PDA

View Full Version : My portable dummy

Phil Redmond
04-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Sorry guys. I just had to post this. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-9jaKtW7oE

Phil Redmond
04-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Here's a still of the dummy taken in Detroit. That's Windsor Ontario Canada across the river.

Almost A Ghost
04-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Nice. What about it falling back though? I don't see any thing that's stopping you from toppling it over with a strong strike/kick/push.

Phil Redmond
04-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Nice. What about it falling back though? I don't see any thing that's stopping you from toppling it over with a strong strike/kick/push.
So far it hasn't. Plus since it's PVC with bolts screwed I don't hit it hard enough to crack it. It can take medium power strikes OK though without falling back.

Sihing73
04-27-2009, 06:21 PM
So far it hasn't. Plus since it's PVC with bolts screwed I don't hit it hard enough to crack it. It can take medium power strikes OK though without falling back.

Hi Phil,

I did'nt know they made dummies for munchkins :D And one you can carry around with your too, while traveling the yellow brick road.

Seriously, I like it!!! Maybe you could get me one to replace the one you ahem acquired from me at such a steal ;)

AdrianK
04-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Looks awesome, Sifu Redmond. I'd buy one :)

How does it respond to uprooting it? For example, pushing it up and back from the bottom of the arms, instead of just back.

Phil Redmond
04-28-2009, 05:07 AM
Hi Phil,

I did'nt know they made dummies for munchkins :D And one you can carry around with your too, while traveling the yellow brick road.

Seriously, I like it!!! Maybe you could get me one to replace the one you ahem acquired from me at such a steal ;)
You're too funny. I am enjoying that dummy though.... :p
The PVC dummy was made by a guy in Chatham Ontario, Canada. Forum member Curtis George made the stand. When I go to Detroit Wed I'll ask him about pricing. Curtis also makes a 'wooden' dummy for that stand.

Phil Redmond
04-28-2009, 05:10 AM
Looks awesome, Sifu Redmond. I'd buy one :)

How does it respond to uprooting it? For example, pushing it up and back from the bottom of the arms, instead of just back.
I tried uprooting and it held up well. It's PVC so I can't beat it too much but the guy who made that stand also makes heavier wooden dummies for that stand which can take more of a beating.

Sihing73
04-28-2009, 05:32 AM
[QUOTE=Phil Redmond;931744]You're too funny. I am enjoying that dummy though.... :p QUOTE]

Phil,

You should be ashamed of yourself, you know you took advantage of my in a moment of weakness ;) If you are not careful I will send my Ninjas to retrieve what was formally mine. They will be led by someone you know well......Joe G :D

On the other hand I am glad you finally found a playmate that can't\won't run away from you. ;)

Oh, in the picture the dummy looks to be a little shorter than you.........I didn't know they came that small, what is it like 2 1/2 feet tall :p

Phil Redmond
04-28-2009, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=Phil Redmond;931744]You're too funny. I am enjoying that dummy though.... :p QUOTE]

Phil,

You should be ashamed of yourself, you know you took advantage of my in a moment of weakness ;) If you are not careful I will send my Ninjas to retrieve what was formally mine. They will be led by someone you know well......Joe G :D

On the other hand I am glad you finally found a playmate that can't\won't run away from you. ;)

Oh, in the picture the dummy looks to be a little shorter than you.........I didn't know they came that small, what is it like 2 1/2 feet tall :p
What I want to say I can't say here . . . . lol

Phil Redmond
06-02-2009, 05:42 PM
The dummy on the first stand I uploaded is made of PVC tubing. The guy who made the stand makes half wooden dummies so they're lighter. Plus he can get two dummies from one trunk.