PDA

View Full Version : Kiai-jitsu.

AdrianK
04-18-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm going to seriously ****ing burn down Black Belt Magazine for printing that article.

Well, at least we still got KFM.

golden arhat
04-18-2009, 05:40 PM
i havent read it

elaborate please

Kansuke
04-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Do you have to read the article out loud, at the top of your lungs?

AdrianK
04-18-2009, 05:49 PM
I was in the bookstore reading BBM (I stopped buying that and inside kung fu years ago :D) and aside from the usual articles that I roll my eyes too(aside from the fairly good piece they had on George St. Pierre), I come across a big two page article on Kiai-jitsu, the art of using your kiai to knock out/kill opponents.

If you youtube yellow bamboo or kiai-jutsu, you'll see two awesome fights where the kiai has no effect and the kiai-ing douchebag gets totally and completely owned in a way that usually only happens in prisons. So if that wasn't enough evidence of it being complete bull****, the guy writing the article tries to merge two very different ideas to justify how it works.

One, is focusing your chi with your voice... *rolls eyes*, but the other is pretty novel, he says harmonic resonance from someones voice could harm/kill someone! Like when a singer can break glass with their voice, they believe that if you match the harmonic resonance to the human body, you can pwn fools.

The great thing about that is that unless you're an alien or a robot, if we give them the benefit of the doubt of this being possible(lol), that same harmonic resonance would probably also kill you, and everyone in the vicinity too. :rolleyes:

I think the absolute greatest thing is that while explaining this whole thing, the author doesn't even reference anyone ever actually being able to accomplish this feat, and yet despite that, still somehow claims it is, or will someday be, possible.

golden arhat
04-18-2009, 05:51 PM
is it the same guy who got owned in japan writing the article??

AdrianK
04-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Nope, no doubt someone related to him though. Not much in the way of kiai-jitsu lineages.

Water Dragon
04-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Kiai-jitsu exists. Most women I know are pretty d@mn good at it.

xcakid
04-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Kiai-jitsu exists. Most women I know are pretty d@mn good at it.

Dude you got your Jitsu's confused. Understandable as there are many variation. The jitsu you speak of is Nag - a - jitsu. That is a primarily women art form of repelling men. Highly effective within husband types. There is also the guiltjitsu, the highest from of this jitsu. Older women having used nag - a - jitsu for years achieve this master status and now can use it at will. High effective on offsprings.

taai gihk yahn
04-19-2009, 01:48 PM
they believe that if you match the harmonic resonance to the human body, you can pwn fools.
LOL; I seem to recall reading about how the Germans (I think) actually tried something like that in WWII w/these machines that produced debilitating sound that incapacitated you in someway; and they worked, too! the only glitch was that the victim had to stand in the same spot for something like 2 minutes for it to have that effect...

TenTigers
04-19-2009, 03:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MhgnMX73Pw&feature=related

documented proof that it does indeed work.

Scott R. Brown
04-19-2009, 07:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MhgnMX73Pw&feature=related

documented proof that it does indeed work.

Yeah!!! On Martians!!:rolleyes:

You seem to have forgotten that the harmonic resonance of Martians is different than that of humans! Clearly we are safe from Martian invasion thanks to Slim Whitman, but what can we use on other humans? That is what I want to know!

Perhaps this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHUGeuMm45w&feature=related

Lucas
04-20-2009, 09:57 AM
i wish i could remember where i read this and ill have to look into it again now but i remember reading about some new thing the military had developed that was a machine that could be used on people to make them go into some sort of convulsions or incapacitation. dealing with sound waves.

of course this is machinery, but still. its out there.

SIFU RON
04-20-2009, 10:04 AM
hahaha :) tanks - 10Tigers-

sean_stonehart
04-20-2009, 10:14 AM
i wish i could remember where i read this and ill have to look into it again now but i remember reading about some new thing the military had developed that was a machine that could be used on people to make them go into some sort of convulsions or incapacitation. dealing with sound waves.

Oh lord... MK ULTRA is back on the books!!

Lucas
04-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Oh lord... MK ULTRA is back on the books!!

lol

the brown noise!

TenTigers
04-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Yeah!!! On Martians!!:rolleyes:

You seem to have forgotten that the harmonic resonance of Martians is different than that of humans! Clearly we are safe from Martian invasion thanks to Slim Whitman, but what can we use on other humans? That is what I want to know!

Perhaps this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHUGeuMm45w&feature=related

PROBLEM SOLVED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkp7wsJc8MI&feature=related

TenTigers
04-20-2009, 11:24 AM

I think it may be a recording of my Landlord raising my rent...

RonH
04-20-2009, 11:51 AM

You might be thinking of the long range acoustic device.