PDA

View Full Version : Any new research for Hendrik?

Tensei85
05-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Hey,

Hendrik I know its been awhile since I've heard you discuss your theories on the Emei 12 Zhuang and the Fujian White Crane (SLT origins). But have you found any new research into the subject or are your theories based on the examination already completed? Also any more help or info on this subject is appreciated, regardless of my personal feeling or theories I like to keep an open mind in all matters. : )~

Thanks,

Hendrik
05-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Hey,

Hendrik I know its been awhile since I've heard you discuss your theories on the Emei 12 Zhuang and the Fujian White Crane (SLT origins). But have you found any new research into the subject or are your theories based on the examination already completed? Also any more help or info on this subject is appreciated, regardless of my personal feeling or theories I like to keep an open mind in all matters. : )~

Thanks,

Sure,

since we have identify the father and mother of SLT or the emei 12 Zhuang and the Fujian White Crane (SLT origins) and confirm the WCK Red boat ancestors' description,

history and theory is no longer my focus because we know what it is. What my interest is how much the knowledge from the parents could benifit the practitioners of the SLT/SNT.

For past decade or so, we have using the knowledge to decode and applied into the SLT training, and that yield very good result on improving one's SLT almost by 10X in a very short period of time.

as I keep mention before, it is not the History the Theory the romance of the Rebels ..... it is how could the knowledge benifit the SLT/SNT training in Real life for every SLT/SNT practitioners interest me.

In a nutshell, we got the direction target lock decades ago as the first phase, and then as the second phase, dig into the details and we do see good supportive result so far.

Nope no changing history or his-story, Emei and Crane remain the same; and the progress is in the direction of getting more clarity of the details consistancely.

When these details release to the general public, WCners from the Gm Ip Man, YKS, Koo Lo, and Cho family will be able to use them without needs of changing thier SLT/SNT.

Pacman
05-16-2009, 01:06 PM
hendrik why are you so interested in WCK history if you are a kyokushin student?

Hendrik
05-16-2009, 01:17 PM
hendrik why are you so interested in WCK history if you are a kyokushin student?

Because I am both for past almost 40 years.
and the advantages of being both WCner and Kyokushin give me a good reality check.

Sure, I am a Taiji, a Yee Chuan..... also

Violent Designs
05-16-2009, 02:25 PM

This is not defense of Hendrik or supporting him, but honestly, it's a ****ing good idea to cross-train, especially in a full contact style.

Hendrik
05-16-2009, 08:40 PM
This is not defense of Hendrik or supporting him, but honestly, it's a ****ing good idea to cross-train, especially in a full contact style.

When some is fantasying Rooting in YJKYM,

I know it doesnt work because these people never experience with the Kyokushin or MT's chain/continous low sweep (low round horse kick) in real time.

and that is in the 70's.

Pacman
05-16-2009, 10:12 PM
in my wing chun there is a similar move called white crane

aside from me, continuous low sweeps are not only in MT and kyokushin

interesting the steps you took, considering karate and MT are in direct opposition to WC principles

Violent Designs
05-16-2009, 11:22 PM
When some is fantasying Rooting in YJKYM,

I know it doesnt work because these people never experience with the Kyokushin or MT's chain/continous low sweep (low round horse kick) in real time.

and that is in the 70's.

I understand what you are infer to, I study Muay Thai actually.

Pacman - these are not really pure "sweeps" but a mix between a sweep/low kick. What makes them so devastating, is the Muay Thai/Kyokushinkai way is to drill, drill, kick, kick, and kick some more stuffs.

When it comes at you, it is like iron broom gung. Except for real.

Funny thing, in CMA we have Tie Sao Gung (iron broom), but how many use it for real everytime they are fighting, sparring? Not too many that is the problem. Whereas the Thai boxer or Kyokushin fighter is kicking the hard bottom edge of banana bag, every single sessions, hundreds of times, then hundred/thousand more times against other peoples legs and shin.

Hendrik
05-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Pacman - these are not really pure "sweeps" but a mix between a sweep/low kick. What makes them so devastating, is the Muay Thai/Kyokushinkai way is to drill, drill, kick, kick, and kick some more stuffs.

Yes, indeed. They are different stuffs.

Funny thing, in CMA we have Tie Sao Gung (iron broom), but how many use it for real everytime they are fighting, sparring?

My view is because most dont know how to train it and make it works.

Similar to such thing as Rooting. Most in general think/speculate one thing but the reality is another thing.

Also, apply to SLT/SNT, Most general think/speculate something from Internal art, Zen, Chan... Time Space Energy, JIng, meditation......rooting... Qigong.. breathing, hunch back, tilt in the pevis....elbow on the center line..... all sort of nice ideas but not more then ideas.

and knowing not what it is and how to make it works. Or even have seen a real practice.

it is like keep watching this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaXOttV2VJ0&feature=related

and come up with 100000 intepretation on what is a coca cola
But have never hold and drink a bottle of coca cola.

So the mission of the research of SLT is simple, where can one find the "coke", Why is it not a "pepsi", and what is it and how is it taste like.

See, all those Shao lin, hung gar.....etc is similar to tea or coffee or seven up.... and nope it is not Coca cola.

So how is the Jing/Keng or Li in SLT/SNT practice?

Jing/Keng

all the extensive discussion on Jing/Keng and Li.....etc. Well, we know most have no clue of what is Jing even one will keep argue to their death.

So, what is Jing? What is Li?
IMHO.
JIng is the flow of force vector, and the distinct different of Jing and Li is : Jing is activate with loosing and Li is produce via tensing in general.
simple like actually drinking a can of cold coke right? what is so complicated and deep and fuzzy?

So, does the ancient TCMA internal art exist? yes, certainly, and it is not contradict to Kyokushin or MT. Could the ancient TCMA internal artist beat the Kyokushin or MT or MMA ? yes, if one have a deep kung fu one what they are doing.

See, it is the style/ method of training and how much kung fu one has cultivated.

Is there a Rooting in Kyokushin or MT's low round horse kick? Yes, definately. They have it even though they dont call it Rooting. Is this kind of rooting different then in WCK? nope, there are only a few different ways human generate power and direct force vector flow.

See, research is not about qouting the past his-story, romancing anti-qing, romancing Shao Lin...... research For me is knowing what the heck is going on and if I need to activate the weapon in my hand I have to know what it is, what is the effect/result, and how to in detail.
Certainly, not trying to fly a helicopter thinking it is a honda civic.

Pacman
05-17-2009, 12:32 PM
ill make a concise answer here

some examples of the conflict are:

1.WC in a fight requires absolute relaxation
2. WC fighting philosophy is about continuous motion and strikes

a. Karate does not stress absolute relaxation
b. Karate fighting philosophy is about the power strike. Waiting for the perfect strike to defeat your opponent with one hit. Karate is very linear and does not stress continuous motion (think about Katas. you punch and you hold our your fist and pose. this is not fluid or continuous)

Tensei85
05-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Hendrik,

In light if your massive background in CMA if you don't mind the question. What led you to learn Kyokushinkai and Muay Thai? I'm just wondering what was the logic flow behind that decision?
Personally I have trained for a few years Muay Thai, BJJ, Karate etc... but for me it was to understand the logic behind different areas of fighting.
any insight is again appreciated.

Hendrik
05-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Hendrik,

In light if your massive background in CMA if you don't mind the question.

What led you to learn Kyokushinkai and Muay Thai? I'm just wondering what was the logic flow behind that decision?

Personally I have trained for a few years Muay Thai, BJJ, Karate etc... but for me it was to understand the logic behind different areas of fighting.
any insight is again appreciated.

No big deal,

To be real honest, there is no logic why I am doing it in a logical sense.

The incident was I was 11 year old, at that time, early 1970's, Mas Oyama is famous, Bruce Lee is famous, and MT is unbeatable. So, as a kid in SEA who was well todo enough to learn from various masters dreaming to be the best of the best; my journey started.

And ofcorse, I aslo study Shao Lin, Taiji... Yichuan... White Crane ....

As for why I got into the internal and massive CMA stuffs because face it.

1, lots of the general CMA doesnt work under hard core sparing. I want to know why.

2, There are indication/signitures via watching and studying with the older CMA practioners that something is missing which needs to iron out.
and the thing is powerful. but process need to be know and clarify in order to be able to handle it. I am just full of curiosity want to know why and what and how....

3, I was born with a weak physical body, that alone set the limitation if I dont have something to transform my mind and body.

4, I later got trap by the SLT kuen Kuit that lead me into deep Buddhism , Daoism, Qigong ..... because I want to know or gasp or lite taste what is the ultimate. note: knowing is not understanding. IE in Zen, Knowing is actually being "there."

5, i am a unsatisfied customer of TCMA so I want to find out what the heck happen.

My goal is to get the art to alive within me, or to be one with the art. As Bruce Lee said, Martial art is just an honest expression of oneself.

No logic, nothing plan just a journey as any one of us. everyone has thier story.

Hendrik
05-17-2009, 01:44 PM
ill make a concise answer here

some examples of the conflict are:

1.WC in a fight requires absolute relaxation
2. WC fighting philosophy is about continuous motion and strikes

a. Karate does not stress absolute relaxation
b. Karate fighting philosophy is about the power strike. Waiting for the perfect strike to defeat your opponent with one hit. Karate is very linear and does not stress continuous motion (think about Katas. you punch and you hold our your fist and pose. this is not fluid or continuous)

In Zen it is said the sage in the west and east both similarly use the nose to breath.

Hendrik
05-17-2009, 02:23 PM
This is a song for those who love TCMA ...

in madarin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Von21YBRuCw&feature=related

让绝对无敌的传说
能永远不会被打破
必须要战斗 my way
if i'm ever gonna get back....

in English

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5r0dhTAS9s&feature=related

one who want to get back needs to face the reality and beat it.

Calling oneself authenting is useless, living the legend of the past is wasting life,...

can one live in a clear, fresh, energetic , free, and silent way?

Pacman
05-17-2009, 03:14 PM
but you see there are many stuffs in pink running who faint pens. similarly mushroom devours hot.

in conclusion, colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Violent Designs
05-17-2009, 06:55 PM
but you see there are many stuffs in pink running who faint pens. similarly mushroom devours hot.

What ?

Hendrik
05-17-2009, 10:40 PM

hahaha, sure everyone has their view.

another Chinese song I like on these view matter.

http://media.webstv.net/m/777000

Violent Designs
05-17-2009, 11:01 PM
This is a good song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGvi_VEEyxY&feature=PlayList&p=3993CB30E3B4E8DC&index=1

Yoshiyahu
05-18-2009, 11:19 AM
What ?

You said what? but Hendrik understood it. Its because Pacman is talking on a Autistic level of understanding. You can not understand it because your mind is not wired that way. Only special people can understand Austic speech. But there books which show you how to speak to Austic people but in reality you really don't understand them. I bet you Pacman didn't understand what the heck he wrote either...But Hendrik understood it fine.

Originally Posted by Pacman

Now let me speak Austistically the Hendrik...

Hendrik do you agree the flow of white crane is like river forever moving with no stop. no ceasing. forever rushing like wind on you face. Some say the root is a hard mountain. but one must learn to root and move to flow with out stagnation to be like wind. forever flowing like feather being carried by a strong wind. The feather no resist it goes where the wind blows it. the feather doesn't root or try to stop the wind it just flows like an endless river flows across riverbed. hendrik do you agree this is how ones wc should be. what flow stuff. but the ability to yield and loose oneself in the moment. be led by your foe an you will know him. if you tell you how to do it then you will not know. if i show you how to flow then you will begin to know. is this the flow hendrik you speak of. the directional vectors or another story. but for now lets deal with the flow.

Hendrik
05-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Now let me speak Austistically the Hendrik...

Hendrik do you agree the flow of white crane is like river forever moving with no stop.

no ceasing. forever rushing like wind on you face. Some say the root is a hard mountain.

but one must learn to root and move to flow with out stagnation to be like wind.

forever flowing like feather being carried by a strong wind. The feather no resist it goes where the wind blows it. the feather doesn't root or try to stop the wind it just flows like an endless river flows across riverbed.

hendrik do you agree this is how ones wc should be. what flow stuff. but the ability to yield and loose oneself in the moment. be led by your foe an you will know him. if you tell you how to do it then you will not know. if i show you how to flow then you will begin to know. is this the flow hendrik you speak of. the directional vectors or another story. but for now lets deal with the flow.

I speak Zen because I am a Zen follower.

You see, if one can do it, then one dont need to ask me.

If one cant do it or not at the level; no matter what or who says, it simply doesnt matter.

this is because even if Miss Wing Chun shows it in front of one eyes, one will not recognized it.

and so does your description above describe Jennifer in the following clip?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q14VI45EdUo

Yoshiyahu
05-18-2009, 06:12 PM
:)Hendrik You have understood because you already know...you know because you have experience it. what is experience stuff. it is nature. even in nature we have rock water and wind. Rock is strong an can break bones. But water can wear away rock and carry heavy rocks far away. Wind can also erode rocks and wear it away. But wind can also carry water far away even into the heavens. Wind can carry water across nations an rain down upon them in thunder and lighting and hurricans and toranados. Wind can carry rocks and water with in an use it as powerful force that can destroy even steel. So my friend be Wind. But also take note to harness the power of water flow like a river. But also take note of hardness of rocks. An add to wind water and stone. An become a cyclone force that can crush, smash, drown and uplift the greatest force.

You are right even if Jennifer says those not on that level no comprende. You must open your mind with out trying. relax with out relaxing, let your mind flow freely with out controlling or guiding ones thoughts. Now adapt this one chi sau. allow the feeling to be like wind. go where ever the wind carries you. the force you feel is the wind. It carries you across the air like a speck of dust floating through the air. It lands when there is no force an floats away when force is propelled towards it. Be like a speck of dust hendrik when thou embarks on Sil Lim Tao. Practice form as if you are fighting and fight as if you are doing a form.

This rambling what is this stuff. what is Zen. Let your will go and become nothing become with out desire or will. Become like a speck an allow your will and desire to flow with energy that is unleashed on you. Deep with in search for an empty space. For the empty space is where action is. Then occupy the empty space an strike deep with in the conceptual meridan. Strike with out striking but use your opponents force. Let him strike himself with your fist. What is lightness what is it root. But Gravity. Gravity also effects a strong foundation that cyclones force to the earth. The weak overcomes the strong, The moving overcomes the still, the light in movement overcomes the heavy in steps.

When you attack be forceful like a Roaring Typhon. Like a Sunami. Strike hard like a Rushing a River and Hurricane. Strike continously like water rushing all around and wind filling up space. When your opponent attacks be like a speck of dust. Understand the dust. For it is smaller than you. It is weaker than you. It can not inflict pain upon you because its not like wind or water but because it is lighter than wind you can not hurt it. Punch a speck of dust. Try to slice it in half with a broadsword. You can not punch the dust an hurt it. your kicks can not hurt the dust. No matter how much chi you have you can not kill the dust. You can not break or cut the dust with your knife or kali stick. The dust can endure any attack. when you strike it is not there it dissipaites your force. It neutralizes your energy. Like White Lotus it floats away. So Offense is like Water and Wind. Defense is like a speck of dust! You can not hurt the dust. If you become a speck of dust no one can hurt you!

Learn to be these three with out trying. second nature. Do with out doing. Think with out thinking. Then you will be unbeatable.

Make your Way simple. For that which is easily understood is superior to complicated. Two fight. One with complex art the other with a simple art. The complex art has many avenues that it must take before reaching its destination where as the simple fighter has few options thus he strikes down the center an ends conflicts quickly. The simple defeats the complex. The simple is faster and complex takes longer...What is this stuff? Use softness to over come hardess. Use speed to overcome strenght. The small defeats the big. the weaker defeats the stronger. The Simple strike internally. While the complex must take an external route. The simple is linear while the complex is a series of ellipitcal spirals that take many paths before reaching its goal. Strive to be wind my friend! Also be like Water!

I speak Zen because I am a Zen follower.

You see, if one can do it, then one dont need to ask me.

If one cant do it or not at the level; no matter what or who says, it simply doesnt matter.

this is because even if Miss Wing Chun shows it in front of one eyes, one will not recognized it.

and so does your description above describe Jennifer in the following clip?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q14VI45EdUo

Violent Designs
05-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Yoshiyahu, it is no secret that I have disagreed and even ****ed at Hendrik before many times.

But seriously you are trying too **** hard. And it is pathetic. Or should I say you are pathetic?

If you want to insult people, don't beat around the bush, I hate people like that.

You wanna say something rude and nasty to Hendrik, just ****ing say it already.

Yoshiyahu
05-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Its not an insult persay. Its an understanding. I have to speak in words he understand to invoke simpler terms. I understand Hendriks language. But I am use to talking in the common vernacular. I am tired of fighting Hendrik obscure speech. So I will speak to him on his level. I will also decipher his ramblings for others to understand since he chooses to place everything in parable form. But as for insult I just plead with hendrik to write in the common vernacular. He is most resistance an I find it futile to take any other discourse but straight down the middle...

Sorry violent designs to offend you!

Yoshiyahu, it is no secret that I have disagreed and even ****ed at Hendrik before many times.

But seriously you are trying too **** hard. And it is pathetic. Or should I say you are pathetic?

If you want to insult people, don't beat around the bush, I hate people like that.

You wanna say something rude and nasty to Hendrik, just ****ing say it already.

Violent Designs
05-18-2009, 08:11 PM
I have nothing against you. Actually I will take a break from this WC board, it is your discussions after all, since I am not even a WC player.

Hendrik
05-18-2009, 08:29 PM
I understand Hendriks language. But I am use to talking in the common vernacular. I am tired of fighting Hendrik obscure speech. So I will speak to him on his level..................!

Seriously, My post is not what you think.

an example is when I mention Kyokushin/MT chain low sweep/round horse kicks. some right away link it to the Bak Hok Come Wu or the White Crane...... They think they know but they totally off target.

This example is to show how one doesnt have discrimination or AWARENESS on their thought and on what is reality and what is what they think. The mind just goes automatic without any AWARENESS.

Why do I post in the Zen way? because I purposely dont want people doing "Blind link" or Run in automatic as above. I intended to make them cant think so that their AWareness is activate; so they can look into what is going on.

However, some is drown into their automatic mind so much that instead of their Awareness got turn on, the automatic mind kicks into Blaming others/defensive/argueing mode. and create a whole bunch of energy wasting egoistic action.

As in the above case, it is a kiss of death if one takes the Kyokushin low kicks as Bak Hock and not aware of it.

When I was young and living in SEA, some CMA people always make that type of mistake and over look / take it lightly until they are within the match/competition got hit by the kicks without a clue; because it is totally out of their expectation.
and the next thing they got into is the trauma state which cause thier whole life to afraid of the look sweep like seeing a ghost.

To be a serious advance Martial artist, in my experience, means to have a full awareness of one's action and aware of the details and clarity of the surrounding. Every details of the action count.

With the mind run in automatic similar to the above, and all those "I know it too" that shown how much cultivation one really have in thier awareness. Sure there is lots of Tounge Fu but is that kung fu?

May be somedays you will know what I mean, May be you never will.

So here I choose a song to present what I mean in plain english.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dipFMJckZOM

Pacman
05-18-2009, 08:49 PM

an example is when I mean Kyokushin/MT chain low sweep/round horse kicks. some right away link it to the Bak Hok Come Wu or the White Crane...... . That just shown how one doesnt have discrimination on their thought on what is reality and what is what they think.

i know there are differences, but the purpose of the kicks are the same

Hendrik
05-18-2009, 09:14 PM
i know there are differences, but the purpose of the kicks are the same

have you take a few of Bak Hock and a few of MT or Kyokushin?

if yes what is the differences?

and

What do you mean the purpose of the kicks are the same?

Violent Designs
05-19-2009, 03:15 AM
I have heard:

"Preoccupied with a single leaf, you'll miss the entire tree. Preoccupied with a single tree, you'll miss the entire forest."

Yoshiyahu
05-19-2009, 09:23 AM
I have nothing against you. Actually I will take a break from this WC board, it is your discussions after all, since I am not even a WC player.

I AM SORRY WHAT SORTA OF PLAYER ARE YOU... But anyway. do you know anything about Wing Chun. Are you curious about the art?

an example is when I mention Kyokushin/MT chain low sweep/round horse kicks. some right away link it to the Bak Hok Come Wu or the White Crane...... They think they know but they totally off target.

This example is to show how one doesnt have discrimination or AWARENESS on their thought and on what is reality and what is what they think. The mind just goes automatic without any AWARENESS.

Why do I post in the Zen way? because I purposely dont want people doing "Blind link" or Run in automatic as above. I intended to make them cant think so that their AWareness is activate; so they can look into what is going on.

However, some is drown into their automatic mind so much that instead of their Awareness got turn on, the automatic mind kicks into Blaming others/defensive/argueing mode. and create a whole bunch of energy wasting egoistic action.

As in the above case, it is a kiss of death if one takes the Kyokushin low kicks as Bak Hock and not aware of it.

When I was young and living in SEA, some CMA people always make that type of mistake and over look / take it lightly until they are within the match/competition got hit by the kicks without a clue; because it is totally out of their expectation.
and the next thing they got into is the trauma state which cause thier whole life to afraid of the look sweep like seeing a ghost.

To be a serious advance Martial artist, in my experience, means to have a full awareness of one's action and aware of the details and clarity of the surrounding. Every details of the action count.

With the mind run in automatic similar to the above, and all those "I know it too" that shown how much cultivation one really have in thier awareness. Sure there is lots of Tounge Fu but is that kung fu?

May be somedays you will know what I mean, May be you never will.

So here I choose a song to present what I mean in plain english.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dipFMJckZOM

Okay my friend. One must be able to empty his cup in order to not use automatic mind. Before awareness comes one has to disconnect preconceived ideas. Are is it our experiences that allow our awareness to be keen? What is it?

but the key to be ready for those sorta of kicks is to spar with those guys. An then you can be ready for it.

m1k3
05-19-2009, 09:43 AM
I AM SORRY WHAT SORTA OF PLAYER ARE YOU... But anyway. do you know anything about Wing Chun. Are you curious about the art?

Okay my friend. One must be able to empty his cup in order to not use automatic mind.

For this crap, 0ne hundred blows! The grass grows without Hedricks help, why not you?

Yoshiyahu
05-19-2009, 11:16 AM
For this crap, 0ne hundred blows! The grass grows without Hedricks help, why not you?

What do you mean the grass grows with out hendrik help...you dont approve of my post?

Please explain?

Violent Designs:
I have heard:

"Preoccupied with a single leaf, you'll miss the entire tree. Preoccupied with a single tree, you'll miss the entire forest."

Who was this directed too?

m1k3
05-19-2009, 11:24 AM
What do you mean the grass grows with out hendrik help...you dont approve of my post?

Please explain?

It means if your looking for a straight answer from Hendrick, you won't get one. It's a Zen thing. You must never answer too clearly.

I think it makes them feel special.

My whole meditation plan is simply to count breaths when I feel the need.

None of it really matters as we all end up being worm food at some time or another.

Yoshiyahu
05-19-2009, 11:29 AM
It means if your looking for a straight answer from Hendrick, you won't get one. It's a Zen thing. You must never answer too clearly.

I think it makes them feel special.

My whole meditation plan is simply to count breaths when I feel the need.

None of it really matters as we all end up being worm food at some time or another.

Well said M1k? so I will speak unclearly to Hendrik an give me a taste of his Zen...ha ha!

anerlich
05-19-2009, 03:35 PM
so I will speak unclearly

I doubt anyone will notice a difference.

Yoshiyahu
05-19-2009, 07:09 PM
I doubt anyone will notice a difference.

Where you talking to Hendrik???

t_niehoff
05-20-2009, 07:05 AM
While I have some serious disagreements of views with Hendrik, I'd like to point a few things out that some "newbies" may not know.

First, english is not Hendrik's first or even second language. It's useful to keep that in mind.

Second, Hedrik is a genuine Ch'an practitioner (having been a long-time disciple of an accredited and well-known Ch'an master). He's not someone who picked up his "understanding" of Ch'an (zen) by doing a bit of reading or by listening to any self-proclaimed Shaloin Ch'an "teachers". Hendrik is the real deal.

Third, Hendrik has done significant (over 20 years) research into WCK history. While I don't necessarily agree with all his views and conclusions, again, he's not making up stories or lineages and calling it history (like some).

Fourth, Hendrik is a genuine, documented (in writing) successor to Yik Kam's WCK.

Fifth, Hendrik has learned from and trained with genuine qi gong masters. I say genuine since, like Ch'an, there are many, many people who really have no qualifications other than doing a bit of reading or learning from so-called experts with no qualifications, who think they know. Personally, I think qi gong is a load of rubbish. But, there is genuine rubbish (the theory, practices, etc. as genuinely passed down) and there is made-up, incomplete rubbish.

My point is that when Hendrik talks about Ch'an or qi gong or WCK history or WCK, his views are very much worth taking into account.

m1k3
05-20-2009, 07:11 AM
Good information, but he still seems to follow the Zen practice of never explain too clearly.

Yoshiyahu
05-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Good information, but he still seems to follow the Zen practice of never explain too clearly.

How can you take into account Hendriks Views when they sound like rubbish? or Mumbo Jumbo!

t_niehoff
05-20-2009, 10:31 AM
How can you take into account Hendriks Views when they sound like rubbish? or Mumbo Jumbo!

In my view a great deal of TCMA stuff is rubbish. The whole qi paradigm, for example, is rubbish. However, it is traditionally a part of TCMA. Hendrik KNOWS that stuff to a very high level. My point is that if someone is interested in that stuff, they would be wise to take Hendrik's views into account. Likewise, I think very, very few people have the "education" on those subjects I mentioned in my previous post as does Hendrik. So, for example, to argue about qi cultivation with Hendrik is like arguing grappling with Dale (knifefighter) who is a BJJ BB -- most people here are simply not in their league.

m1k3
05-20-2009, 10:37 AM

Because I understand a little of what he is talking about.

Its hard to explain but it goes along the lines of confusing the map with the terrain, or words can be used to describe but too often get confused with what is.

Is needs to be experienced, Is is not a story.

Yoshiyahu
05-20-2009, 11:03 AM
In my view a great deal of TCMA stuff is rubbish. The whole qi paradigm, for example, is rubbish. However, it is traditionally a part of TCMA. Hendrik KNOWS that stuff to a very high level. My point is that if someone is interested in that stuff, they would be wise to take Hendrik's views into account. Likewise, I think very, very few people have the "education" on those subjects I mentioned in my previous post as does Hendrik. So, for example, to argue about qi cultivation with Hendrik is like arguing grappling with Dale (knifefighter) who is a BJJ BB -- most people here are simply not in their league.

Okay buddy. But as for Chi Cultivation what use is all that knowledge if he cant fight with the stuff. head knowledge with out the ability to fight with it is nonsense and will begin to lead you into fantasy land.

m1k3
05-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Okay buddy. But as for Chi Cultivation what use is all that knowledge if he cant fight with the stuff. head knowledge with out the ability to fight with it is nonsense and will begin to lead you into fantasy land.

What you can get from it is mental health, physical health, peace of mind, a sense of being centered and other stuff.

Not everything has to do with fighting.

I am just a dabbler but I use some of it to help control my diabetes (type II) and my arthritis. At 55 there are a lot more important things than fighting.

Vajramusti
05-20-2009, 11:51 AM
I often don't agree with Terence on wing chun matters, and sometimes don't agree with Hendrik on some wing chun matters- but Terence's post on Hendrik is right on the money.

For a long time at the beginning I didn't know what to make of Yik Kam wing chun- given the relatively sudden appearances of several quite different claims on "original wing chun".And Wang kew Kit(who also is from Yik Kam lines) works with so many different styles including claiming wing chun. Hendrik's wing chun lineage also has some CLF but he has explained how his lineage keeps their wc separate from their CLF. And I have seen Hendrik's SLT- it is wing chun-- a much softer version than WT or TWC. And I have taken a glance at some of his documents on Emei training postures. Sometimes in historical chronology he loses me(he needs to respond to Rolf some more on dates and clear up some confusions)...but there is no doubt about his painstaking research. Someone can be fluent in Chinese but may not be able to do justice to specialized texts.

His understanding of Buddhism in it all its diversity is considerable and his understanding of Chan is very clear.He not only has had direct top flight instruction but he took time to master the older terms in order to deal with the texts. He practices Buddhism- that is why even though he has fought in his early years- he gave up fighting but tries to point nevertheless to other main virtues of wing chun.In spite of all the brickbats thrown at him he returns to try and explain his main points.In his place I would just ignore those guys.

My wing chun is different from Hendrik's but I respect his style. And on Buddhism- I pay close attention to what he has to say and he is pretty clear to me.. His English may not be always clear- but some of his main detractors need to go back to nursery school to learn their English.

It's better to give good reasons for differences of opinion than to be sarcastic.

PS I dont pay attention to his songs. Everyone has their own personality.

joy chaudhuri

PS. My problem is noy spelling for the most part but two finger keyboarding sometimes in the dark. You need some dark in the blazing Arizona sun.I seldom useda typewriter0 had others do the typing.

t_niehoff
05-20-2009, 12:31 PM

I've already answered this question.

And quite frankly, as you are firmly entrenched in your own fantasy land, your objection seems simply a case of the pot calling the kettle "black."

Occassional, light play fighting in your sifu's backyard as you claim to do is not fighting, doesn't develop fighting skills, and doesn't make you a fighter. As I've told you, go visit and train at some places where they really train fighters and they fight as part of their training, i.e., a muay thai school or MMA school or boxing gym. Until you do THAT, you simply don't know what you are talking about.

Hendrik
05-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Thanks Terence and Joy, appreciate!

Hendrik
05-20-2009, 02:17 PM

Zen is crystal clear without explanation.
But you got to let go your mind.

Hendrik
05-20-2009, 02:23 PM
But as for Chi Cultivation what use is all that knowledge if he cant fight with the stuff.

head knowledge with out the ability to fight with it is nonsense and will begin to lead you into fantasy land.

how could one do combat well before one knows how to live?

HOw could a person succesfully direct the qi without being able to enter alpha brain wave state at will?

how does the Qi become the laser pointed that guide the Jin?

How could a person with a scatted mind and un aware of his own mind and body to participate in a high speed spotless execution when every second counts?

in case some one doesnt know what is High Speed Spotless, the following movie clip action give some feeling but that is not real either it is just for communication purpose, can be missed leading if one takes that as real or exactly what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ftozVc3lI

Read your own posts and from there read your own mind to see what type of mind do you got? can that mind do anything extraordinary? as said in the clip " the sheep or the Wolf"? who are you? that cannot be hide from the signature you left on your trace.

The cosmos is vast but the frog think it is as big as the opening of the well it got trap in without knowing it was a trap.

I dont choose fighting because I cant effort to lose and Dont want to lose. I hate to lose.

anerlich
05-20-2009, 03:00 PM
how could one do combat well before one knows how to live?

Mike Tyson seemed to manage.

Hendrik
05-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Mike Tyson seemed to manage.

sure,

A tiger can do that too so do you want to become a Tiger or Mike Tyson?
The serious question is can you be them?

anerlich
05-20-2009, 03:50 PM
The serious question is can you be them?

The seious question is what drugs you are on.

Yoshiyahu
05-20-2009, 06:30 PM
I've already answered this question.

And quite frankly, as you are firmly entrenched in your own fantasy land, your objection seems simply a case of the pot calling the kettle "black."

Occassional, light play fighting in your sifu's backyard as you claim to do is not fighting, doesn't develop fighting skills, and doesn't make you a fighter. As I've told you, go visit and train at some places where they really train fighters and they fight as part of their training, i.e., a muay thai school or MMA school or boxing gym. Until you do THAT, you simply don't know what you are talking about.

Which school will you be at on Saturday?

m1k3
05-21-2009, 05:32 AM
Zen is crystal clear without explanation.
But you got to let go your mind.

The Way that can be spoken of is not the true Way.

Vajramusti
05-21-2009, 05:55 AM
The Way that can be spoken of is not the true Way.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And you are speaking!

joy chaudhuri (retreat to silence)

t_niehoff
05-21-2009, 06:14 AM
Which school will you be at on Saturday?

How many times do I have to tell you that I want absolutely nothing to do with you? What does it take to get that simple message through your thick skull?

I've learned through experience not to have anything to do with unbalanced persons. And I think you are seriously unbalanced. Your private emails to me, and to others, what you have said on this forum, your screen name, my intimate knowledge of your group, etc. -- everything -- corroborates my impression.

If you want to see what you can really do with your WCK, then do what you've never done in your life: go visit and spar with some genuine fighters. Or, don't -- and continue to live in your fantasy world. Either way, I still don't want anything to do with you.

Vajramusti
05-21-2009, 06:40 AM
I don' t know what the judgment of the moderator is but IMO you are seriously misusing
the forum- why make a fool of yourself?

joy chaudhuri

m1k3
05-21-2009, 06:44 AM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And you are speaking!

joy chaudhuri (retreat to silence)

Touche! :D

Yoshiyahu
05-21-2009, 08:40 AM
I don' t know what the judgment of the moderator is but IMO you are seriously misusing
the forum- why make a fool of yourself?

joy chaudhuri

Ha Ha funny...you make me laugh...Lighting up guy..have fun...