PDA

View Full Version : Alan Lee:Kung Fu Wu Su

mickey
05-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Greetings,

This footage is around 35+ years old. It is really nice to see. Found on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dw88fw6lXA&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyCx5pVrtNA&feature=related

Enjoy,

mickey

banditshaw
05-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Pretty Cool. Any of these guys still around?

golden arhat
05-26-2009, 03:38 AM
does anyone actually think its good :confused:

Shaolinlueb
05-26-2009, 08:30 AM
whenever i see people training on a beach, doing slow practice moves i think hippy commune.

lkfmdc
05-26-2009, 09:18 AM
it was very pretty

hskwarrior
05-26-2009, 11:04 AM
I would like to exercise my right to take the 5th on this. :D :D :D

iron_silk
05-26-2009, 11:13 AM
It looks a tad too "Kung fu the TV series/movie"

I mean they are going at each with kicks and punchs (especially the woman) but....all that hand movements seems kind of psuedo "oriental" and waste of energy.

The only use I can guess...is that it's meant to keep your opponent guessing as to where the attack will come?

banditshaw
05-26-2009, 04:52 PM
I like the way it was shot. I'm a sucker for shot on film 70's ma related docs.

I agree the fists are flowery and the kicks embroidery-like.:D

taai gihk yahn
05-26-2009, 07:55 PM
ah, the stuff that could be gotten away with in the '70's...

ngokfei
05-27-2009, 07:27 AM
it is what it is.

Video tape doesn't lie. Shame we don't have it on alot of the teachers today.

I remember the grand standing for Eric Lee as the King of Kata. Now having seen his demos of hand, double saber ad 3 sectional. :eek:Well thank god for the improvements/experiences of todays teachers.

There's nothing to hide behind now.

one ting I'll say is that everyone I've met from this school are not afraid of throwing down or scared of hard training.

a good friend of mine and classmate trained there for a few years and only learned I believe 1 or 2 sets.
My sifu said his basics were the best he'd seen in his school. Horse stance for an hour easy. Not only that but he was able to pick up 3 hand sets in a year (not just memorizing)

I wonder if they still have the old policy that for ever year you are there your tuition gets lower until a token donation.

mickey
05-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Greetings,

Not to be apolgetic in any way, that school appeared to be in its infancy at that that time. Some of the faces that I knew were much younger than when I knew them. I also remember being on the receiving end of some very good hand techniques from members of that school.

mickey

Edit:

P.S. I had to go back to look at part one. What was shown:

1- Legs only fighting

2- Hands only fighting

3=Hands and legs fighting

4- Rolling and Tumbling Fighting

mickey
07-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Greetings,

It is my understanding that Grandmaster Lee has a healing clinic in the New York area. Does anyone know where it is located?

mickey