PDA

View Full Version : What is UNIQUE to YOUR system?

hskwarrior
04-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Inspired by omarthafish's recent thread, i was thinking........

With southern gung fu overlapping each other, and with the sharing of "SOUTHERN GUNG FU TECHNIQUES"...........i was wondering what is UNIQUE to your system, that no one else has.

Example, Chan Heung's 9 Dragon Trident. If anyone outside of CLF were to be propagating that form, everyone in CLF would know, it's strictly a Chan Family CLF weapon.

lkfmdc
04-17-2009, 10:10 AM
NOTHING

everything we do we stole from someplace

the trick is to only steal the best stuff

hskwarrior
04-17-2009, 10:26 AM
that reminds me of the Escrima Teacher i caught stealing techniques. He told me "if you got 2 moves, I got 2 moves. if you got 2000 moves, i got 2000 moves."

what he was saying was use it on me, and then i will know what you have and i will use it too.

Violent Designs
04-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Frank,

I will just speak about the CLF I know.

What makes us unique is the advancing, explosive footwork, extension, the extreme use of waist/torso to produce power, and the relaxed power of CLF.

CLF truly is the style of Northern Legs and Southern Fists, combining the best of both elements to form a devastating style with heavy, smashing fists that can crush and overwhelm you, or deceptively enter your gates without even letting you know what hit you. Our style cover both extremes, and we can fight using both ways, instantly shifting from a more yin approach, pinpoint, accurate striking into weak points of the body, and then shift into a yang energy, full blast destroying everything in the way. CLF blitzkrieg is just that, and can ONLY work with CLF style because of our unique footwork which allow us to cover great distance between us and the opponent instantly, allowing us to over run them.

brothernumber9
04-17-2009, 11:57 AM
we have a white haired devil. Otherwise, I don't know what is truly unique. Four cripples I guess and Fung Mo Gwan, Mad Devil Staff. We also have a unique IP address on the intraweb.

Violent Designs
04-17-2009, 12:27 PM
we have a white haired devil. Otherwise, I don't know what is truly unique. Four cripples I guess and Fung Mo Gwan, Mad Devil Staff. We also have a unique IP address on the intraweb.

Bak Mei Kuen?

brothernumber9
04-17-2009, 12:39 PM
No. Our white haired devil is Bak Mo Chiu. Hung Fut, Hung kuen Fut Jeong.

CLFNole
04-17-2009, 12:41 PM
No he means Bak Mo Ju - Hung Ju Sing, the famous White Haired Devil.

Bak Mo Kuen is just a hand set name.

hskwarrior
04-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Well, in Fut San Hung Sing Kuen, we have a full cirlce sweep to sitting on your butt, then spin out of it into and uppercut. That is something i've never seen in ANY other CLF as of yet.

CLFNole
04-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Frank, the Chan peeps have a full sweep into kneeling lotus stance (think that is what its called). Probably similar.

Unique is very subjective and really hard to confirm one way or another.

hskwarrior
04-17-2009, 12:47 PM
ill show you.....let me get the link. I've yet to see this, and will correct myself if wrong. no problem. BRB

okay.....at 1:06-7.............are you telling me that chan peeps do this move exactly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4BHsSObQDs

hskwarrior
04-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Chan Heung's 9 Dragon Trident isn't is it?

Similar is not exactly the same right?

CLF has Knee's and Elbows, but we're not thai boxers right?

now, Hung Ga's 1 finger pointing to the sky can't be found in another system without it being considered Hung Ga first can it?

TenTigers
04-17-2009, 12:55 PM
our system has...me!

hskwarrior
04-17-2009, 12:56 PM
They should have gotten rid of you a long time ago rik!!!!! :p just kidding

TenTigers
04-17-2009, 12:59 PM
they have, Frank! They have.:cool::;)

hskwarrior
04-17-2009, 01:03 PM
well, you gotta home here in sf. It's just in the back of a brothel.....hope you don't mind! :D

banditshaw
04-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Did someone say brothel?.... I'm in...... as long as I don't get sloppy seconds...I like a da fresh meat.:D

Lets see.... My style of Hung Kuen emphasizes strong bridges and powerful strikes(like most HGK). I would say the unique aspects are the usage of the Fu Jow and the evasive crane techniques(also like most HGK). I also do some CLF..... so there is some blending involved especially during free sparring.

One thing very unique about Hung in general is the Tid Sin Kuen set. Which usually is taught last after many years. I cannot comment too much on it only cause I haven't got there ......yet.

Violent Designs
04-17-2009, 02:59 PM
You will get there bro.

And you know your gung fu is the "real deal" because you actually put forth the time, blood, sweat and tears.

Tid Sin
04-17-2009, 03:24 PM
"..What makes us unique is the advancing, explosive footwork, extension, the extreme use of waist/torso to produce power, and the relaxed power of CLF..."

Sounds like............TKD! :p

Hmmm, Hung Kuen stole from other systems, so......?!? <thinking.....and it hurts>

Hey, at least we've got our own theme song (i.e. OUATIC - WHF's designated song) that the other gung fu systems use for their own entrance & demo music over, and over, and over, and over, and..........! ;)

hskwarrior
04-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Choy Lee Fut also has a theme song.

hskwarrior
04-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Lance,

you never answered my question.........is what i posted the same as the Chan fam does?

Asmo
04-17-2009, 11:23 PM
Members who can exchange, both in real-life and over forums, without getting into a *****slap! Hung Ga Yat Ga!

jmd161
04-18-2009, 12:29 AM
We have our foot work and our bow that is unique to our family of Black Tiger and there's the 9 armed Grinder Dummy.

I guess and Fung Mo Gwan, Mad Devil Staff.

Actually, we have this set in Black Tiger as well, but it's because Wong Cheung learned Hung Fut from Bak Mo Ju.

jeff:)

CLFNole
04-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Frank:

What you posted is similar but yes, different. Their version is a bit more complex, they do a full 360 sweep into the lotus position (legs crossed underneath) then spin out into a jump crescent kick. We have something similar in our sets without the sweep part.