PDA

View Full Version : Is Chuck Norris evil??!!

PrettyLil'Peony
05-17-2009, 05:21 PM
As a young lady who has been raised in the Roman Catholic religion, this article really caught my attention! Check this out http://kungfuculture.net/view_toppicks.html?tid=103. Basically, the Wynyard Baptist Church banned Tai Chi because of it's so-called connection with "Eastern Mysticism". What the heck? Why is this being brought up now? Kung Fu and Christianity has laid hand in hand for years. I don't hear anyone bad mouthing Chuck Norris! A man who is a VERY well known martial arts star and who is VERY open about his Christianity. Also, with the release of Kung Fu Panda, many Christians praised the movie as a great family film. I think we should let bygones be bygones. Besides I am on whatever side Chuck is on! lol = )

goju
05-17-2009, 05:23 PM
god i hate chuck norriss i wish he would slip down some stairs and die

PrettyLil'Peony
05-17-2009, 05:30 PM
I don't think you would get that lucky for him to just SLIP...maybe if a tank ran him over or something!

Yao Sing
05-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Chuck Norris doesn't slip and fall, he slips and stays up - the world falls around him.

Chuck Norris can do a wheelie on a unicycle.

mawali
05-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in slaughter.

The world revolves around Chuck Norris.

The bogeyman hides under Chuck Norris bed

Batman and Superman have a Chuck Norris likeness on their chest.

You want to know the time. Sundials communicates with Chuck Norris to find the exact time.

Chuck Norris defeated Vietnam and the Soviet Union with 1 kick and a M16 Grenade launcher.

What more can one say? Viva Chuck Norris!

goju
05-17-2009, 05:45 PM
your all hanging around wookie a little too much

PrettyLil'Peony
05-17-2009, 05:49 PM
THANK YOU!! Chuck Norris counted to infinity...TWICE!!:D

Hot'n'Spicy
05-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Preach on sista! Go KUNG FU CHRISTIANS!! :p

gwa sow
05-17-2009, 07:02 PM
without chuck, we wouldnt have the "most intersting man in the world" XX beer comercials

Drake
05-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Death doesn't come knocking for Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris comes knocking for Death.

Drake
05-17-2009, 08:53 PM
As a young lady who has been raised in the Roman Catholic religion, this article really caught my attention! Check this out http://kungfuculture.net/view_toppicks.html?tid=103. Basically, the Wynyard Baptist Church banned Tai Chi because of it's so-called connection with "Eastern Mysticism". What the heck? Why is this being brought up now? Kung Fu and Christianity has laid hand in hand for years. I don't hear anyone bad mouthing Chuck Norris! A man who is a VERY well known martial arts star and who is VERY open about his Christianity. Also, with the release of Kung Fu Panda, many Christians praised the movie as a great family film. I think we should let bygones be bygones. Besides I am on whatever side Chuck is on! lol = )

The church is upset because in the beginning, god said "let there be light", and Chuck Norris said "say please".

GreenCloudCLF
05-18-2009, 03:25 AM
Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried, ever.

PrettyLil'Peony
05-18-2009, 05:02 AM
When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down!!!;)

Hot'n'Spicy
05-18-2009, 05:25 AM
I wonder who is the female equivalent to Norris!!??? Hmmm:confused:

SPJ
05-18-2009, 06:12 AM
church banning tai chi?

Yin ang Yang were declared in the bible, " let there be a woman--"

Yin and Yang were based on observation of nature or God's creation

the river of lo,

there are 2 branches of rivers come together and mix, the dirts of the rivers mixing

thus the signs of yin and yang fishes,

--

is yoga also banned?

:confused:

SPJ
05-18-2009, 06:17 AM
I meant yin, yang, 5 elements or ba gua

are actually empirical science from the old time

based on maths etc.

they are not mysticism

--

Scott R. Brown
05-18-2009, 08:05 AM
I wonder if they approve of Western Mysticism?

I have known Christians who disapprove of bowing in Martial arts classes, and meditation, on the other hand I also know Christians who have meditation classes sponsored by their church.

There are too many" experts" who actually know nothing about what they are criticizing. It is best to just ignore them and allow them to wallow in their feelings of superiority.

You can't argue with fools!

Ignorance is universal!!

taai gihk yahn
05-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Ignorance is universal!!
oh, I don't know about that...

PrettyLil'Peony
05-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Hmm good question Scott! Not sure about Western Mysticism....going to have to look into that.

Scott R. Brown
05-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Hmm good question Scott! Not sure about Western Mysticism....going to have to look into that.

Most of the religious mystics in western culture were Catholic and most fundamentalist Christian sects do not believe Catholics are Christian, so I would guess they will say they disapprove of that as well.

The funny thing is that mysticism is about directly experiencing the divine for yourself and that was one of the original tenants of Protestantism, each person may have a personal relationship with god, and does not require intercession by a Church authority.

Unfortunately they require that each person experience God according to THEIR definition of God and not according to a person's undefined, direct experience.

PrettyLil'Peony
05-18-2009, 07:24 PM
I agree, that every relationship with God is individualized/custom....for instance I was raised Catholic but I have also picked up different philosophies/ideas/beliefs from different religions and intermingled them with my Catholic platform.

Drake
05-18-2009, 07:54 PM
I agree, that every relationship with God is individualized/custom....for instance I was raised Catholic but I have also picked up different philosophies/ideas/beliefs from different religions and intermingled them with my Catholic platform.

I am happily atheist.

Scott R. Brown
05-18-2009, 08:39 PM

The Chinese have a saying: "A thousand monks, a thousand religions!"

PrettyLil'Peony
05-18-2009, 09:02 PM
I once read somewhere...

"More often than not, inexplicable occurrences collide with the balance of life.
Coincidental? Or divine intervention?
To faithful believers, this is simply the wondrous act of God.
To others, billions of clever atoms at their best!
What path to choose?"

LOVE that quote!!

Xiao3 Meng4
05-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Chuck Norris was once head of the Quakers, until he roundhouse kicked himself out for being too violent. Then he roundhouse kicked the Quakers (Now you know why they're called quakers.)

Yao Sing
05-18-2009, 10:11 PM
I heard the Quakers used to be called the Calms until they heard Chuck Norris was looking for them.

SPJ
05-19-2009, 06:59 AM
I like Texas Ranger very much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW1tIpE95kc

:)

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-19-2009, 05:39 PM
chuck norris is the only man to soundly defeat rotting orbs style.

though, to my creidt, he did take enough penicillin to kill a horse after the fact.

Lee Chiang Po
05-19-2009, 07:27 PM
The hard core Baptists would ban Cathlics if they could. Anything that is not associated with Christianity is evil and of satan. Remember how in the name of Christianity all those people were burned alive? I am not bound by religeous convictions, and am open to anything that makes sense to me. Sister Pauline once told me that I was bound for hell because I was not a Cathlic. This might well be true, but I do not believe it. Hey, even Dracula was a Christian of sorts. Supposedly.

sanjuro_ronin
05-20-2009, 06:01 AM
Impossible for Chuck to be evil, not only is Chuck all 7 signs of the apocolypse, he also choked out Satan with his beard and then round house kicked his corpse into the lake of eternal fire !
Its all in the bible people !!

PrettyLil'Peony
05-20-2009, 04:46 PM
I think I read that verse!!!

:p