-2Qh8

tlcd_hs
03-26-2009, 12:39 PM
There is this association back then, which is still around and will remain unmentioned, and someone I know was taught the set by one of the members. You know, back then, knowledge was always passed down from friends, etc. I was told it was from the hung kuen style, but that's all I can tell you about it. It starts out hanging off your leg, with a couple of movements with your hands, if I remember correctly, kiu sau..