PDA

View Full Version : Six harmony praying mantis

xingyiman
02-25-2001, 05:45 PM
Can anyone discuss the special characteristics of the Six Harmony Praying Mantis style(Liu He Tang Lang), specifically the Liu He part of it? I know that Hsing-I Chuan(Xingyiquan) also trains the six harmonies, like the hands and feet should move and arrive together, the elbows and knees should move together, and the shoulders and hips should move together. Is the Liu He in Xingyi similar to the Liu He in Six Harmony Praying Mantis? Does anyone know of any websites on Six Harmony/Combinations Praying Mantis Kung Fu?? Thanks!

baji-fist
02-25-2001, 11:31 PM
I am not too familiar with the six harmony style of mantis. It is a good style which emphasize on sticking onto your opponent. It does not resemble the other styles of Mantis. You can check out http://www.bajimen.com for more info on the 6 harmony mantis style.

You must eat bitter before you can taste sweet.

RAF
02-27-2001, 06:50 PM
I have had a little experience in the liuhe tanglangquan but no direct forms. I learned some single moving postures, along with a form called qi qing zhao yao (the best of? my pin yin is not accurate). A 7 star master (or was it a 6 harmony master?) blended the forms.

I have heard the six harmony short punch is used as training in the six harmony mantis. However, six harmony mantis training requires some auxiliary training to condition the forearms and the upper part of the fist (where the thumb and index finger close). I have seen one of the forms played in Taiwan and it has its uniqueness