PDA

View Full Version : Victor Gutierrez Re-Evolution

r4cy
03-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Has anyone seen the Victor Gutierrez Re-Evolution video? They seem to adopt a new waiting position in a form of an inverted V with the hands... They explain that they re-evolved their system because nowadays fighters know what WC/WT is all about and that it is just not working as effectively anymore. Any opinions? Thanks

Katsu Jin Ken
03-31-2009, 08:12 PM
ya ive seen some of it. Personally, if someone says "ive reinvented" or "invented" anything along those lines its probably less of an instructional video and more of a marketing ploy. IMO if your actually fighting with the hands as they are in the forms the V or whatever, your probably going to get KO'd. As far as Mr. Gutierrez's skills and ability, ???? im a very poor judge of ability with just plain sight. Would only be spectulating having not actually touched hands with him.

bennyvt
04-01-2009, 03:01 AM
this would take that vt has a certain guard. I was taught that the hands move from where they start to the persons head. You dont stand with your hands up. Once close enough you raise you hands and attack, if you come into contact with anything move it and continue the attack

LSWCTN1
04-01-2009, 07:19 AM
this would take that vt has a certain guard. I was taught that the hands move from where they start to the persons head. You dont stand with your hands up. Once close enough you raise you hands and attack, if you come into contact with anything move it and continue the attack

i dont think that this is the standard 'wing chun' answer - however this is how i am also taught.

if you dont give your hands then they cant bridge or cover your hands entry..at least thats the way i learn

Yoshiyahu
04-01-2009, 09:38 AM
i dont think that this is the standard 'wing chun' answer - however this is how i am also taught.

if you dont give your hands then they cant bridge or cover your hands entry..at least thats the way i learn

Well sometimes if they bridge or cover your hands to gain entry then you can counter by using one of WC hands like Pak,Tan,Fook,Bong etc to re-direct their incoming force an gain entry to their inner gates. This is how I was taught.

We were taught to

Create a bridge upon your opponents guards.
Destroy a bridge by using your hand techniques to gain entry.
Invite a bridge by utilizing your guards as enticing trap or ploy
Utilize no bridge by constant motion and counter attacks

Along with some other strategies. But it mainly depends on how much you drill and train each!

Just my opinion not saying your ways are wrong!

r4cy
04-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Well, it seemed to me that they kept their arms up to invite the person to touch hands... there they would apply the chi sao concepts. I wonder what Leung Ting thinks about it, Gutierrez being from the EWTO