PDA

View Full Version : Yongtai Girls Wushu School

zhugeliang
06-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Anyone heard of this gongfu school for girls only? I'm looking for information - has anyone visited?

zhugeliang
06-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm looking for. It's spozed to be near the Shaolin temple, I don't know, there's hardly any info on it.

Lokhopkuen
06-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm looking for. It's spozed to be near the Shaolin temple, I don't know, there's hardly any info on it.

We visited when we were in China (I think:confused:). Didn't see any gung fu demo'd though.

GeneChing
06-08-2009, 10:27 AM
...not to be confused with Shaolin's nunnery on the way to Tamo's cave.

Check out our 2004 May/June issue (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=486) - Shaolin Monks and Warrior Nuns: Lotus & Sword Makes Its American Debut. That covered a kung fu demonstration tour that came from Yongtai, but I added the background history of this temple. It's not in Shaolin valley, but sort of on the way if you take the old road instead of the highway.

zhugeliang
06-09-2009, 05:32 PM
谢谢!

thanks

Tensei85
06-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Yongtai Girls Wushu School

Sounds like a remake of "Sorority boys" is needed, I volunteer myself. ;)

sha0lin1
06-22-2009, 06:16 AM
We passed it, right before you get to Shaolin, on the right, there is a sign there that says Yongtai Temple. We didn't visit though. We did pass two nuns from the Shaolin nunnery every morning on our way up the mountain. They always had two dogs with them which were really cool looking.