PDA

View Full Version : Devolping low elbow energy without a partner?

nabakatsu
05-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi there, does anyone know of any good techniques one can use to supplement the culivation of low elbow energy in place of partners to do dan chi/chi sau practice with? Any ideas are most welcome, thanks for your time.

Feel free to give your thoughts on to why having low elbow energy is useful in our martial arts system.

couch
05-18-2009, 05:21 AM
Practicing Siu Nim Tao is very good elbow-linking practice.

I have not done this, but others have had luck with rolling while attached to resistance bands.

Simply, the elbow-down is due to structure in how we face in WC. As Chunners, we develop power in a compact/close range. Elbow is linked to the hip no different than a boxer's is to his/her strikes - just a different take on the whole structure/power generation idea.

Yoshiyahu
05-18-2009, 09:38 AM
Hi there, does anyone know of any good techniques one can use to supplement the culivation of low elbow energy in place of partners to do dan chi/chi sau practice with? Any ideas are most welcome, thanks for your time.

Feel free to give your thoughts on to why having low elbow energy is useful in our martial arts system.

Hey Question are you on Martial Talk too Nabakatsu the name looks familiar!

nabakatsu
05-18-2009, 07:17 PM
I sure am, it's sad not having you there any more so I tracked you down here!
(just kidding) :P

Yoshiyahu
05-19-2009, 06:59 AM
Aww I thought about going back on with a different user name...But I been looking at some of the discussions at work an they seem really boring...lol...so I haven't logged on to their yet...maybe in few years I will go back on when there is new blood an new ideas....

have you been on Wing Chun fight club too?

I sure am, it's sad not having you there any more so I tracked you down here!
(just kidding) :P

chusauli
05-19-2009, 08:57 AM
How about just bending your knees? That will develop Jang Dae Lik (Elbow Down Energy).

LOL!

nabakatsu
05-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I've been there and saw ya at the other site too, it didn't seem as much up my alley as I would have thought. things have been a bit slow, but I've been so busy I don't have time for more than 30mns worth of forum prowling anyways, take care :D

Yoshiyahu
05-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Yeah, I've been there and saw ya at the other site too, it didn't seem as much up my alley as I would have thought. things have been a bit slow, but I've been so busy I don't have time for more than 30mns worth of forum prowling anyways, take care :D

ha ha...i just prowl at work...ha ha..