PDA

View Full Version : Tropic Thunder and linament!

KC Elbows
06-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Just watched this movie last night, and one thing cracked me up.

I occasionally use this cheap Chinese linament called zheng gu shui. Anyway, in the scene where Robert Downer Jr. goes through the surgical procedure to become black, you see the doctors use a bottle of this stuff to make him black.

The movie was okay. There were a few parts that cracked me up, but the majority of the comedy was too Ben Stiller for my tastes.

Shaolinlueb
06-02-2009, 08:48 AM
i thought he used soy sauce to make him black :eek:

that movie is great.

Lucas
06-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Just watched this movie last night, and one thing cracked me up.

I occasionally use this cheap Chinese linament called zheng gu shui. Anyway, in the scene where Robert Downer Jr. goes through the surgical procedure to become black, you see the doctors use a bottle of this stuff to make him black.

The movie was okay. There were a few parts that cracked me up, but the majority of the comedy was too Ben Stiller for my tastes.

I remember that lol. I use zheng gu shui too so it totally jumped out at me.

my favorite part of that movie is the severed head scene. just so gross its totally funny.

on a side note, notice a few years back when zgs switched to crappy thin plastic bottles and rubber stoppers rather than the glass. i hated that.

KC Elbows
06-02-2009, 02:36 PM
on a side note, notice a few years back when zgs switched to crappy thin plastic bottles and rubber stoppers rather than the glass. i hated that.

I know! The glass ones had a smaller mouth, so it was a bit easier to use without ending up with a gallon of the stuff coming out.

And yes, the head part is funny!

Zenshiite
06-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Tropic Thunder his hilarious. The linament is interesting.

On a similar note... I was watching the Sci-Fi channel series The Dresden Files(based on the novels) about a month ago and there is this one point where an Asian lady is delivering herbs to the title character, Harry Dresden Wizard for Hire, and he asks for some Kwan Loong oil and then she says something about having a hot date or whatever. And I was like "huh?"