PDA

View Full Version : Kungfu in Seoul, South Korea

Llynne
04-08-2009, 03:24 AM
Hi,
i know there is kungfu in korea but im struggling to find a class!
I just got here and want to find a place to train/new class...i know there is wing chun here, but what about other styles..anyone heard of a class in seoul?

MasterKiller
04-08-2009, 06:20 AM
Hi,
i know there is kungfu in korea but im struggling to find a class!
I just got here and want to find a place to train/new class...i know there is wing chun here, but what about other styles..anyone heard of a class in seoul?

Master Lee De Jiang (Lee Duk Kang) is the man to see in Seoul. He teaches Mantis and Long Fist.

Korea's Chinese WuShu Association
4F 12-2 DaeHungDohng, MahPohGoo,
Seoul 121-080 Korea.

Llynne
04-13-2009, 01:36 AM
cool thankyou!
do you know if he takes foreign students? /directions to this place?

MasterKiller
04-13-2009, 06:09 AM
cool thankyou!
do you know if he takes foreign students? /directions to this place?

Check your Private Messages.

TrickIX
07-07-2009, 01:28 AM
I am also interested in studying kung fu in Korea. I studied Shaolin kung fu for maybe a year, about 10 years ago.

Llynne, did you ever make it to that place? How is it for a foreigner? It is kind of far away from where I live, are there weekend classes?

I am beginning a taekwondo course tomorrow, for lack of any other options locally. Is it inadvisable to try and study both? I really liked kung fu and would like to get back into it, however limited my time is.

regan24
07-29-2012, 07:16 AM
I run several Wing Chun classes in Seoul, Mapo (line no.5) You are more than welcome to drop in and join in a class to see if it's what you are after.

Classes are held in both Korean and English.

For more information check out the website : )

http://cafe.naver.com/reganwingchun

or www.facebook.com/wingchunsoul

A BIONIC LEG
08-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Check out GM Yim Hon Suk,

He teaches Teoul Moon in Sang Tan (45 minutes south) and has a Chi Gong studio in Seoul.

Teoul Moon covers Hung Gar, mantis as well as a varity of weapons.

I spent 6 months with GM Yim and now that I am in Okinawa I continue to practice.

If anything he is worth checking out.

A BIONIC LEG
08-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Sorry BTW his sight is teoulmoon.com that should also answer your questions.