PDA

View Full Version : bully beatdown

Lucas
04-01-2009, 12:47 PM
i just happened to come across this show on MTV today on my lunch.

anyone else seen this its really funny.

premise: they take guys who are being bullied, take their bully and pit them against a pro MMA fighter.

2 3minute rounds. bully starts with 10k cash to step into the cage.

first round all grappling. the bully starts with 5k cash, for each tap out he loses 1k.

second round striking. KO, quits, or TKO he loses 5k.

all the cash he loses goes to the guy(s) hes been bullying.

its a REALLY good example of how lame guys who THINK they can fight actually are when facing a guy who actually trains to fight.

sanjuro_ronin
04-01-2009, 12:48 PM
i just happened to come across this show on MTV today on my lunch.

anyone else seen this its really funny.

premise: they take guys who are being bullied, take their bully and pit them against a pro MMA fighter.

2 3minute rounds. bully starts with 10k cash to step into the cage.

first round all grappling. the bully starts with 5k cash, for each tap out he loses 1k.

second round striking. KO, quits, or TKO he loses 5k.

all the cash he loses goes to the guy(s) hes been bullying.

its a REALLY good example of how lame guys who THINK they can fight actually are when facing a guy who actually trains to fight.

Now that is an awesome reality show !

Lucas
04-01-2009, 01:32 PM
ya dude it was funny.

the episode i saw the guy got tapped 4 out of the 5 times and got ROCKED in the striking.

he lost 9 of his 10 grand. LOL

AND they talks so much **** to him afterwards it was rad.

Lucas
04-01-2009, 01:33 PM
in fact i believe every punch that was thrown against him made contact with his head.

actually i dont even remember him fighting back, just running like a beotch

naja
04-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Here's a link http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/bully_beatdown/series.jhtml

Westbrook pounded Vince's head like a punching bag. Pretty funny after all the smack Vince talked....

TenTigers
04-01-2009, 04:40 PM
that was really funny. But what happens when the disgruntled bully wants payback on the two hapless kids? What kind of follow up can they do? It could end up being very irresponsible in the long run. If this show continues, I can see it blowing up in their faces. Bullies like that type have this feeling of entitlement, and might feel more justified for taking revenge. After all, they were publicly humiliated. Sounds like a clusterfu(k in the making.

yeah, But think of the ratings!

GeneChing
04-01-2009, 05:10 PM
...yeah, that's the ticket. Dave Cater has been bullying me.

I need to call MTV.

Oso
04-02-2009, 05:31 PM
...yeah, that's the ticket. Dave Cater has been bullying me.

I need to call MTV.

LOL...too funny...seriously though...i just looked at the two latest issues of BB and IKF and couldn't put them back on the stand quick enough...bought "Wooden Boat'' instead (i already have the current ish of KFM)

MasterKiller
04-03-2009, 06:09 AM
It's fake.

They were advertising for people on MMA.tv a few months ago to pose as the bullies.

1bad65
04-03-2009, 10:22 AM
It's fake.

They were advertising for people on MMA.tv a few months ago to pose as the bullies.

Really?

If so, that makes it a pretty stupid show.

GeneChing
04-03-2009, 10:32 AM
...'cause Robert Young has been bullying me too. Young and Cater have been stealing my lunch money. Can we put them in the cage and give me $1K each time they tap? :p

SIFU RON
04-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Sure can - got ya covered Gene - ink em out :)

GeneChing
04-15-2009, 04:05 PM
You can see the full episode on MTV's site (http://www.mtv.com/videos/bully-beatdown-ep-4-jonathan-the-rollerblade-bully/1608345/playlist.jhtml).

Shields is scheduled to fight Robbie Lawler for Strikeforce in St. Louis on Saturday, June 6. That should be a good fight. That also might determine who might challenge Cung Le for his belt since Shamrock surely ain't up to the task now (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53448).

AdrianK
04-16-2009, 12:17 AM
that was really funny. But what happens when the disgruntled bully wants payback on the two hapless kids? What kind of follow up can they do? It could end up being very irresponsible in the long run. If this show continues, I can see it blowing up in their faces. Bullies like that type have this feeling of entitlement, and might feel more justified for taking revenge. After all, they were publicly humiliated. Sounds like a clusterfu(k in the making.

yeah, But think of the ratings!

Honestly, personally I couldn't care less about the cowards who let themselves get bullied... they have it coming because they don't want to acquire the strength to stand up for themselves... But, what makes this show entertaining is that arrogant *******s get rocked. :)

If the bullies get revenge, who cares? Honestly? Its two types of people I really can't stand. The weak who choose to be weak, and the weak who try to act strong.

TenTigers
04-16-2009, 05:36 AM
now, That's funny!:D

MasterKiller
04-20-2009, 10:35 AM
This was one of the "bullies:"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3139134/resume

Most of them are working stuntmen.

Lucas
04-20-2009, 01:21 PM
thats freaking retarded.

i hate tv

****ing liars

BoulderDawg
04-21-2009, 09:19 AM
MTV also has this show(I have forgotten it's name)Where parents hate the guy/girl their daughter/son is dating and choses someone else for them to go out with. Anyway the show consist of the daugher/son current boyfriend/girl friend sitting on a couch with the parents watching a video of the date with the person the parents for their child.

This show is really unbelievable. The draw of the show is the banter between the parents and the boyfriend/girlfriend and it usually consist of a bunch of four letter words and crude sexual references......Totally scripted and really vile.

I have no doubt Bully Beatdown is something similar.

GeneChing
05-11-2009, 09:30 AM
a Canadian Taijiquan instructor blog that got picked up by today's newsfeed...

Bully Beatdown show disgrace to martial arts: Orillia instructor (http://www.orilliapacket.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1562200)
Posted 5 hours ago

I have said it before and I will say it again, reality television is an oxymoron. The latest example is a recent import from the U. S. called Bully Beatdownin which apparent victims of bullying are avenged by professional mixed martial artists.

The bullies are supposedly challenged to a martial arts bout against a seasoned pro. The bully is offered $10,000 if they win the fight. Of course, they don't stand a chance. The bully is beaten, the $10,000 goes to the initial "victim" and sometimes the bully even apologizes. It is predictable but not realistic.

The show presents a parody of justice. It teaches the victim and the viewer to feel more powerful through the suffering of others. In other words, it aims to make bullies of us all.

As a martial arts instructor with 30 years experience in a variety of martial arts, and as a fan of mixed martial arts athletes such as George St. Pierre and Carlos Newton, I must say that I was quite disturbed to hear about this show, and only slightly relieved to discover that the show itself is a farce.

I will be participating in the Mixed Martial Arts Expo in Toronto next month, and I expect to hear nearly unanimous condemnation of the MTV show from fellow instructors and competitors. The concept of the show has apparently invoked a gag reflex in those to whom I have spoken to, so far.

The concept of a martial artist stepping in like Charles Bronson to avenge the bullied (essentially to "bully the bully") does not represent the spirit of mixed martial arts, nor does it reflect the philosophy of martial artists, in general. UFC and mixed martial arts organizations should take immediate legal action in order to stop this disgrace, and save the credibility of mixed martial arts franchises.

Fortunately, after watching several excerpts of theBully Beatdownepisodes via the Internet, I can say with absolute certainty that the show is not real at all. The dialogue seems mostly scripted, if not entirely fake. Each episode clearly features several actors and at least one stunt double. I am quite relieved. It is more professional wrestling than professional martial arts. Nevertheless, I believe the show must be stopped, as it serves to invoke hatred, ignorance and terrible harm to young people. It is also promotes an inaccurate view of traditional and modern martial arts.

Martial arts are terribly misunderstood. I should know. One of my favourite martial arts is tai chi (taijiquan), which most people think of as "old people sneaking up on trees." Explaining the true nature of the art has taken up a large part of my life.

There are many reasons why people start learning martial arts. The practice has a broad range of benefits for mind, body and spirit.

One of those reasons is, admittedly, for the defence or reinforcement of ego. Some boys and immature men do start training in martial arts in order to "beat other men." Years ago, one aspiring 16-year-old actually wrote on his application form that his reason for wanting to learn from me was, as he said, "So I can break people." It read, to me, like a cry for help and I immediately knew that I had to teach him.

Elite fighting skill depends on far more than martial techniques and physical conditioning. Just like any elite sport, there is a great deal of mental, emotional and "spiritual" cultivation involved.

Violence of some sort exists everywhere. Non-martial artists are victims of violence that comes from without and from within. Trained martial artists, in the process of learning to defeat external opponents, must learn to conquer the internal enemies. Fear, anger, hatred, worry and bitterness fall away as one discovers the toxic and self-destructive nature of the ego. This ego impairs awareness and judgement, and does not serve the cultivation of high-level martial skill.

As martial artists, we must learn to know our enemy and know ourselves. We do not learn much about anyone by hating them. We will also never be able to know their mind without first understanding our own. I cannot accept that any trained martial artist of any style would see vengeance as an effective means of ending the cycle of violence. I am sure that the overall trends in history, martial arts, sociology and court systems would support me on this.

A show likeBully Beatdownis, at best, junk-food for the untrained mind. It is a disgrace to martial artists everywhere, and an insult to the intelligence of the viewer. Those who watch it will learn nothing about martial arts, and risk becoming worse people for having done so.

At worst, I seeBully Beatdownas a vehicle for promoting hatred and stupidity. It may be irrational to suggest that the show be banned for violation of hate laws. But such action may prove unnecessary. I cannot imagine that the show will sell well once people realize its true nature.

Ian Sinclair,

instructor, Cloud Mountain Martial Arts vice-president, Canadian Taijiquan Federation

SIFU RON
05-14-2009, 06:41 AM
Bully Beatdown is a comedy show.

People are beginning to realize there is a difference between MMA and Traditional MA. I didn't care much for MMA when it began, the average person I feel, was confused between MMA and TMA, however things have changed, most people realize there is a difference, and with events such as the TigerCalw Championship on 6/27 more people will realize the difference.

Just as Karate, Kung Fu, Tai Chi , MMA etc all have their place in life so does comedy and entertainment.

Ian is 100% correct in his statement " Martial Arts are terrible misunderstood" and most understand his dissatisfaction with the show Bully Beatdown. I understand his point of view and all of us MA teachers will perhaps agree with him.

We can't get the show off the air but maybe we can get Ching-Carter-and Young in the ring together. If the 3 of you are going to be their on 6/27 - how about it ?

My best to you Ivan, no harm meant.

Ron Shewmaker