PDA

View Full Version : a bruise that will not heal?

hiddenmantis
04-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Most of the time when I get hit any bruises go away in less then one month. But I have this one bruise from a shot I took four months ago that still has visible damage. It was a pretty hard hit from a larger guy and what made it worse is I caught it completely unaware. It the time I thought no big deal. Really I still think that but I'd like to heal the bruise for cosmetic reasons. Basically I think there must be some left over blood caught in the area thats having trouble working it way out.
Any ideas ? Maybe some herbs or acupressure? Or just wait longer?

LaterthanNever
04-26-2009, 02:28 PM
See a physician immediately! One of(not the only one..but one of a few warning signs) the warning signs of possible cancer is a sore or wound that does not heal.

Not saying this to freak you out..but I'm being prudent.

BoulderDawg
04-27-2009, 12:11 AM
Maybe you're dead and don't know it.:D That's the only thing I can think of.

Of course it doesn't take a genius to realize that if this is as you described then something is wrong.

Tensei85
04-27-2009, 01:46 AM
I would recommend acupuncture and moxibustion treatments coupled with dit da jow linaments. that would take away the bruise, ive experienced bruises similar to what was stated and those treatments help tremendously.

GreenCloudCLF
04-27-2009, 03:36 AM
See a physician immediately! One of(not the only one..but one of a few warning signs) the warning signs of possible cancer is a sore or wound that does not heal.

Not saying this to freak you out..but I'm being prudent.

Isn't that also a symptom of AIDS?

Mr Punch
04-27-2009, 03:37 AM
I would recommend acupuncture and moxibustion treatments coupled with dit da jow linaments. that would take away the bruise, ive experienced bruises similar to what was stated and those treatments help tremendously.Yeah, me too. I always like to start treatment before a diagnosis. :rolleyes:

LaterthanNever
04-27-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't know about HIV..but as for the Cancer..it's one of the 7 warning signs. See an M.D.

Acupuncture/Moxa,etc. is great..but make sure it's not the big C first ok?

David Jamieson
04-27-2009, 02:03 PM
I don't know about HIV..but as for the Cancer..it's one of the 7 warning signs. See an M.D.

Acupuncture/Moxa,etc. is great..but make sure it's not the big C first ok?

QFT.

Bruises that don't heal in the normal timeline which is usually between 10 and 20 days depending on how deep the damage is can be an indicator of cancer.

I also haven't heard that about HIV, but it would be worth a check up.

Oso
04-27-2009, 06:18 PM
is it a stagant bruise that won't dissipate or does it 'regrow' or change

if it fades and re-darkens from day to day or training event to training event then it could simply be an injury that has not healed enough and you keep tearing it.

try taking 3-5 days off and see what happens...depending on where the bruise is, you may have to limit your casual activities and/or your work activities so as to not re-injure the area.

but, as with all things that don't seem to fit the normal healing patterns: see a doctor, not a bunch of idiots on a kung fu forum

IronFist
04-27-2009, 10:06 PM
where is the bruise?

hiddenmantis
04-28-2009, 01:04 AM
the bruise is under my left eye starting at the bone under the eye which also has a small scar and going up to the eye. Also some bruising under the other eye. I think its possible a small fracture on the bone and a break deep in the base of the nose. It took two weeks for the swelling to go down and for me to stop spittin up blood and has been healing slowly since.

Also I got in a street fight by myself vs eight people last month and got a couple of smaller bruises on my forearms and the side of my face and skull all of which healed normally.

The dit da and acupuncture sound like good ideas as far as running off to the docter every time I get punched in the head... well lets just say I'm gonna save that untill I lose an eye or get my arm broke in three places.

You know, a real injury

David Jamieson
04-28-2009, 03:38 AM
is it a stagant bruise that won't dissipate or does it 'regrow' or change

if it fades and re-darkens from day to day or training event to training event then it could simply be an injury that has not healed enough and you keep tearing it.

try taking 3-5 days off and see what happens...depending on where the bruise is, you may have to limit your casual activities and/or your work activities so as to not re-injure the area.

but, as with all things that don't seem to fit the normal healing patterns: see a doctor, not a bunch of idiots on a kung fu forum

a bunch of idiots?

I don't think "see a dr" classifies anyone as an idiot man.

:p

Oso
04-28-2009, 04:47 AM
didn't say anyone in particular was an idiot...just all of us :D

except, maybe mr. hiddenmantis qualifies for several reasons...go see a doctor, dude...probably should have in the first 24 hours...getting 'hit in the head' is a bit less of something than taking two weeks for swelling to go down and free flowing blood:rolleyes:

taai gihk yahn
04-28-2009, 03:03 PM
maybe it's a sign that you are Russian royalty...

seriously - if it's a facial fx., go see an orto or maxillofacial guy

GreenCloudCLF
04-28-2009, 06:35 PM

Hey, I resemble that remark...:mad:

Oso
04-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Hey, I resemble that remark...:mad:

me too...so, get in line and wait yer turn

IronFist
04-29-2009, 12:09 AM
the bruise is under my left eye starting at the bone under the eye which also has a small scar and going up to the eye. Also some bruising under the other eye. I think its possible a small fracture on the bone and a break deep in the base of the nose. It took two weeks for the swelling to go down and for me to stop spittin up blood and has been healing slowly since.

Also I got in a street fight by myself vs eight people last month and got a couple of smaller bruises on my forearms and the side of my face and skull all of which healed normally.

The dit da and acupuncture sound like good ideas as far as running off to the docter every time I get punched in the head... well lets just say I'm gonna save that untill I lose an eye or get my arm broke in three places.

You know, a real injury

Sounds like there's a story attached to that. What happened?

sideslider
04-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Yeah, me too. I always like to start treatment before a diagnosis. :rolleyes:

ya and an acupuncturist would never do a diagnosis! :rolleyes:

KC Elbows
04-29-2009, 12:23 PM
If you have a break, it wouldn't be unheard of to have a bruise for a long time, especially if it's in an area that often gets messed with.

Mr Punch
04-29-2009, 05:54 PM
ya and an acupuncturist would never do a diagnosis! :rolleyes:I was talking about you diagnosing his problem over the internet.

But it's OK, it seems that hiddenmantis is daft as a brush, and there ain't no cure for that... :p

You know, a real injury He seems to think he's hard if he ignores non-recovering blunt trauma to the head, and that it's less dangerous or worthy of a doctor than breaking his arm. :rolleyes:

Oso
04-29-2009, 07:34 PM
:D @ Mr. P

GreenCloudCLF
04-30-2009, 07:50 AM
Sounds like there's a story attached to that. What happened?

He had an arm chopped off. But he rubbed Dit Da on it and had needles stuck in him, so he is OK now.

hiddenmantis
05-02-2009, 10:42 AM
A wise man will speak little and say much
A fool will speak constantly and say nothing

I feel this thread has moved off topic and will post a similar thread soon in the TCM section. Hopefully I can clarify a few things (like the difference between non recovering and recovering slowly).

Also I should add that soon after the injury I saw one of my teachers who is a professional in health care. After he got done laughing at me for letting myself get hit he told me what I should do. He said

"Next time ... block"

Mr Punch
05-02-2009, 03:31 PM
A wise man will speak little and say much
A fool will speak constantly and say nothingSome fools are pretty quiet too! ;)

I feel this thread has moved off topic...Welcome to KFM! :D

Also I should add that soon after the injury I saw one of my teachers who is a professional in health care. After he got done laughing at me for letting myself get hit he told me what I should do. He said

"Next time ... block"I take it he's Chinese? You see, 'Western' medicine is the same! I had a detrimental enzyme in my liver which is cause by physical damage to your body (like hard exercise or being punched). The quack asked my hobbies and I told
him, and asked him was there anything I could do to prevent this enzyme level rising: he said, 'Get better - don't get punched!'

Drake
05-02-2009, 03:38 PM
I'd qualify potential cancer as a real injury.

Seriously... a bruise that hasn't healed in MONTHS is a bit beyond the simple physical injury that you seemed determined to paint it as. Whilst you sit around making light of a bruise it could be a malignant tumor eating away at you without you knowing.

To assume that simple physical injury is the only qualifying reason to visit a doctor is naive... at best.

IronFist
05-02-2009, 06:15 PM
I had a detrimental enzyme in my liver which is cause by physical damage to your body (like hard exercise or being punched).

In for more info about this. What caused it? What is it called? How did you treat it?

Mr Punch
05-03-2009, 08:14 AM
GPT, or ALT...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alanine_transaminase

It's not a problem on its own I was told, and there's nothing that can be done about it, although gluten-free diet will lower it, it's a symptomatic treatment rather than a causal one. The ratios of GPT, GOT and ALP are apparently important, but I don't know anything about it really.

BoulderDawg
05-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Maybe it alien DNA or something showing up on the skin after he was taken into the mothership and probed!:p

No_Know
05-03-2009, 04:43 PM
hiddenmantis, a bruise from the bone under the eye-up that doesn't heal in four months.

Having multiple injuries divides the body resources I might think. Damage to bone takes more effort than damaged muscle I might think. This all might contribute to the lack of noticeable healing for this long.

To help the healing I might reccomend gently brushing over and around the area with fingertips--index and middle or eone finger such as your pinkey. There is two methods here--moving skin; polishing bone

Moving Skin: your touch leaves the skin inplace except for sometimes when the skin moves with the finger as by greater pressure or friction relating to moisture or evaporation one might suppose...You'll gently brush the skin under your or at your bruised eye.

Polishing Bone: pressing the skin and all between skin and bone rub or polic the affeted or suspected affected bone, what you can reach and slightly passed.

My thinking relates to the bodycleaning itself with blood flow. The outsides of a bruise are brushed-away. Massage the bruise (gently because this might be hard to take for some depending on how hard-ish) to break the bruise or dried blood under the skin or at skin levels. Broken bruises have greater surface areas~--An apple only browns where the meat meets the air. Split the apple and that exposed white will brown. Similarly, I am thinking spread the concentration thereby weakening the concentration of the bruise.

Spreading the bruise might allow your body's damage cleaners to clean faster or make the cleaning more apparant.

No_Know

No_Know
06-18-2009, 04:09 PM
How is your bruise? How are you?

No_Know