PDA

View Full Version : Boring ?

tanglangman
03-07-2001, 07:27 PM
Has anyone else noticed how boring this forum has become in the last couple of weeks? Everyone seems to post on the Kung Fu Forum. Does no one have anything interesting to discuss about mantis????

BeiTangLang
03-07-2001, 08:03 PM
"Whup" out a topic & lets discuss it!!
Good mantis topics are what we come here for!!

"It's all the same; Only the names have changed........."

jediman
03-07-2001, 09:24 PM
I think we're all guilty of a severe lack of anything to discuss. How about a weapons question, history question, or a discussion of real life application of your style with no nhb crap? That would be nice. It just seems like very few posters frequent this forum. I'm all for
an upgrade in thread quality. Or even thread attendance.

tanglangman
03-08-2001, 07:27 PM
What is your favourite aspect of mantis training? What got you hooked? There you go. not very original and extremly corny pun but hey I tried....Does anyone know the 9/13 section staff form?

[This message was edited by tanglangman on 03-09-01 at 09:33 AM.]

jediman
03-08-2001, 09:13 PM
My favorite part of mantis training? That's a very open question.

I suppose that weapons training in general is what really "hooked me." The variet in Wah Lum is just astounding, especially with the knowledge that Master Chan has passed to his students. We do a really cool plun flower broadsword set. I also have an affinity for the 9 ring long handle. One of my sihings is just devastating with this weapon.

Physically, the leg strength the applications require has really improved my entire well being. Our stances are quite a task for the beginners, but have so much of an emphasis with our kicks that you can't help but respect the **** things