PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Buttefly Kick at 2:40

MasterKiller
06-05-2009, 06:24 AM
http://www.massively.com/2009/06/04/e3-2009-star-wars-the-old-republic-demonstration/

sanjuro_ronin
06-05-2009, 06:28 AM
Excellent graphics and choreography, much better than the movies !!

MasterKiller
06-05-2009, 06:29 AM
Excellent graphics and choreography, much better than the movies !!

No sh1t. Better than the last three combined. The storyline of the original Knights of the Old Republic was much more interesting than the prequel movies, imo. They should have started there.

sanjuro_ronin
06-05-2009, 06:50 AM
No sh1t. Better than the last three combined. The storyline of the original Knights of the Old Republic was much more interesting than the prequel movies, imo. They should have started there.

Agreed, and instead of that crap series "clone wars" with those cheesy graphics, if they have done this one with these graphics, it would have been a much better legacy for Lucas.

David Jamieson
06-05-2009, 07:27 AM
you gotta factor time and money in guys.

a tv series or movie has a pretty short timeline for production compared to an mmo which is in development for literally years.

I believe this one has been in development for almost 5 years.

so to produce that level of rendering for a tv series would make it an incredibly expensive proposition.

Shaolinlueb
06-05-2009, 11:42 AM
i read a lot of the old star wars graphic novels about the old jedi's. that styuff was great. lets hope this is good.

David Jamieson
06-05-2009, 07:37 PM
i read a lot of the old star wars graphic novels about the old jedi's. that styuff was great. lets hope this is good.

it's an mmo, it will be a bunch of people farming for xp, then standing around while newbs ask them to team up for mishes to lvl their characters.

like any other mmo.

it'll be neat at first, then boring, then crappy.
You'll have small cliques of larpers running around, dedicated servers to RPGers only who will make it even more excruciatingly dull with their rules upon rules of how to conduct your character and then tere will be loads of idiots running around trying to open every door or kill every npc there is or the arena crowd who endlessly power build and so on.

they are all the same dang thing.

probably evenb some treasure in a garbage can i would imagine.

:D