Hi All,

we produced a little clip with rare fotos of Ma Yueliang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u35dVo747Gk&feature=channel_page

Please enjoy.

Martin2

woliveri
06-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks for that Martin2,

Do you happen to know of the Wu Style Square form and anyone that teaches it?

Thanks,

Martin2
06-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Hello woliveri,

I do not know much about Wu Tai Chi Chuan in the US. May be contact Jonny Lee. You can google him.

Martin2

RickMatz
06-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Martin2,

That was a very nice tribute to Ma YuehLiang. Well done.

For information on who might teach the Wu style in the US, you might want to try contacting the International Wu Style Federation:

http://www.wustyle.com/en/index.html

Best Regards,

Rick

woliveri
06-08-2009, 06:38 AM
Actually, I'm more interested in the Square form and If anyone knows about it in China or otherwise.

Thanks,

RickMatz
06-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Instruction with the International Wu Federation begins with the square form.

wushistrongbone
06-16-2009, 07:33 AM
Actually, I'm more interested in the Square form and If anyone knows about it in China or otherwise.

Thanks,

Hi, I am curious as to why you would specifically be looking for the square form?
From what I understand, this was originally taught as a square form to beginners to make teaching to huge numbers easier. i.e. military
Even with those who now study or teach the square form, you would only learn like this at the beginning to teach you the movements and sections, which would then lead to smoothing out all of the angles into curves according to taiji theory...

woliveri
06-16-2009, 07:57 AM
The square form has special value. It has cleaner alignments (IMO) and thus better energy connections between heaven and earth (also IMO). Frankly, I think it's a higher level form than the "rounded" form.

Now I have seen a video of someone performing a square form version that looked ridiculous but in general, I prefer the square form.