PDA

View Full Version : How is Internal kicking different from kickboxing?

diego
05-12-2009, 02:03 AM
I'm working on my footwork drills looking for research material to help me train smarter in my style, I figure look at all of the systems around yours to see if you have any weaknesses...

http://video.google.ca/videosearch?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=pvn&q=how%20to%20heel%20kick%20in%20kickboxing&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

I was going to post all the kick vid's american and thai boxers use, but really when you do kick combo's most kicks look the same...it's not too much stylistic variation.
http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-do-a-ninjutus-two-hand-sweep-and-kick-114829/

how does your style differ from Kick Boxing Western and Muay Thai?.

mawali
05-12-2009, 12:55 PM
No such animal as internal kicking or internal hitting!

If you perform 200 repetitions or do muay thai, then you are on your way to developing an excellent kicking regimen along with your favourite reportoire of kicks. If you follow atemi basics, you stay away from hitting bony areas, or hit with palm to central areas of the body to defeat an opponent, and of course a throw or immobilization to disorient said opponent.

diego
05-13-2009, 03:28 PM
No such animal as internal kicking or internal hitting!

If you perform 200 repetitions or do muay thai, then you are on your way to developing an excellent kicking regimen along with your favourite reportoire of kicks. If you follow atemi basics, you stay away from hitting bony areas, or hit with palm to central areas of the body to defeat an opponent, and of course a throw or immobilization to disorient said opponent.

So internal is body work...hitting is hitting?:)

bawang
05-15-2009, 05:00 AM
stance in horse stance except now on one foot do it for 3years
dig a hole put a wood post inside and kick it for 3 years
hang a little cotton ball and kick it
hand a sandbag then kick it
then u get internal kicking power

Three Harmonies
05-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Or join a kickboxing gym and learn to kick powerfully in a few months at most!

diego
05-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Or join a kickboxing gym and learn to kick powerfully in a few months at most!

what are you supposed to do with your time after that?.

Three Harmonies
05-17-2009, 10:28 AM
:confused::confused: Train. What else?

bawang
05-17-2009, 11:19 AM
kicking a soft fabric bag and some pads for few months doesnt makes you powerful

Violent Designs
05-17-2009, 11:24 PM
kicking a soft fabric bag and some pads for few months doesnt makes you powerful

well actually kicking the bag thousands of times a day helps. :)

Three Harmonies
05-18-2009, 10:17 AM
But kicking a cotton ball does?????????????

diego
05-18-2009, 10:35 AM
:confused::confused: Train. What else?

Harness da tree roots and bring the horse some water...duh

Martial Arts Techniques: Traditional kung fu training tips to improve your horse stance

In kung fu, like most other martial arts styles, the horse stance is the foundation of all your movements. Therefore, the development of a good horse stance is critical in the study of the martial arts.

A good way to visualise the theory of horse stance training is to imagine the construction of a house or building. Buildings require strong foundations so that they can stand their own weight and the tension of varying force.

Another example is that of a tree...

bawang
05-18-2009, 11:08 AM
But kicking a cotton ball does?????????????

for improving kicking acuracy
its traditional taijiquan training tie sao tui

Ma Long
05-18-2009, 02:44 PM
The best way to learn how to kick is:

1) Figure out what is the most powerful way to kick
2) Go practice on something
3) Practice on someone who is trying to hurt you

You could do only 1, only 2, or only 3, all are incomplete.

Three Harmonies
05-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Wow! Some interesting ideas guys! Good luck with your training.
Jake

diego
05-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Wow! Some interesting ideas guys! Good luck with your training.
Jake

lol, I was being funny...Horse stance is great but one really needs to try to leg press 1000 pounds and Squat:)

So, tai chi ba gua hsing yi have no fancy footwork for kicking?

Violent Designs
05-19-2009, 09:33 AM
The best way to learn how to kick is:

1) Figure out what is the most powerful way to kick
2) Go practice on something
3) Practice on someone who is trying to hurt you

You could do only 1, only 2, or only 3, all are incomplete.

Stomp kick, thai roundhouse, and side kick are the most powerful I think.

Inside crescent is not bad too you see a lot of Kyokushin fighters get the knockout from those.

Also you have spinning axe/heel kicks and the nasty risky stuff like that. :D

Lucas
05-19-2009, 11:25 AM
dont forget the back kick. that thing breaks bones.

sanjuro_ronin
05-19-2009, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=Violent Designs;935448

Inside crescent is not bad too you see a lot of Kyokushin fighters get the knockout from those.

Also you have spinning axe/heel kicks and the nasty risky stuff like that. :D[/QUOTE]

I think you mean spinning crescent kicks, I have never seen a fighter, kyokushin or otherwise, get KO'd by a Inside Crescent Kick.

Ma Long
05-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Stomp kick, thai roundhouse, and side kick are the most powerful I think.

Also you have spinning axe/heel kicks and the nasty risky stuff like that. :D

Those are simply names of kicks, which is not figuring out "how to kick". A name of a kick means nothing, naming it does not give it power. Without structure and root, kicking can be even weaker than punching. I know many side kicks that have felt like slaps. A punch is simpler, very powerful and far less vulnerable, better stick to punching unless we figure out number 1.

Violent Designs
05-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Those are simply names of kicks, which is not figuring out "how to kick". A name of a kick means nothing, naming it does not give it power. Without structure and root, kicking can be even weaker than punching. I know many side kicks that have felt like slaps. A punch is simpler, very powerful and far less vulnerable, better stick to punching unless we figure out number 1.

OK, I have felt weak punches too. What is your point?

We are not talking about the technical side of a "side kick" or "crescent kick." I am just naming some of the more powerful kicks that exist in martial arts.

A thai roundhouse, is more powerful than a snapping/chambered roundhouse. This is a fact.

A sidekick is more powerful than a push kick. This is a fact.

Individual power/ability/speed/whatever will vary, of course. Mike Tyson can punch harder than most martial artists can kick.

What does that prove?

mawali
05-23-2009, 07:22 AM
A thai roundhouse, is more powerful than a snapping/chambered roundhouse. This is a fact.

A sidekick is more powerful than a push kick. This is a fact.

Individual power/ability/speed/whatever will vary

Great point! A sidekick is more powerfpul but few can deliver, and when they do the receiver of the kick is not properly physically conditioned so he succumbs to the devastating effects of the sidekick. Cung Le deliver a great sidekick but he usually sidesteps to grab the leg of the kicker and kicks out the leg of the opponent (a la shuaijiao).

Strong kickers in MMA rarely do as well as the BJJ guys (many are good kickers from their former sport) but functionally as long as the kick is trained and crosstrained in a strong(er) art, then that is a good combination.
I am not saying kicking is useless but it is part of a strong arsenal within total body conditioning.