PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Warrior

Yao Sing
04-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Chuck Liddell can punch a cow in half, and he still wants spikes or a blade on his fist.:eek:

GeneChing
04-09-2009, 09:12 AM
It's total Wolverine. ;) We like spikes (http://www.martialartsmart.net/45-78.html).

Yao Sing, I'm guessing you're refering to the new Spike show that debuted April 7 (http://www.spike.com/show/31082?refsite=7190&cmpnid=865&pt=pr&lkdes=NET_spike). I didn't watch it, but I'll probably check out the episode when they match the Shaolin monk versus the Cannibal. The contacted me about that several times (even asked me for a demo reel!) but it was too bizarre, even for me. :eek:

'Deadliest Warrior': Your imaginary fights come to life (http://blogs.usatoday.com/popcandy/2009/04/deadliest-warrior-your-imaginary-fights-come-to-life.html)
By Whitney Matheson

Who'd win in a fight: a Viking or a Samurai? What about a pirate vs. a knight? Or a ninja vs. a Spartan?

These sound like the kinds of questions posed around 2 a.m. when the bar is about to close. They also sound like the premise for a new series on the Spike network.

Each episode of Deadliest Warrior, premiering Tuesday on Spike, "pits two of the most feared warriors civilization has ever known against each other." Series regulars include a biomedical engineer who collects technical data during each fight, a doctor who "analyzes the lethal potential" of the battles and a "computer ****" who runs simulations of the matchups.

The whole thing is a weird blend of high-tech gadgetry, bloody warrior showmanship and pure fantasy. The result could either be fascinating or terrible, but at least they're trying something new.

Watch the premiere April 7 at 10 p.m. ET. All of the matchups I mentioned in the first paragraph are actual episodes, though the first ep pairs a gladiator against an Apache. Wow.

sanjuro_ronin
04-09-2009, 10:51 AM
It's total Wolverine. ;) We like spikes.

Yao Sing, I'm guessing you're refering to the new Spike show that debuted April 7 (http://www.spike.com/show/31082?refsite=7190&cmpnid=865&pt=pr&lkdes=NET_spike). I didn't watch it, but I'll probably check out the episode when they match the Shaolin monk versus the Cannibal. The contacted me about that several times (even asked me for a demo reel!) but it was too bizarre, even for me. :eek:

Now, that sounds cool.
Not sure how well it can be done, but its for entertainment so its all good !

冠木侍
04-09-2009, 11:31 AM
I was going to make a thread later on as I caught the first episode a couple of times.

Interesting premise but I'm not sure how they came up with the warrior pairs.
I can't wait to see the samurai in action on the next one.

Yep, Chuck could be considered a gladiator..

sanjuro_ronin
04-09-2009, 11:53 AM
From what I have read, the show blew it on the first episode - Apache VS Gladiator- with the Apache winning because he uses a Bow and Arrow.
I don't know if this is correct, BUT if it is, that is just silly.
IF they are going to do it that way then, obviously, SNIPER beats ALL.
:rolleyes:

RonH
04-10-2009, 08:21 AM
It's total Wolverine. ;) We like spikes (http://www.martialartsmart.net/45-78.html).

They need to have the pirate fight the ninja. About those blades, they look more fantasy in origin than a traditional weapon.

MasterKiller
04-10-2009, 08:45 AM
From what I have read, the show blew it on the first episode - Apache VS Gladiator- with the Apache winning because he uses a Bow and Arrow.
I don't know if this is correct, BUT if it is, that is just silly.
IF they are going to do it that way then, obviously, SNIPER beats ALL.
:rolleyes:

The show was cool. I saw it. They gave the edge to the apache because of their stealth tactics (ala special forces), long-range bow, and their skill at throwing the tomahawk. Also, they showed how horse-jaw axes can basically brain you when hit from behind.

The gladiator got props for being a killing machine and more adept at hand-to-hand death dealing, and for having more deadly close-range skills.

The idea was that the apache would most likely sneak up and hit the gladiator from outside his weapon range.

GeneChing
04-10-2009, 09:11 AM
I feel ya on that, RonH. When I first saw the treatment, the pirate and ninja were pitted against different warriors and all I could think was 'these guys haven't done their research at all.'

It got worse when they showed me what they had planned for the Shaolin monk. I was contacted by a series of different representatives and I gave each one advice. There was a lot of ambiguity if they were even going to credit me for my time and expertise, but I suspect they won't. That's ok. I doubt they'll take my advice either.

We'll see how the show fares. I don't get Spike. Hopefully someone here will be kind enough to give me a heads up when the Shaolin episode is online.

RonH
04-10-2009, 10:02 AM
It'll probably be put up at surfthechannel or youku or that potato site.

Jimbo
04-14-2009, 11:40 PM
I've watched the viking vs. samurai episode. I know it's for entertainment purposes, but I find the concept doesn't necessarily prove anything. Obviously there is no way to truly measure 'would've's or 'should've's. In the end, the samurai won, barely. In reality, I could see it either way.

The episode's samurai authority mentions about speed and precision and warrior's honor. I tend to believe that in mass combat, the samurai would not have shown such beautiful 'choreography'. Real combat, esp. when prolonged and on a battlefield, is not beautiful, it's chaotic. A lot of the philosophy seemed to take a much more prominent position from the 17th century to 1867 (Tokugawa period). Prior to that, I'm sure samurai were more pragmatic and concerned with winning in battle by whatever means necessary.

Once again, it's entertainment, and it's a Spike show, so there was the back-and-forth ribbing (which seemed only semi-good-natured) between the viking and samurai teams as to their relative superiority. For me, that got old real fast. They come across like obnoxious 12-year-olds debating who would win a fight between Superman or the Hulk. Plus the announcers saying "Whoa!" or "#%@*!" when the various weapons are used to demolish static targets, like they didn't expect the weapons to do damage.

They mention the main viking authority is a viking descendant, as the samurai authority is descended from samurai. Just because someone is a descendant of vikings or samurai doesn't make them a representative. There are millions of people on this planet descended from samurai and from vikings. I'm descended from samurai on my maternal side but that doesn't make me one.

Anyway, some will like it, but this show wasn't my cup of tea.

GeneChing
04-15-2009, 11:12 AM
The webisodes are available on the Spike site. I posted the link in my first post on this thread.

gunglihchuan
04-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Check out Deadliest Warrior on Spike it is really a cool show.

There may be some miscalculations and inaccuracies. I also would appreciate it if the teams representing each warrior group would refrain from trash talk. However it is such a cool and unusual concept that it is very enjoyable.

The results of the final winner is the warrior group that has the greatest total of wins in a 1000 death matches. The final fight is a representation of all those battles.

Here are the results and final fights of the last two episodes

Deadliest Warrior ep.1 p.6 Gladiator Vs. Apache
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7S4vWjRtAk

Deadliest Warrior Viking vs. Samurai THE FIGHT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAehwPJSyrA

Shaolinlueb
04-22-2009, 08:26 AM
the real question is should they let nerds who number crunch and never been in a fight, determine who is the better warriro :eek:

Lucas
04-22-2009, 10:09 AM
wow, that fight scene was well done. im quite impressed actually.

makes me wish i had cable tv for that show.

GreenCloudCLF
04-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Just caught Gladiator vs. Apache. I love the concept of the show (I totally need a scissors). I love that the people representing each faction get so worked up.

As a side note I read on IMDB that the Apacher military trainer (Snake Blocker) just had a little son. 8 lbs 6 oz and named him (ock.

That is all.

Songshan
04-27-2009, 08:16 PM
watch and observe here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZbPCrqliF4&feature=popular)

Drake
04-27-2009, 08:24 PM
"Ninjas can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

MINE

goju
04-27-2009, 09:27 PM
that show is so retarded it makes me want to ****!!!!!!!

see what up next ira vs taliban!?

watch clingons vs vulcans next

IronFist
04-27-2009, 10:09 PM
A ninja would totally win IRL.

In the previous week's episode, a Samurai killed a Viking. I actually might disagree with that outcome.

Drake
04-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Someone already posted this, dude.

David Jamieson
04-28-2009, 03:35 AM
my ass vs the producers nose

(just so he gets a taste of his own medicine) :D

Tensei85
04-28-2009, 03:46 AM
Lol, actually that's quite entertaining!

Songshan
04-29-2009, 12:36 AM
my ass vs the producers nose

(just so he gets a taste of his own medicine) :d

hahahhaahaha

Lucas
05-01-2009, 02:42 PM
A ninja would totally win IRL.

In the previous week's episode, a Samurai killed a Viking. I actually might disagree with that outcome.

i would probably buy the samurai winning, depending on the time period of samurai used of course, the technologies were not the same. At the high of old military technology, the japanese had steel plate armor, at the low, they used bamboo.

assuming they use a samurai in full plate, i would surely give him the win

Lucas
05-01-2009, 02:47 PM
spartan vs ninja in single combat. thats tough. i would probably give it up to the spartan though because he uses a shield.

i suppose the ninja might throw poisoned shuriken then he could win, but in a fair fight with inherent regional gear, i would think the spartan could best him, since the only armer involved is a shield whilst both use very quick 1 handed weapons, ninja maybe using a 2 hand but likely not

Yao Sing
05-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Shaolin Monk is on next Tuesday @ 10pm EST going against a Maori Warrior. This one is going to be a total joke, sorry to say.

Lucas
05-12-2009, 09:13 PM
they should just get a shaolin monk and a maori warrior and get them to fight. they are both still around.

GeneChing
05-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Like I mentioned earlier (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=928915&postcount=2), I was originally contacted for the Shaolin Monk vs. Cannibal episode, sort of a vegetarian vs. mega-carnivore grudge match. They were trying to contact one of the several monks in the LA area, and at one point, they were asking me my advice on someone from Paulie Zink's lineage or something - shoot I should look that up to be sure. I still have the email correspondences. They asked me if I wanted to do it, but I didn't want to face a cannibal. I'm way too tasty for that (especially slathered in nacho sauce). They hounded me for a lot of advice, but I stopped being helpful pretty early on when they couldn't even commit to giving us a credit.

Lucas
05-13-2009, 09:42 AM
c'mon gene, you can take a cannibal. all they get are spears and cool face tattoos.

they do look pretty psycho though, ill give em that.

just show up with a rope dart

Yao Sing
05-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Not getting credit would probably be a good thing. I suspect the treatment will be a pretend movie monk rather than anything historically accurate. I doubt they really want reality as everyone identifies with the movie monk image. They'll probably make the Maori warrior out to be some kind of cannibal anyhow.

The one I just watched was US Special Forces against Russian Spetnaz. They easily could have battled it out in the back lot somewhere if they really wanted to know who would win.

I wonder when they'll get around to Batman vs Superman or something equally silly.

ghostexorcist
05-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Currently watching the new episode. What numb nut chose the Shaolin weapons, not to mention the practitioners?

ghostexorcist
05-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Shaolin barely won. The scenario went like this:

* A lone shaolin monk is practicing Taiji (for some reason) in a clearing when he is challenged by a Maori warrior wielding a hardwood staff tipped with a green stone club. The Monk whips out a meteor hammer, but the Maori knocks it away like a baseball. The monk runs away like a b*tch.

* The monk then switches to a chain whip and does that pointless maneuver where you hop up and down on the ground and pass it underneath of you. The Maori just stands back and watches from a safe distance. After being disarmed, the monk runs away like a b*tch.

* The monk then switches to his waxwood staff, which is promptly shattered in half by the Maori. He once again runs away like a b*tch.

* The monk is finally able to disarm the Maori of his staff with twin hooks and even manages to slice his stomach. However, the Maori grabs a hand held green stone club and a paddle club lined with shark teeth and disarms him of the twin hooks.

* The monk resorts to emei piercers and wins by stabbing the Maori in the temple.

Overall, I was unimpressed with whole episode. You could tell the person who played the monk was a sport wushu practitioner. None of the moves they did (especially with the chain whip) would ever be effective in battle.

According to the computer simulations ran, the Shaolin monk won almost 700 of 1000 battles, while the Maori only won 300. The lead Maori proponent exclaimed "that's just what the computer says. The computer is probably Chinese!" That made me laugh. Even though I am a big fan of pre-modern Shaolin, I have to say that I personally would have given the edge to the Maori based on their performance. The Shaolin representatives were pitiful.

taai gihk yahn
05-20-2009, 05:07 AM
total BS - hands down, Maori wins every time: to wit, when they were fighting Brits at one point, the "urban legend" (via a Kiwi I once knew) is that when the Brits ran out of ammo, the Maori sold them more so that they could keep fighting! :eek:

yeah, I know, but it's a great story!

sanjuro_ronin
05-20-2009, 05:41 AM
Hands down, this show is one of the dumbest on TV.

Suntzu
05-20-2009, 07:04 AM
none can defeat....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdMCAV6Yd0Y

except in the late rounds :o

Mr Punch
05-20-2009, 07:22 AM
The Maori win. Full stop. The Hairy Man could even kick Fedor's ass.

I love the haka, and watch them a couple of times a month. That youtube spiel is bull**** tho. Haka are and were performed for many reasons, not just before battle. As the translation to the lyrics of that one they use go too, that particular one's an ancestral chant, not a war haka. The war haka are badder-asser.

Suntzu
05-20-2009, 07:35 AM
That youtube spiel is bull**** tho. Haka are and were performed for many reasons, not just before battle

i know.... just didn't feel like digging around for a better vid..... but thanks for pointing that out... should have made a disclaimer on the original post....

ghostexorcist
05-20-2009, 08:17 AM
The 12-year-old girl they got to represent Shaolin would have been massacred by the 250 + pound Polynesians representing the Maoris if they had actually fought.

chusauli
05-20-2009, 09:50 AM
It was entertaining! I thought the Shaolin guys looked a bit wimpy, and the Maoris looked a bit savage, but it was fun entertainment.

I probably would not have picked the Shaolin weapons they highlighted, perhaps choosing the double handed sword, spear, jian, maces, or other weapons instead.

Lucas
05-20-2009, 10:16 AM
i havnt watched this, but i they should have just had a spear fight.

all of the pictures i see of the Maori, they are wielding spears.

the spear is one of the traditional weapons of the chinese.

they seem to make very silly decisions on this show.

do they think shaolin monks carry an arsenal around with them at all times or something?

Likely he would just have a staff, or nothing.

Yung Apprentice
05-21-2009, 10:35 AM
I agree, that show is ridiculous. I just saw the Mafia vs. Yakuza. Wow, they made the Yakuza look like some panzies.:rolleyes:

冠木侍
05-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Now the show isn't perfect by any means but I do find it an interesting concept. Certain outcomes I did frown upon...as I had my money on the Yakuza. But part of the entertainment value for me is when the two sides are talking smack to each other. Some of the stuff they say is pretty funny.

That Maori sore loser made an interesting comment about the computer. The good humor part of me laughed but the Chinese part didn't care for it. What a dicotomy.

Yung Apprentice
05-22-2009, 05:08 AM
As someone pointed out, I think it's stupid they use descendents instead of experts for the show. I too think its an entertaining show, although the trash talk brings the show down in my opinion.

I much more prefer Warriors with Terry Schappert. They actually use experts, who train in the styles of that particular warrior, and overall it just seems more historically accurate. (as far as weapons used and strategies etc) I like how they teach Terry how to use the weapons, and it's just a very interesting show without any trash.

Shaolinlueb
05-22-2009, 09:02 AM
none can defeat....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdMCAV6Yd0Y

except in the late rounds :o

I have also seen these african gentlemen do these tribal dances before going into battle and performed as a ceremony type thing.

to me its laughable, and if i saw someone on the battlefield do that to me, i would aim my rifle/bow and fire. sorry.

GeneChing
05-27-2009, 11:36 AM
We sold out of knitting needles....errr, I mean emei piercers (http://www.martialartsmart.net/45-069.html). We also saw a spike (pun intended) in Tiger Hook (http://www.martialartsmart.net/45-007.html) sales.

Let's see, the list they sent me included:
Ring (wind and fire wheels (http://www.martialartsmart.net/4546.html))
Meteor Hammer (http://www.martialartsmart.net/45-072.html)
9 section chain whip (http://www.martialartsmart.net/45-29.html)
Staff/cudgel (http://www.martialartsmart.net/Staffs.html)
Twin Tiger Hooks
Emei Piercers (Judges’s Pen)

I still haven't seen the full episode

GeneChing
09-01-2009, 01:12 PM
I would love it if one of our forum members made the cut. Of course, I imagine that there are more ninjas (http://www.martialartsmart.com/ninja-styles.html) here than pirates. ;)

We've recently went live with our newest project, a casting for Spike TV's Deadliest Warrior. They're looking for people knowledgeable about the C.I.A, K.G.B, Somali Pirates, Comngol Warriors, and an assortment of other fighters.

Here's a link to all the details: http://www.gotcast.com/casting-calls/Deadliest-Warrior/54916

ManilaCrane
07-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Which one will win? I personally think Ming Warrior.

GeneChing
07-06-2010, 04:28 PM
So do they mean early Ming or late Ming?

Do the musketeers get to use muskets?

ManilaCrane
07-06-2010, 04:38 PM
So do they mean early Ming or late Ming?

Do the musketeers get to use muskets?

Im not sure, but the weapons Ming uses in the show is the Dao, Rocket propeller (Nest of Bees or Rocket arrows), 3 barrel pole cannon, and Mechanically Triggered Land Mine.

Musketeer uses rapier and main gauche, Wheel lock pistol, flintlock musket, and grenade.

ManilaCrane
07-06-2010, 05:37 PM
but it looks to me its late ming dynasty

Hebrew Hammer
07-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Well if we're talking French musketeers...sigh...they're only tough in the movies...now Joan of Ark might be a better match up!

ManilaCrane
07-06-2010, 06:19 PM
I wonder if late ming dynasty armor would go up against musket rounds though...

Lucas
07-06-2010, 06:30 PM
he gets a pistol, its over. all he has to do is hold that in reserve play a defense game, use the musket in propper range and finish with the wheel lock.

its in the technology. give me a rifle and a pistol against a man without one and ill show you a dead man shortly.

ManilaCrane
07-06-2010, 06:42 PM
oh yeah, in this simualtion its gonna be a 5v5 match up.

YouKnowWho
07-06-2010, 06:46 PM
When Chinese 關公 (Guan Gung) fights against Japanese 宮本武藏 (Miyamoto Musashi), who is going to win?

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/965174/3737128

http://www.twfilm.org/web/website/movie_clip_/clip/2.html

I'm always interested to know if the Mongolian empire fought against the Rome empire, who would win?

ManilaCrane
07-06-2010, 09:54 PM
lol imma have to go with Miyamato Musashi on this one buddy :p

GeneChing
07-13-2010, 09:15 AM
It's Pirate vs. Ninja. When will they get that right? Speaking of ninjas, or more specifically smoking hot ninjettes, one of our top ninjettes just got outed as a Russian Spy by DW. (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1024981&postcount=6)

Deadliest Warrior: Series 2 (http://tv.sky.com/deadliest-warrior)
Bravo: Mon 19 Jul, 10pm
"Who'd win in a fight between..."

It's a question that's driven pub-based conversations for years, and now thanks to Bravo, we may finally have an answer.

That's right Deadliest Warrior, the ultimate computer showdown which pits history's most feared warriors against each other returns for an all new series of violence, death and destruction. Part computer game, part historically minded documentary and part bloke fantasy; Deadliest Warrior sounds absurd, and it is, but it's also brilliant.

Each week a team of studio experts and computer geeks look at two of civilisation's most bloodthirsty warriors and arm them with an armoury of weapons specific to their lifetime. Modern day specialists then discuss the impact of this weaponary using real life tests before feeding the information of each combatant into a computer to determine who'd be the average winner over 1000 blood thirsty bouts.

Sounds a bit boring right? Wrong! Once the data is tallied up, the computer generates a mock battle, allowing the armchair-dwellers back home the opportunity to watch some of the most unlikely match-ups from across history. Ever wanted to know who'd win in a fight between a knight and a ninja? Now you can. A pirate and a Shaolin monk? yep got that too. The Navy Seals versus a Maori warrior? Sure why not.

The show was a ratings hit last time out and with participants ranging from Attila The Hun to Al Capone how can you possibly not tune in for season two?

Lucas
07-13-2010, 01:24 PM
i saw a preview that they are making or made a video game of this show. i saw the ninja fighting the spartan on the advertisement. oh and the pirate vs the knight/crusader.

GeneChing
07-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Make me look it up (http://www.spike.com/show/31082), why don't ya?

Jul 13, 2010 @ 7:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior
KGB vs. CIA
KGB, the Kremlin's covert killers goes head-to-head with the CIA, America's clandestine assassins. Deadly spymasters of the Cold War face off with chilling top-secret arsenals: silenced mini-machine guns, exploding spikes, brutal shoe knives and neck-slicing garrote wires.

Jul 13, 2010 @ 8:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior
Vlad the Impaler vs. Sun Tzu
In a fight to the death, Vlad The Impaler, the barbaric butcher of Transylvania whose blood-thirsty deeds inspired the legend of Dracula, faces off with Sun TZU, the Chinese war monger who wrote the Art of War, which led to the slaughter of millions.

Jul 13, 2010 @ 9:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior
Ming Warrior vs. Musketeer
Ming Warrior, the vicious death dealer who used exploding land-mines and fire arrows to launch China's greatest empire battles the Musketeer, an elite French fighter who blasted enemies with a gut-busting musket, then skewered them with a rapier swords.

Jul 13, 2010 @ 10:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior
Roman Centurion vs. Rajput
Worlds collide when a Centurion, commander of Rome's bone-crushing army, takes on a Rajput, India's greatest fighter. In a fight to the finish, these two warriors face off using a chest-splitting javelin, a snake-like coiled sword, and a relentless battle-tank.

Jul 20, 2010 @ 9:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior
Attila The Hun vs. Alexander The Great
Attila the Hun, the barbarian horseman who terrorized Europe, battles Alexander the Great, history's greatest military tactician.¿¿ In this historic match-up, two of history's¿ most brilliant military minds will fight to the finish using skull-crushing axes, limb-severing swords, horseback archery and catapults.¿

Jul 20, 2010 @ 10:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior
Comanche vs. Mongol
An epic match featuring the Comanche, the fierce, Native American killer against the Mongol, the barbaric warrior who conquered more territory than any empire in history. The greatest horse warriors of all time charge to the death using scalping knives, war lances, and heart-stopping precision archery.

Jul 24, 2010 @ 1:00 AM
Deadliest Warrior
Comanche vs. Mongol

Jul 24, 2010 @ 1:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior
Somali Pirate vs. Medellin Cartel
Somali Pirates, modern-day, RPG-blasting hijackers of the high seas battle the Medellin Cartel, Colombia's most notorious drug lords. In this extraordinary matchup, these two brutal crime gangs will face off with machine guns, machetes and stunningly explosive car bombs.

Jul 24, 2010 @ 2:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior
SWAT vs. GSG-9
An epic match-up featuring SWAT, the elite special forces of U.S. law enforcement, against Germany's GSG-9, the ultra-secretive paramilitary arm of the German Police.¿ Utilizing sniper rifles, shot guns and paralyzing stun tools two of the world's toughest police forces will go head-to-head in an historic, never-before-seen firefight to the death.

Jul 24, 2010 @ 3:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior
Attila The Hun vs. Alexander The Great
Attila the Hun, the barbarian horseman who terrorized Europe, battles Alexander the Great, history's greatest military tactician.¿¿ In this historic match-up, two of history's¿ most brilliant military minds will fight to the finish using skull-crushing axes, limb-severing swords, horseback archery and catapults.¿

Jul 24, 2010 @ 4:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior
Nazi SS vs. Viet Cong
The Nazi SS, Adolf Hitler's homicidal shock troops of WW II , battle the Viet Cong, the murderous masters of jungle warfare. Two of the most lethal foes ever faced by American GIs square off in a bloody showdown using machine guns, flesh-burning flamethrowers, and flying poison spikes.
Jul 24, 2010 @ 5:00 PM

Deadliest Warrior
Aztec Jaguar vs. Zande Warrior
Aztec Jaguar, the ruthless ritual warrior of North America battles the Zande Warrior, a blood-thirsty killer of Central Africa.¿¿In a fight to the finish, these two pre-gunpowder tribal fighters will face off using Razor-sharp obsidian swords, jagged-edged spears and flying blades of death.

Jul 24, 2010 @ 6:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior
Roman Centurion vs. Rajput

Jul 24, 2010 @ 7:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior
KGB vs. CIA

Jul 24, 2010 @ 8:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior
Vlad the Impaler vs. Sun Tzu

Jul 24, 2010 @ 9:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior
Jesse James vs. Al Capone
Two of America's most successful criminal masterminds and their brutal gangs go head to head. Jesse James' Gang of gun-slinging, sharp-shooting bank robbers battle Al Capone's Gang of notorious, bullet-spewing Tommy Gun mobsters.

Jul 24, 2010 @ 10:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior

Jul 24, 2010 @ 11:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior
Comanche vs. Mongol

Jul 27, 2010 @ 7:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior
Jesse James vs. Al Capone

Jul 27, 2010 @ 8:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior

Jul 27, 2010 @ 9:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior
Comanche vs. Mongol

Jul 27, 2010 @ 10:00 PM
Deadliest Warrior
Navy Seal vs. Israeli Command
No more Shaolin monks. Now I'm bummed. :(

Lucas
07-14-2010, 01:10 PM
sun tzu is going to own vlad tepes. its a no contest really. alexander the great would have been a better match up but he probably has to fight temujin...

Jimbo
07-15-2010, 02:37 PM
***spoiler alert***

Sun Tzu actually didn't do so well against ol' Vlad.

dirtyrat
07-15-2010, 02:45 PM
The show's brainless fun :cool:. The winner is dependent on which group of historic 'experts' better chooses their weapons and how well they demonstrate them. Though occasionally they will pair mismatches.

GeneChing
02-25-2011, 11:05 AM
When you think about it, it's really a game developer's fantasy show.

Deadliest Warrior DLC available now, adds three characters and new mode (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/25/deadliest-warrior-dlc-available-now-adds-three-characters-and-n/)
by Griffin McElroy on Feb 25th 2011 5:00AM

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2011/02/gamdwshaolin530.jpg
Have you mastered the art of dismemberment on all of Deadliest Warrior's anachronistic fighters? A DLC pack for the game released today has added a handful of new combatants for you to master, including the Rajput, Zande and Shaolin Monk -- three archetypes from the television series that were chosen for the game in an online fan poll.

The pack also includes a medium-range taunt for each of the game's original eight fighters, and a new mode, Skirmish, which lets two players choose four of their favorite combatants and fight the opponent's picks sequentially. The first person to clear out the other player's roster wins, which sounds like a pretty clever way to lengthen the game's typically seconds-long encounters.

The pack is available now for 400 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live Marketplace, and $4.99 on the PlayStation Store.

Lucas
02-25-2011, 11:27 AM
ya i saw an add on my xbox live for that game, they featured the Shaolin Monk in the picture add...makes me want to try it out to see how good they did.

Lucas
02-25-2011, 11:27 AM
***spoiler alert***

Sun Tzu actually didn't do so well against ol' Vlad.

did they actually fight a duel in the scenario or was it army vs army?

Jimbo
02-26-2011, 12:33 AM
Lucas:
It was a one-on-one duel. I don't remember any armies in the final comparison/scenario, but it's been awhile since I saw it.

Razaunida
06-17-2011, 09:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPmfQAMvOzk&feature=related

Truth is more interesting than fiction

David Jamieson
06-17-2011, 10:33 PM
I liked it!

Spike is goofy. But meh, it's better than the view even when it is so omniwrong.

SPJ
06-18-2011, 08:33 AM
like the tiger poster.

tidy up the sheet on your bed, bro.

show us some moves of your own, instead of mumbling and mumbling

--

Lee Chiang Po
06-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Most of that show was bull crap, so why not that part? Like the Apache Indian segment. Another bs show. Entertainment.

Lucas
06-28-2011, 12:39 PM
just got around to watching this show. watched several episodes over the last few days. pretty neat. i like how the native americans won both of their encounters haha. apache takes down roman gladiator, and comanche takes out the mongol. haha and all with rocks, wood, a tiny bit of iron and zero armor.

own

whoop whoop!!

SimonM
06-28-2011, 12:53 PM
did they actually fight a duel in the scenario or was it army vs army?

They... did... a 1-on-1 duel between Vlad the Impaler and Sunzi?!?!?!

O.o

Sunzi - the name ascribed to what was probably more than one warring states / spring autumn period general operating in a cohesive oral tradition?!?

An agregate literary personality against the historical effing template for dracula!?!?!?!?!?!?

Jumped

the

Shark.

Lucas
06-28-2011, 12:56 PM
lol ya i havnt seen that one yet...the comanche war spear is bad ass tho i want one. and that one comanche guy shot 3 arrows at once and hit a target with 2 of them from horseback. he didnt miss one shot either from horseback on stationary or moving targets.

but what impressed me the most was the apache knife fighting skills. that one guy killed 3 people in like 1/3 of a second or soemthing crazy like that lol

now THATS real life applicable

Lucas
06-30-2011, 10:12 AM
i was kind of suprised that the shaolin won over the maori, simply based on the weapons they chose to bring to the table.

they chose

double hook swords

emei piercers

staff

whip chain

i would have chosen

double hook

broadsword

spear

chain whip

however with their selection, theyy did win like 62% or so of the scenarios...i imagine with a sword and spear they would have won even more. it really came down to steel vs rock and wood...not much of a competition when u look at the technologies.