good gawd, that reminds me of the "Iron Wing"

bawang
04-01-2009, 07:05 AM
i think that trailer looks pretty coo

sanjuro_ronin
04-01-2009, 07:11 AM
Dawg Fight (http://vimeo.com/3135860)

This is not good.

Well...MMA doesn't really fill the need for some people, they still think that its not "real fighting", the still fall into a myth that is being propegated by those that basiclaly get their asses kicked in pro fighting sports.
Kimbo was THE backyard street fighter and he wasn't much in pro fighting, be it boxing or MMA.
Fact is, if you wanna fight with the best, you become a pro fighter, period.
Be it for boxing, MT or MMA.

1bad65
04-01-2009, 07:17 AM
I thought Kimbo was devoted to MMA now? :rolleyes: I thought he "respected the sport"?

Looks like Dana White and all the "haters" were right all along.

sha0lin1
04-01-2009, 07:21 AM
I wonder if someone dies during one of these fights if they just bury them in a shallow grave in the back yard?

sanjuro_ronin
04-01-2009, 07:26 AM
I wonder if someone dies during one of these fights if they just bury them in a shallow grave in the back yard?

well, back in my day...* gets hit with shuriken*...

brothernumber9
04-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Maybe I didn't pay close enough attention, but the guy that looks like Kimbo is not Kimbo. I am not sure why MK called this Kimbo's new promotion. From the video it looked like someone who used to roll with Kimbo but no longer does.

I'd watch it though, seems pretty intense and raw.

MasterKiller
04-01-2009, 07:31 AM
Maybe I didn't pay close enough attention, but the guy that looks like Kimbo is not Kimbo. I am not sure why MK called this Kimbo's new promotion. From the video it looked like someone who used to roll with Kimbo but no longer does.

I'd watch it though, seems pretty intense and raw.

Uh, kimbo is in there, broham.

brothernumber9
04-01-2009, 08:35 AM
I just watched it again.

Other than a couple pictures of Kimbo, where is he in this trailer?

MasterKiller
04-01-2009, 08:45 AM
I just watched it again.

Other than a couple pictures of Kimbo, where is he in this trailer?

My bad.

"While working the Kimbo Slice vs Tank Abbott fight for EliteXC, we kept hearing about this guy called DADA. People were saying he was essentially the next Kimbo. Esther even got a picture of him at the fight, sort of. Well, it turns out, some documentary filmmakers going by the moniker Rakontur, decided to follow him around and show the world what backyard MMA in Florida is really like. I have to admit, I was pretty jealous when I saw this because I wish I was shooting a project like that right now. Hopefully, we will get in touch with these guys or Dada himself to get more info on Dawg Fight."

Shaolinlueb
04-01-2009, 08:54 AM
this is highly illegal.

1bad65
04-01-2009, 09:00 AM
this is highly illegal.

And highly stupid.

BoulderDawg
04-01-2009, 09:30 AM
this is highly illegal.

That's debatable. You start cracking down on these guys then you have to crack down on UFC, Pro boxing and all the rest. As long as the combantants agree and this is held on private property I don't see much they can do.

However these guys are talking about going pro......little chance of that. They need to get into a good golden gloves program.

Faruq
04-01-2009, 10:14 AM
It's just like Oscar De La Hoya fighting past his prime. They find someone he can actually compete against. This is finding a niche for guys who can't compete in pro-boxing or MMA. In my humble opinion.

1bad65
04-01-2009, 10:18 AM
That's debatable. You start cracking down on these guys then you have to crack down on UFC, Pro boxing and all the rest. As long as the combantants agree and this is held on private property I don't see much they can do.

When you have spectators (paid or not), you get into legal issues.

UFC and boxing shows are fully regulated and licensed.

Shaolinlueb
04-01-2009, 12:51 PM

However these guys are talking about going pro......little chance of that. They need to get into a good golden gloves program.

actually

its nothing like ufc. ufc has doctors, licenses, and permits and other stuff to make it a legal form of entertainment people can appreciate.

these are 2 guys getting into the ring beating the **** out of each other. i highly doubt this guy went down to city hall to get the proper stuff. and IF he has a medical personal on hand. might not be a doctor but at least an EMT.

so its not really alike.

but i do like the idea of the guys beating the **** out of each other instead of shooting them.

BoulderDawg
04-01-2009, 12:58 PM
actually

its nothing like ufc. ufc has doctors, licenses, and permits and other stuff to make it a legal form of entertainment people can appreciate.

these are 2 guys getting into the ring beating the **** out of each other. i highly doubt this guy went down to city hall to get the proper stuff. and IF he has a medical personal on hand. might not be a doctor but at least an EMT.

so its not really alike.

but i do like the idea of the guys beating the **** out of each other instead of shooting them.

It doesn't matter it you have legal documents stacked to the ceiling this is still two guys trying to harm each other. If both agree to it that's the only legal document that you need.

As far as putting on an event I don't think they would any more addtional obligation than if they were doing Shakespear.

1bad65
04-02-2009, 06:10 AM
It doesn't matter it you have legal documents stacked to the ceiling this is still two guys trying to harm each other. If both agree to it that's the only legal document that you need.

As far as putting on an event I don't think they would any more addtional obligation than if they were doing Shakespear.

Once again showing your complete ignorance. Call any State Athletic Commission and ask them.

If it's 100% legal, why are cops busting these 'fight clubs'?

David Jamieson
04-02-2009, 08:17 AM
"illegal"

"stupid"

Hey, it's kimbo slice, wtf do you expect from that idiot? lol

Shaolinlueb
04-02-2009, 08:35 AM

i am with 1bad65 on this you are ignorant.

actually yes and no. if they were not doing it infront of a crowd for money and they agree'd not to press charges they should be fine.

when you take it infront of a crowd doing it for money. it becomes gambling and/or sport. therefore permits and everything else. even though the cops don't bust them doesnt make it illegal.

ask any promoter in here what a hassle it is to put on an event. you have to get a ring, then you have to get a ring with proper dimensions designated by the boxing committee. then you have to have a doctor there or ambulance. then you have to have police for every 50/100 people. then i am sure there is more that i am missing.

1bad65
04-02-2009, 08:41 AM
i am with 1bad65 on this you are ignorant.

ask any promoter in here what a hassle it is to put on an event. you have to get a ring, then you have to get a ring with proper dimensions designated by the boxing committee. then you have to have a doctor there or ambulance. then you have to have police for every 50/100 people. then i am sure there is more that i am missing.

You also have to have blood work done and physicals performed by the ringside doctor prior to the fight. You have to have a weigh-in with a member of the Athletic Commission supervising it, and all the corner men must be licensed by the State. The State Athletic Commission must also approve every match-up and confirm that the fighters are surrently not on any suspensions.

It's not just putting up a ring and having guys agree to fight. :rolleyes:

MightyB
04-02-2009, 09:01 AM
The best thing that came out of this post is that it introduced me to Rakontur.com. I'm impressed with those guys- they're doing what I want to do- making films on their own terms and they're making money. Sweet vid.

Shaolinlueb
04-02-2009, 11:37 AM
The best thing that came out of this post is that it introduced me to Rakontur.com. I'm impressed with those guys- they're doing what I want to do- making films on their own terms and they're making money. Sweet vid.

oh no doubt, the promo was done very well and it got me into it.