PDA

View Full Version : my horse stance

danny from miami
04-25-2001, 03:55 AM
im up to four minutes in a horse stance..hows that? its a good horse stance with my back straight and toes pointing forward

Robinf
04-25-2001, 03:26 PM
Pretty good. Keep working on it.

Robin

Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

Kiasyd
04-25-2001, 03:45 PM
Hi! Don't forget to keep your thighs paralel to the ground.

I Can't barely stand for 1 min. :(

-- Kiasyd

bamboo_ leaf
04-25-2001, 05:48 PM
I would say that this incorrect practice for beginning students. Many seem to view the horse stance as some type of leg strengthen or endurance/mind testing device. It has been used as such but there is much more to training the horse then just seeing how long or how low can you go.
If this were the case it would be essayer to just do some squats with weights.

Try this:

1. open your horse
2. have some one push you front back and sides
3. if you are easily moved or fall over your stance is incorrect no matter how low it is
4. try standing /sitting at a higher stance
5. insure that your shoulders, hips, and insoles of feet are lined up/ some one looking at the side of you should be able to see all these points in alignment. A line drawn from top to bottom should intersect these points.
6. the hip should be slightly tucked in
7. the knees should not pass the toes

after fixing your alignment have some one test it again. Fix the alignment first. Then you can gradually let your stance settle and sink to the classic thighs parallel to the floor ect.

The horse usually the fist stance a person learns, many things are happening with this stance, you will find this as your training grows.

enjoy life

bamboo leaf

danny from miami
04-25-2001, 09:28 PM
yea dont worry thats what ive been doing