PDA

View Full Version : golden bell (no seriously!)

tanglangman
02-08-2001, 03:54 PM
I was just looking around the other forums and there was a post about golden bell.

I read a little about it in a book before but was wondering if anyone hear knew anything about it. I read that it is a form of iron shirt obtained through chi kung exercises bu that's about it.

Is it exclusively taught in a certain style?
How can breathing exercises protect your body from blows from weapons (a claim made in the book I read).

Is this one of those things that we should 'take with a pinch of salt?'

Geniunely interested in this so please try to refrain from funny (ahem) retorts.

"feel free to criticize, I may learn something new"

ShaolinMantis
02-13-2001, 06:44 PM
You should post this in the Northern Shaolin section. There perhaps you can get a better answer from NorthernShaolin.

Golden Bell is a Northern Shaolin external Qi Gong.

Wing Lam Sisuk teaches it, and a few other Northern Shaolin Schools, advance level. The great master, sorry I forget his name, the thin old guy you see pictures of breaking a stack of bricks or having a slab of rock broke on his chest.He was considered a master of golden bell. The first level of this is done with breathing, massage and strikes to the body. I have not done the other levels so ...?

I can speak no further, or someone may have to kill me :-)

ShaolinMantis-I

Shaolin Temple
02-14-2001, 02:11 AM
I have kicked some of my fellow disciple brothers here in the crown jewels and they do not feel any pain and mind you...I was not holding back for if you did that...they will be denied the true beauty of true hard training...

This is one of the iron body techniques as the down under is usually weak. It is a good style to train but the chi kung involved may render you sterile...this is a price we monks pay as we don't expect to have kids anyway.

Amitabha. :cool: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> [/quote]

North versus South...as Sifu would say...there is no permanence.
The more Shaolin there are, the better. Amitabha.