PDA

View Full Version : Judo fungus?

Yao Sing
04-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Fungus (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article6072282.ece) spreading in Japan Judo schools. Sounds like potential trouble for the burgeoning MMA market.

Anyone heard about this?

IronWeasel
04-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Yep...

Wrestling, judo and ju jitsu mostly.

Take a couple of weeks off the grappling, bleach your equipment and take your keto/fluconazole/metronidazole and say yer prayers brothers.

Fungus....still better than the MRSA!

mawali
04-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Serious business! Has been going on for about 3 years or so!
Personal hygiene very important and cleaning uniform daily. If not for yourself, then for the other person who may not be hygenic or even the gym facilities.

BoulderDawg
04-11-2009, 10:09 PM
I'll be honest, with work and other responsiblities I simply don'y have time to wash my uniform every day. However, I believe you run into problems when you workout, get drenched in sweat then stuff the uniform in a plastic bag.

If I'm working out 3/4 days in a row I'll hang it on a coat rack and keep it in the car. That way it will be exposed to the air and catch sunlight on most days.

In any case hygiene is the key. They need close those schools, disinfect them from top to bottom and then enforce some extremely strict hygiene rules. This is similar to the staff discussion that was here several months ago. As was said then, stay clean and you will have no problem.