shogun

shogun

shogun

shogun

shogun

shogun

shogun

shogun

**** you haters and doubters, shogun is back.

GreenCloudCLF
04-19-2009, 05:42 AM
Yeah, congrats to shogun. He was the better of 2 washed up fighters :rolleyes:

Violent Designs
04-19-2009, 05:54 AM
Right, the skills he displayed tonight were totally of a washed up fighter.

GreenCloudCLF
04-19-2009, 05:55 AM
Right, the skills he displayed tonight were totally of a washed up fighter.

You look better when fighting another washed up fighter. It's like saying my Kung-Fu is great because I can drop my 10 year old daughter with a single strike.

Violent Designs
04-19-2009, 06:20 AM
Keep hatin.

He's gonna wreck the 205 division again (except for Machida who I think will decision him).

Three Harmonies
04-19-2009, 07:35 AM
His Pride glory is over. I am a fan, but his best is behind him. KO-ing Chuck (as much as I like it) is not exactly the step to the throne homie!

AdrianK
04-19-2009, 08:07 AM
I think he looked pretty great. True that Chuck wasn't much competition, hes looking a little fat lately - but it was impressive nonetheless.

GreenCloudCLF
04-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Keep hatin.

He's gonna wreck the 205 division again (except for Machida who I think will decision him).

You sound like I do when I rally behind Couture . I respect your dedication to your lackluster has-been, but beating Liddell with a KO was not too impressive. I do not think he will even get a title shot. Machida all the way!

Violent Designs
04-19-2009, 07:17 PM
I am realistic, I think he must keep training hard and get better. But who can beat him on paper? Stylistically speaking anyways.

Machida - I don't see Shogun catching him, but I don't see Machida finishing Shogun either. Machida via UD or Split Decision.

Rashad Evans - He has the wrestling to take Shogun down and GNP, but Shogun has much better Jujutsu and can absolutely sub him. So on the ground, I give it to Shogun. Standing up - I think they are about even on speed, and Shogun has the cleaner, more versatile striking. Rashad has the power to put Shogun out, but I don't see him catching Shogun honestly.

Rampage - On paper Shogun is Rampage's worst matchup. Better all-around standup, KO power, much faster, and a slick ground game. I think Rampage is stronger but if they clinch Shogun will hurt him with knees and elbows. If Rampage wants to go to the ground, Shogun has a high chance to sub him. If they keep the distance, Shogun's speed and accuracy, technical striking should be able to put him out, or at least get a decision (we all know Rampage's head is more like a rock than human).

Forrest Griffin - Maybe he can beat Shogun again? But if the Shogun of last night came out, or an even BETTER Shogun, I don't see Forrest taking this . . . Forrest doesn't have the KO power, Shogun has standup and ground to his advantage, as long as his conditioning keeps up.

Anyway, these are just my opinions.

It's MMA, anything can happen. :)