PDA

View Full Version : Best of UFC (A Thread dedicated to UFC 100)

GreenCloudCLF
04-21-2009, 05:34 AM
OK, most sportswriters that cover MMA are doing some kind of countdown to UFC 100. Apparently hitting triple digits is some kind of signal that we need a countdown, or some milestone has been hit. In honor of this arbitrary sign that something good has happened I thought it would be fun for the KFM forum members to put forth what they think is the best of what the UFC has offered thus far. And, since I am getting to be a cranky old man, what is the worst they have shown. On to my votes:

Best fight card:
UFC 74 - Respect
The reasons:

Couture turning Gonzaga into a bloody mess
Babalu turning David Heath into a bloody mess, then choking him out, literally, and getting fined $25K, and kicked out of the UFC
Mir's Kimura on Hardonk, showing that the motorcycle accident was a delay and not the end
Leites armbar of Ryan Jensen, who was arguably winning the first round

Worst fight card:
UFC 58: USA vs Canada
Other than the St. Pierre/Penn fight (which still went to decision) every other fight on the card put me to sleep watching it. It is probably the only UFC DVD I have only seen once in its entirety.

Best Knockout:
Gonzaga's headkick to CroCop
Normally I try to pick something that not everyone else would vote on but **** did you see CroCop drop? Look at how twisted his leg is when he went down EEEEWWWW.

Best string of fightcards (Group of 10):
UFC's 41 - 50
Couture on most of the cards. Tito being spanked (literally by Couture, figuratively by Ice-Man), Sylvia's arm being broken by Mir (again literally).

What do you guys think???:confused::confused: