PDA

View Full Version : please help

Thomas316
04-14-2009, 04:39 PM
hello hello everyone, my name is thomas and i need a little bit of help. i would like to purchase the english edition dvds at www.kungfuloung.com.tw (http://www.martialartsmart.net/index.html)

i wanna use a money order, and i live in california. does anyone have any idea if i have to "convert" the 309 united states dollars into taiwan currency? has anyone living in the united states ever ordered from this site? i really want to order these dvds and the uncertainties and the inconvenience are annoying me.

any form of help will be appreciated. thank you.

GeneChing
04-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Is this spam? We've had spam like this before, Thomas316. Given that it's your first post, we'll be watching.

David Jamieson
04-15-2009, 12:47 PM
lol

BAN HIM!!!! :mad:

:p

Thomas316
04-15-2009, 01:24 PM
what makes you believe im trying to spam? i posted the question because im truly worried about this dilemma. the reason i registered on this forums was because i would like to have some questions answered. ive nevered used a money order before. that site makes purchasing very inconvenient.

geneching,

i was the one who failed to log in over 5 times. i just remembered my password. nobody was trying to log in with my username. i sent you an email about it.

lkfmdc
04-15-2009, 02:30 PM
BAN HIM!!!! :mad:

boil him in nacho sauce!

BoulderDawg
04-15-2009, 02:39 PM
hello hello everyone, my name is thomas and i need a little bit of help. i would like to purchase the english edition dvds at www.kungfuloung.com.tw (http://www.martialartsmart.net/index.html)

i wanna use a money order, and i live in california. does anyone have any idea if i have to "convert" the 309 united states dollars into taiwan currency? has anyone living in the united states ever ordered from this site? i really want to order these dvds and the uncertainties and the inconvenience are annoying me.

any form of help will be appreciated. thank you.

Several things here. Someone has been f'ing with this post. I don't know who but when you click on the link it does not go to the company in Taiwan but rather to a company sponsored by Kung Fu Magazine....talk about spam.

Also, on the Taiwan website there are detailed instructions for international sales.

David Jamieson
04-15-2009, 03:04 PM
lol.

it's secret gene spam!

BAN YOURSELF!!! :mad:

GeneChing
04-15-2009, 03:15 PM
...and every time that happens, they ask more of MK (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=929939#post929939). And we surely don't want to have MK work any harder than he already does... :rolleyes:

Thomas316, if your post was genuine, I apologize. We have tons of spammers that use this strategy. I'll grant you the benefit of the doubt but the rest of the lynch mob here will require the burden of proof. They'll call you down if you post anything promotional for kungfuloung. What is up with that name anyway? loung? is that short for 'lounge' or a missed pinyin for long (as in dragon). We all know how Taiwan is about pinyin. :rolleyes:

I swear I didn't change that link. I would have if I had thought of it, but I was too busy dealing with this morning's blip. :o

David Jamieson
04-15-2009, 03:33 PM
that's it, he's come clean!

BAN SOMEONE!!!!:mad:

No! Not me!

That guy! *points and runs away* :p

Mas Judt
04-16-2009, 05:28 AM
Wow. Just reading that post I feel smarter. And hungry.... for Spam... :D

Water Dragon
04-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Wow. Just reading that post I feel smarter. And hungry.... for Spam... :D

Fried Bologna > Spam

Mas Judt
04-16-2009, 03:01 PM
I just had a beef-based 'lebanese gyro' (Swear to God he said that's what it was called.)

Tasted like fried bologna. Not even Mortadella. I wonder if every culture has something that tastes like fried bologna.

Old Noob
04-17-2009, 06:37 AM
I just had a beef-based 'lebanese gyro' (Swear to God he said that's what it was called.)

Tasted like fried bologna. Not even Mortadella. I wonder if every culture has something that tastes like fried bologna.

We can dream.

David Jamieson
04-17-2009, 06:49 AM
I believe a "labanese gyro" would be called a "shawarma".

Now, if only those people, in that region could understand that they are more alike than different, maybe the world could be a better place through food culture?

SPJ
04-17-2009, 07:05 AM
may be try western union to send money across the border in real time?

just saying.

:D

Water Dragon
04-17-2009, 03:01 PM
My Schwarama has a first name it's Y-A-S-A-R, my Schwarama has a second name it's A-K-B-A-R...

Mas Judt
04-20-2009, 01:19 PM
David, david, david... nonono... if I meant Schwarma, I'd say shwarma...

This was something different. Something that tasted like... fried bologna - but looked like gyros. I have to stop. It was too horrible to imagine. Why, why couldn't he just give me the shwarma I originally asked for?

And dude - if you are think shwarma tastes like fried bologna, your nuttier than I first thought... or perhaps Canadian?

David Jamieson
04-20-2009, 01:25 PM
I don't eat Shawarma unless it's chicken, but hey, there's a lot of Shawarma shops and some of those things don't look right.

The chicken always looks fine. It's the "other" one that looks messed up.

Mas Judt
04-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Just trust me on this... anybody offers you their 'new' sandwich instead of the tried and true... walk away. I used to not mind an occasional bad meal in the search for the new and different, but hey I'm closer to being dead now, why waste time on bad meals?

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Just trust me on this... anybody offers you their 'new' sandwich instead of the tried and true... walk away. I used to not mind an occasional bad meal in the search for the new and different, but hey I'm closer to being dead now, why waste time on bad meals?

there's a place around here called "that's itallian" and they come up with new stuff all the time thats awesome. i cant eat there very often though .. .. it makes everyone fat. even guys who havent been able to put on a pound since highschool get fat eating at this place. everyone except pappy that is. pappy is a guy i work with .... the dude is 61 years old, eats at thats itallian every single day, smokes like a chimney, drinks more than i do, and is still healthy and in great shape for his age. i mean i've seen 60 year olds in better shape . .. . seen guys running marathons and at my last meet i watched a 60 year old guy bench around 430 raw. but i dont think they drink, and smoke, and eat thats itallian every day either. i think pappy is a superhero.

punchdrunk
04-23-2009, 03:37 PM
i think pappy is a superhero.

I've seen guys like that, he probably does some heavy physical labour? Unfortunately their cryptonite seems to be retirement, very quickly age catches up with them and injuries come back to haunt them. But they can be some super strong monsters for a long time. Definately not the kind to pick a fight with.
Now get your Pappy a beer!:)

David Jamieson
04-23-2009, 04:07 PM
freak ass genetics.

lucky dude.

He can live it up because really, anything past 60 these days is gravy.