PDA

View Full Version : My student's first San Da Match!

Lama Pai Sifu
04-21-2009, 10:27 PM
My student Cassidy's first amateur fight in the Long Island Marriott Hotel in Uniondale New York, April 3, 2009.

We only prepared for 6 weeks for this fight, and special thanks to Sifu David Ross for letting me bring my guys into his school and teaching us the 'ropes' to begin my school's carreer in San Da! Thanks David....for all your help...and for schleping out to LI to corner the fights with us. You're the best! :)

I'm looking forward to us kicking ass with NYSANDA and NYKUNGU on July 24th!

NYFIGHTCLUB 3 - Cassidy Huie (1-0-0) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9-vZ6SZ6v8&feature=channel_page)

Cassidy did very well for his first fight and has great potential. He's going to a super job in July, I'm sure of it!

WinterPalm
04-22-2009, 06:02 AM
That was a fun fight! Your student fought really well...seemed to understand his capabilities and utilized them quite well...ie reach and distance.

Would have liked to have seen less clothes on the ring girl though.

All I can say is that San Da, with the knees, is definitely my favourite combat sport...without a doubt.

Lama Pai Sifu
04-22-2009, 07:29 AM
Thanks so much! I think the fight was certainly a great 1st time effort.

PS, I think the regular ring girls didn't actually show, so they pulled some girls out of the audience.

:)

diego
04-22-2009, 07:31 AM
My student Cassidy's first amateur fight in the Long Island Marriott Hotel in Uniondale New York, April 3, 2009.

We only prepared for 6 weeks for this fight, and special thanks to Sifu David Ross for letting me bring my guys into his school and teaching us the 'ropes' to begin my school's carreer in San Da! Thanks David....for all your help...and for schleping out to LI to corner the fights with us. You're the best! :)

I'm looking forward to us kicking ass with NYSANDA and NYKUNGU on July 24th!

NYFIGHTCLUB 3 - Cassidy Huie (1-0-0) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9-vZ6SZ6v8&feature=channel_page)

Cassidy did very well for his first fight and has great potential. He's going to a super job in July, I'm sure of it!

does your student train forms or just sanda?...I notice his shoulders elbow and wrists are almost always 90 degrees like he is doing wing chun...http://www.geocities.com/jadedragonalaska/hsingyi.metal4.jpg

the other guy seemed like he just hits the bage and spars...lifts weights, maybe it's just body types they both do forms or ya boy just better...:cool:

Pork Chop
04-22-2009, 07:59 AM
great job sifu Mike!
Cassidy did a great job keeping his composure in his first match, we should all be so lucky! :)

Lama Pai Sifu
04-22-2009, 08:15 AM
does your student train forms or just sanda?...I notice his shoulders elbow and wrists are almost always 90 degrees like he is doing wing chun...http://www.geocities.com/jadedragonalaska/hsingyi.metal4.jpg

the other guy seemed like he just hits the bage and spars...lifts weights, maybe it's just body types they both do forms or ya boy just better...:cool:

Cassidy trains in everything..forms, trapping, weight training, San Da...he starts training in our BJJ class next Tues.

diego
04-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Cassidy trains in everything..forms, trapping, weight training, San Da...he starts training in our BJJ class next Tues.

Look forward to the updates;)

David Jamieson
04-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Guy did a good job. good fight!

Lucas
04-22-2009, 10:03 AM
sweet deal man.

again, when are you going to open a branch in portland?

:p;)

Mano Mano
04-22-2009, 10:46 AM
A far better standard than any current Sanda/Sanshou being done here in the UK.

lkfmdc
04-22-2009, 12:43 PM
I am featured in the background screaming frequently :D

David Jamieson
04-22-2009, 01:38 PM

just keep the sex talk on that "other" forum ok? :p

taai gihk yahn
04-22-2009, 01:41 PM

you still won't tell me what you were whispering into his ear...:mad:

lkfmdc
04-22-2009, 02:04 PM
you still won't tell me what you were whispering into his ear...:mad:

I said, "in regards to si-suk Chris, don't go anywhere alone with the man!"

;)

iron_silk
05-05-2009, 10:21 AM
So would you say he's predominately using CLF and Lama Pai type of techniques in there?

I've been trying to do a little sparring using applications from forms but I generally end up using the basic strikes.

lkfmdc
05-05-2009, 10:26 AM
So would you say he's predominately using CLF and Lama Pai type of techniques in there?

nah, just glorified kickboxing :D

iron_silk
05-05-2009, 10:38 AM

well...whatever works I guess :)

Still...it would be nice to eventually reach a level where it actually seem practical to apply the techniques from forms

Hardwork108
05-05-2009, 01:41 PM

Well the fight was kind of "scary"...:D

Hardwork108
05-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Congratulations, at least you are attempting to be honest.

Anyway, the boy did good. As always dedicated training reflects in combat performance (yes, this holds true even in glorified kickboxing).;)