PDA

View Full Version : Who is Goktimus??

Kiasyd
03-13-2001, 04:52 PM
Sorry, but who is this Goktimus fella that everyone talks about on the other boards?

-- Kiasyd

LizMantis
03-13-2001, 06:24 PM
probably a troll, not a good thing on the boards...

www.kungfuexchange.com (http://www.kungfuexchange.com)

Kiasyd
03-13-2001, 07:07 PM
Troll? Like those monsters of european folklore?
:rolleyes:

Sorry, as I said, I'm a newbie! :p

-- Kiasyd

tanglangman
03-13-2001, 07:22 PM
Not quite,

You will see trolls come and go on this forum. They usually post topics or replies that either insult people or styles without any kind of basis or just to start an arguement.

Just look at some of the posts by Goktimus/rolls/mercilessfighter and you'll see what I mean. Something like why is southern KF rubbish is the typical kind of comment that they make.

Don't be frightened off by them there are some interesting discussions to come out of this forum. Just look and you will see.

joedoe
03-14-2001, 06:15 AM
I don't think Goktimus himself was a troll. He was just a pontificating loser.

Have a look at his posts at:
http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=126197291&f=196199028&m=245197139

and

http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=126197291&f=196199028&m=3551920701

to see what I mean.

BTW welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do :)

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

Kiasyd
03-14-2001, 02:45 PM
Yes, I've read these kind of posts... I guess that is normal... In every newsgroup that I usually go there are posts like these, and most of them have nothing to do with MA.

What I really don't know is if those "trolls" do that because they *really* think that way or just for fun. :)

I guess I'll never know that.

-- Kiasyd

joedoe
03-15-2001, 04:34 AM
See, someone like deadlypower or mercilessfighter are trolls. They just say (often ridiculous)things to pi$$ people off.

Goktimus on the other hand is a genuine contributor that 1) Likes to lecture to people and 2) Thinks he knows everything.

Goktimus is dangerous because he often posts stuff that sounds like he knows what he is talking about, even though it is not 100% correct. Some people take his word as gospel because he sounds so knowledgeable. The danger is that people then become as misguided and closed-minded as he is.

Kiasyd
03-15-2001, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I noticed that...
Yesterday, I spent about 3 or 4 hours reading the "duty of care" thread. :D

Oh, and you forgot to mention that he suffers from multiple personality derangement! :rolleyes:

-- Kiasyd

tanglangman
03-15-2001, 05:27 PM
I agree Abandit

I had put it off as it seemed too daunting a challenge (18 pages or something) but I eventually read the dute of care thread and just couldn't bring myself to finish reading. It was so tedious but I see now that he's no troll.

Abandit, fancy another discussion I've not really had a good one since the mercilessfighter ridiculous thread on the shaolin monks being like nazis. Can you believe that guy?

TTFN....

joedoe
03-16-2001, 01:47 AM
Always happy to have a discussion :).