PDA

View Full Version : Lets try again

Yoshiyahu
03-31-2009, 05:51 PM
What are a few Applications found in SLT?

Rules for this Thread

1.Stay on topic.
2.Share only possible applications in SLT/SNT.
3.Share two or three at the most per Post.
4.Post Videos of Reputable Sifu's who show Applications.
5.Refrain from Useless bable about Art, Linguistics and Science.
6.Ignore Posters who swerve off topic.
7.Don't Post condescending info or arrognat responses
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are infinite possible applications found in Sil Lim Tao

I am overjoyed that a few people shared some of their applications below:

Please continue to post useful information!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarthefish
Back on topic....There's a few straight up applications here and there like the bong->tan->po bai series but I don't think that is the main purpose of SLT. It's main purpose is to improve power and technical precision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vajramusti
There are endless applications of motions from the slt plus the structural and other benefits
from the slt.

joy chaudhuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu

So hey guys any time your ready please share some of your applications?

For instance:

When you punch and Huen Sau.

One can look at it this way. You punch a guy who intercepts and grabs your wrist and before he can apply a lock or chin na you circle the wrist and then free your hand or reverse the lock.

What are some other Applications of SLT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnovice
How about you punch, he paks, you huen sau (spelling???) and punch again. (continuous attack.)

or you punch, he paks, and you huen sau and lop if his hand is still there.

The options are limitless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSWCTN1
just quickly

the lee shing lineage snt that i have been taught int he 1st section has punch, tan, huen, fingers 'scrape' to eyes. in theabove scenario:

punch is blocked with a tan. you perform huen sau to get around it and are stopped whilst still on the outside. the finger scrape is done and hopefully catches the eye! might not end the fight but it will (at least momentarily) end his vision) it also has a use for when you use bui sau and it is compromised by you either attacking the wrong space, or them trapping your movement.

will possibly share a bit more later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Punch
Useful applications from SLT? All of them. Plus the energetics (body mechanics and structure). Broad subject area much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anerlich
The crossing, finding the centreline, at the start is similar to the mechanics of the basic cross collar choke in gi (or as Mouthboy108 would call it, the kymono) grappling.

The gum/tan section simulates the action of guillotine choke, hanging choke and several other standing chokes.

The fut sao section (eye sweeps) have applications for cutting armbars and the like.

Grappling applications in SLT? Well well. Of course just doing the form won't help you apply these in an actual encounter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddel
What a monster topic and were off to rocky start, my SLT ends with Bong Sau, Joh Sau (like a flat/ horizontal Tan, in shape) then an upsidedown Palm strike followed by tut sau then lin wan kuen...

Howabout we just start with the obvious useful actions of SLT, Punching !

I find leanring the straight punch to be very useful, my sifu had told me so.

DREW

If you have applications for fighting found in Sil Lim Tao please share it?

If you don't any applications then please no need to share!

No more useless information and endless jargon!