PDA

View Full Version : When people sell specific training programs like Iron Palm...

I Hate Ashida Kim
05-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Is there a disclaimer so that if you break your hands you can't sue?

I've heard of people getting severely injured from following exercise protocols they found online (Crossfit comes to mind).

Or in that other thread where that company is selling the $95 pills, there's an "iron shin" training program for sale for like $500 or something. WHat happens if someone breaks their leg while following it?

btw who pays for that crap when you can get the same info online for free?

sanjuro_ronin
05-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Is there a disclaimer so that if you break your hands you can't sue?

I've heard of people getting severely injured from following exercise protocols they found online (Crossfit comes to mind).

Or in that other thread where that company is selling the $95 pills, there's an "iron shin" training program for sale for like $500 or something. WHat happens if someone breaks their leg while following it?

btw who pays for that crap when you can get the same info online for free?

I think you are 100% correct, in fact I think you should visit these people and confront them face-to-face !!
:D

David Jamieson
05-25-2009, 04:16 PM
do it! do it! :D

I Hate Ashida Kim
05-25-2009, 09:42 PM
who are you saying i should confront? The people selling the training programs? I mentioned multiple people in my post yet you didn't specify to whom your instance of "these people" refers.

golden arhat
05-26-2009, 03:36 AM
hold on if you have iron palm skill

shouldnt people who hold pads have their hands broke
pads arent that thick nor are they that much denser than say some muscle and fat

or do you hold back?:rolleyes:

i am suspicious of anything that stops me using my *****, what can i say:D

David Jamieson
05-26-2009, 05:35 AM
hold on if you have iron palm skill

shouldnt people who hold pads have their hands broke
pads arent that thick nor are they that much denser than say some muscle and fat

or do you hold back?:rolleyes:

i am suspicious of anything that stops me using my *****, what can i say:D

nobody uses partner bag drills in iron palm training.

it is pretty much 100% solo training either using the direct or indirect method.

the indirect method is the one that is lasting, requires qigong and also teh celibacy for a period of time. The greater majority of people who are exposed to iron palm do not learn this method.

most people consider iron palm to be hitting increasingly harder media in a bag while using liberal doses of dit da jow. Almost no one has the accompanying qigongs and many don't adhere to the celibacy rule.

if you can find a for real iron palm master, you'll know just by shaking their hand whether or not they got it, even if you know nothing. You can feel it right away.

Their hands are not like clubs or hard or calloused. They are quite normal, but the whole weight and energy of them is utterly different.

just sayin... :)

sanjuro_ronin
05-26-2009, 05:41 AM
Having done BOTH methods I can atest that:
I miss getting laid !!
That said, I would probably urge someone wanting to learn IP to figure out WHY they wanna learn it, it is a HUGE commitment.
Scientifically speaking, it simply is the increase of bone density due to "repetitive shock trauma", think what happens to that bones in the feet of a long distance runner if he wore no running shoes compared to one that did.
Of course that is just the "physical changes", which can be verified and note by X-Ray or even just but feel.
I don't know anyone that has JUST done the "indirect" or "internal" method alone, even the people that do it now, started off with the "direct method" first.
You also need to remember that everyone's body reacts differently to training stimuli so you can't go on "apperance" on ones hands, also some people just like the break things to test their IP and as such, their hands will be more "visual", even if doing the "indirect" method.

IronWeasel
05-26-2009, 06:27 AM
I don't know anyone that has JUST done the "indirect" or "internal" method alone, even the people that do it now, started off with the "direct method" first.

We have been 'encouraged' to do the Indirect method for the first 100 days: no sex, no alcohol, no fried food, chi kung (meditation/breathing/palm exercises).

After the 100 days, I guess we do the Direct method plus the chi kung.

sanjuro_ronin
05-26-2009, 07:53 AM
We have been 'encouraged' to do the Indirect method for the first 100 days: no sex, no alcohol, no fried food, chi kung (meditation/breathing/palm exercises).

After the 100 days, I guess we do the Direct method plus the chi kung.

I know, I follow the same, since it came from your GM.
:p

I Hate Ashida Kim
05-26-2009, 08:00 AM
The harder, faster result Iron palm requires less qi gong and does harm over the long run.

Wait, what?

Judge Pen
05-26-2009, 08:37 AM
You can sue the pope in rome for *******ery, but that doesn't mean you can state a claim. Causation and assumption of the risk are always going to be issues in these types of cases.

I Hate Ashida Kim
05-26-2009, 10:20 AM
I should clarify. Its more likely to do long term damage. It will vary depending on the blood circulation and recovery time/ qi level of the individual.

What type of damage could it do? You mean like physically damaging the hands?

TenTigers
05-26-2009, 01:29 PM
It was a good lesson on intention when someone is charging/hitting back and trying to take you down compared to slapping a brick and breaking it. I have yet to see someone iron palm someone to death in the ring. Fear affects qi and its a different thing to be in your dojo with incense burning compared to standing accross from a fighter who wants to hurt you.

That is why I have devised the Iron Palm Sparring Gear. It's a chest protector filled with Mung beans.

Lucas
05-26-2009, 01:33 PM
That is why I have devised the Iron Palm Sparring Gear. It's a chest protector filled with Mung beans.

rofl