PDA

View Full Version : The Masters

BoulderDawg
04-11-2009, 08:18 PM
One of the few golf tournaments that I watch every year.

I like the concept. You truly have to be a master of the game to play in the Masters. Best players in the world...no doubt! I think there is only about a 100 people who are allowed to tee up each year.

Now compare that to Martial Arts and the thousands (Just here in the United Sates) that call themselves "Master". It would be nice if they could have an MA tourney like this!

Anyway, Tiger Woods.......what an ass! There is no argument he's head and shoulders the best player in the world and one of the best that has ever been. I saw an interview on TV where he said he was still learning the game. The arrogance of such a statement.

Violent Designs
04-11-2009, 09:08 PM
I know right humility was so 1800's.

golden arhat
04-12-2009, 04:31 AM
there should definitley be some kind of standard test before you can call yourself a master

look at the test you have to do in japan to reach 8th dan even in kendo its brutal

BoulderDawg
04-12-2009, 05:24 PM
The Masters was interesting today. For a while there I thought that Tiger Woods and Phil Mickleson were the only two players on the course....at least they were the only two they showed on TV.

One just has to wonder how much better the guy who won it would have done had he not had to swing around his beer gut!:D

Lucas
04-16-2009, 01:31 PM
do you have any idea how many hours that man had to spend on the course just to develop that gut??!?!?!

:p;)

BoulderDawg
04-16-2009, 02:15 PM
do you have any idea how many hours that man had to spend on the course just to develop that gut??!?!?!

:p;)

Well I think most of that training happened off the course!:D I heard on the news he ate 9 cheeseburgers to celebrate!

Lucas
04-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Well I think most of that training happened off the course!:D I heard on the news he ate 9 cheeseburgers to celebrate!

man even after a victory that guy never stops training !