PDA

View Full Version : If you have a spare minute, SIGN THIS PETITION

monkeyfoot
06-14-2009, 03:37 PM
**I recognise that this post was worded extremely badly and I do apologize if I offended anyone.**

If you haven't already signed this petition, then you **** well should!

I was in China for 6 months and came across numerous 'markets' that showed China doesn't give two ****s about animal rights (or anyones/anythings rights come to think of it). I saw lots and lots of caged dogs and other similarly distressing things, but never even knew it was commonplace to SKIN DOGS ALIVE!

Its absolutely HIDEOUS behaviour. More and more I am coming closer to hating Chinas ways, which is a complete irony as I am fascinated by many aspects of their culture. Seeing this sort of treatment to animals makes me want to quit Kung Fu and quit anything else that promotes this sick country.

Evil people...wolf in sheeps clothing!

www.animalsaviours.org

BoulderDawg
06-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Problem is that you can sign petitions til you're blue in the face but it's not going to do a dam bit of good.

China hasn't gotten past abusing people....animals are way down on the list.

Yao Sing
06-14-2009, 04:45 PM
You haven't seen the roasted dog for sale on the street corner or the cats (pets) in cages next to the chickens (food) in cages?

Did you ever wonder where the meat in your meals comes from when you can travel around the country and not see a single cow?
:D:D:D

Violent Designs
06-14-2009, 05:58 PM
I love how you just classified myself and 1.3 billion other people into "evil people, wolf in sheep's clothing."

Fascinating logic you have.

Violent Designs
06-14-2009, 06:00 PM
One thing about the "dog abuse" in China vs. the West is that in the West dogs are seen as "man's best friend" and whatnot.

But primarily in China a dog is sometimes used and referred to as a symbol of something vile or bad, and when cursing people many times will refer to them as "dogs." So in China there is not really the social norm of "respecting" dogs like in the West.

SPJ
06-14-2009, 06:05 PM
dog is man's best friend.

yes. some people eat dog's meat

the black color male dog is most wanted.

cat is usually considered guardian of the underworld or hell.

cat may steal your spirits.

you would have 7 years of bad luck, if you see a dead cat.

cat would catch mouse and rat that would other wise eat people's crops and produces.

1. not all people eat dog meats

2. nobody really eats cat meats

horse, deer, snake, rabbit, --

come to think of it

I am not much of a meat eater

dunno about others.

---

:eek:

Dale Dugas
06-14-2009, 06:05 PM
all animals are food to someone somewhere.

its all part of the universe.

even veggies kill plants to eat.

its part of life.

GFT.

SPJ
06-14-2009, 06:09 PM
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/china/local-news/other/2008/12/19/188363/China-protest.htm

SPJ
06-14-2009, 06:13 PM
my brother never eat meat since college days in the 1980'

due to buddhist belief

however, he told me that there is a very good restaurant

in LA county.

it is a vegetarian restaurant, every thing is made of soy product

so you may order fish, pork, beef taste like dishes

they are soy and not out of any fish, pig or cattle slaughtered

my sis is a strong advocate against any food animal slaughter

she even protested at pig, cattle and chicken slaughter houses

she asked me to sign petitions in Taiwan plenty of times

--

BoulderDawg
06-14-2009, 06:57 PM
This thread has been sidetracked. It has nothing to do with slaughtering animal for food.

The original post linked

www.animalsaviours.org

According to this link their complaint is that animals are being skinned alive for their fur. Apparently it is easier to skin a live animal than a dead one.

However, as I said, their is absolutely nothing that we can do other than not buy Chinese products....especially fur.

David Jamieson
06-15-2009, 05:13 AM
I wonder how some people in India might feel about McDonalds. There are factory farms that horribly kill cattle in the most disgusting ways.

And yet, there are many in North America and elsewhere who happily eat their happy meals.

Demonizing a people for their dietary habits? really?

Monkeyfoot, you read like a prejudiced fool.

check yourself before posting these things.

thanks.

monkeyfoot
06-15-2009, 06:41 AM
Demonizing a people for their dietary habits? really?

Monkeyfoot, you read like a prejudiced fool.

...and David, you obviously don't read at all.

As mentioned by BoulderDawg (he is the only person here who actually READ my post), I was not talking about Chinas dietary habits but the fact that they skin animals alive for fur. This has nothing to do with food what so ever!

I suggest you actually read correctly next time rather than jumping to irrelevant conclusions.

David Jamieson
06-15-2009, 06:46 AM

As mentioned by BoulderDawg (he is the only person here who actually READ my post), I was not talking about Chinas dietary habits but the fact that they skin animals alive for fur. This has nothing to do with food what so ever!

I suggest you actually read correctly next time rather than jumping to irrelevant conclusions.

don't be what you read.

first of all, you'd be hard pressed to find this as a regular practice. You will find isolated incidences of it.

secondly, wearing fur is not to my taste anyway, but I can't see what good a petition would do. where would you send it? Who would care what you think? How do you know it still goes on?

How do you know it's for real in the first place? How do you know that the site you posted isn't some propaganda site that serves to distract from even more serious issues of the day?

Why would you be concerned about some web hyped situation that may or may not be true when there are much more pressing issues like why are people in the world starving to death? or why is their continuous war being waged in the middle east with no end in site and thousands of casualties every year that consist of people who are not involved in any ideological conflict that is trumped up the ensure continued arms sales?

Deal with putting big rocks in the jar first, then the smaller ones, then pour the sand in and then add the water.

animal rights activism in my opinion is mostly a lot of crap that takes away from human rights development. If human rights were met, animals would be taken care of in kind.

Logical progression seems to escape people who get weighted down in the muck and mire of what is and what is not significant and how to problem solve.

so you are ok with eating them but not wearing their fur? Is that your point about chastising others?

Mas Judt
06-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Hey, you know we get real upset when you club the baby seals. skin a dog or cat alive, gas a mink - but no one cares much when you slaughter a cow or a sow.

To paraphrase Dennis Leary, we only want to protect the cute ones.

Skinning dogs alive sucks. But the totalitarian regime the PRC espouses has a lot of fans among our 'progressive' elites - like George Soros.

Honestly, we are looking at cultural evolution. The PRC is evolving. Despite massive, endemic corruption, there are honest attempts to control it. Despite arrogant officials abusing power, the are efforts to curtail it - both inside and outside the power structure.

There ae certainly large groups of people in China who would find skinning a dog alive to be a terrible thing. Just as there are those to whom it is no big deal. Inhumanity is humanities struggle.

Speaking up is a good thing. Demonizing a whole culture* is just wrong - and won't really rally those in that culture who agree with you.

The PRC is a tough character, but for every bad thing you can say, I bet there is a good thing too. For example, if you leave out politics and religion - in many ways you are more free to do what you want in business in China than in the US. Older folks are treated better and are 'cool' versus discriminated dross in the US.

My belief is that change is won gradually, not through violence, only then is the outcome lasting. Violence, hatred and anger lead often to more problems than existed in the first place.

*exception to this rule are cultures that are based entirely on war and oppression. Cultures that harbor hatred, violence and anger for the 'other.' Once common, but changing throughout the world, we must have the courage to stand up to oppressors - but also to not be warlike busybodies ourselves.

Okay - I'm all over the map here. Back to work...

SPJ
06-15-2009, 08:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBpV1G68-vw

I am against bear farming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t5wHTGbQEY

I am against Japanese whaling.

I am--

BoulderDawg
06-15-2009, 08:38 AM

Well, the funniest thing was that this guy continued to talk about slaughtering animals for food. Then after commenting on a point that was never part of the original argument he calls you a fool and suggest that you check yourself before posting.....All of this after I had made it crystal clear that the post was about killing animals for fur not food.:D

I think some apologies are in order here.

David Jamieson
06-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Well, the funniest thing was that this guy continued to talk about slaughtering animals for food. Then after commenting on a point that was never part of the original argument he calls you a fool and suggest that you check yourself before posting.....All of this after I had made it crystal clear that the post was about killing animals for fur not food.:D

I think some apologies are in order here.

apologies for what?

the guy is stating he -is that much closer to hating the chinese- because of some BS propaganda that he read. Which in actuality is just an excuse to go on about how he hates the chinese.

apologize?

screw that. :mad:

he can take his thinly veiled racist nonsense elsewhere. and fwiw, it was NOT made clear in his original post that it was about fur, it was merely about animal abuse. read it again.

bawang
06-15-2009, 10:41 AM
yes im chinese im a wolf in sheep clothing im evil
now im gonna skin alive some baby orangatans rape a cat in the ass and eat aborted fetuses

go fuk your mother

BoulderDawg
06-15-2009, 12:11 PM
I can see monkey paw's point. If you are passionate about a moral or ethical position and all of a sudden you are thrust into a culture that does not share those same beliefs it can be upsetting.

Is it wrong to stone a woman to death for adultery? Of course but some cultures condone it. Is it wrong or racist to hate a culture that you believe is immoral? I don't think so. Is it wrong or racist to treat an individual badly because of his race or culture? Of course.

monkeyfoot
06-15-2009, 12:13 PM
It do not care about killing animals for fur as long as the animals are in plentiful supply and have a fairy decent death. I think skinning any animal ALIVE is somewhat below the belt, and you're really proving your own ignorance if you were to cast it off as 'hype'.

apologies for what?

the guy is stating he -is that much closer to hating the chinese- because of some BS propaganda that he read. Which in actuality is just an excuse to go on about how he hates the chinese.

I travelled all across China for 6 months at the age of 18 without knowing the language and without a guide of any sort, on return I learn't to speak Mandarin, I dedicated the last 3 years to Kung Fu and Tea ceremony and read pretty much every book on Buddhism I could get my hands on...but yea I 'totally hate the Chinese'...

No, I do not hate Chinese people. Its rather the fact that with experience comes true knowledge and understanding, an understanding that has eventually brought me to the conclusion that China is far from what it appears. I spent such a long time with a stupid romantic notion of China, and it is only with time that I have seen how far it is from this. That video ****es me off not because I hate China, but because I do in fact love China. Its yet another thing that reminds me how inhumane and corrupt the country can be.

I am not going to sit here arguing, I have neither the time or interest in arguing with a 45 year old man, let alone one who argues on every thread he posts on.

The petition is there, sign it if you will.

oh and bawang - cao ni ma back at'cha

BoulderDawg - too true

sanjuro_ronin
06-15-2009, 12:15 PM

I was in China for 6 months and came across numerous 'markets' that showed China doesn't give two ****s about animal rights (or anyones/anythings rights come to think of it). I saw lots and lots of caged dogs and other similarly distressing things, but never even knew it was commonplace to SKIN DOGS ALIVE!

Its absolutely HIDEOUS behaviour. More and more I am coming closer to hating China, which is a complete irony as I am fascinated by many aspects of their culture. Seeing this sort of treatment to animals makes me want to quit Kung Fu and quit anything else that promotes this sick country.

www.animalsaviours.org

They also skin snakes alive too, if I recall correctely.

I have never been a big fan of judging other peoples morals base on our own, if we do that, someone might decide to judge us on dropping bombs on civilians...

David Jamieson
06-15-2009, 12:17 PM
It do not care about killing animals for fur as long as the animals are in plentiful supply and have a fairy decent death. I think skinning any animal ALIVE is somewhat below the belt, and you're really proving your own ignorance if you were to cast it off as 'hype'.

I travelled all across China for 6 months at the age of 18 without knowing the language and without a guide of any sort, on return I learn't to speak Mandarin, I dedicated the last 3 years to Kung Fu and Tea ceremony and read pretty much every book on Buddhism I could get my hands on...but yea I 'totally hate the Chinese'...

No, I do not hate Chinese people. Its rather the fact that with experience comes true knowledge and understanding, an understanding that has eventually brought me to the conclusion that China is far from what it appears. I spent such a long time with a stupid romantic notion of China, and it is only with time that I have seen how far it is from this. That video ****es me off not because I hate China, but because I do in fact love China. Its yet another thing that reminds me how inhumane and corrupt the country can be.

I am not going to sit here arguing, I have neither the time or interest in arguing with a 45 year old man, let alone one who argues on every thread he posts on.

The petition is there, sign it if you will.

oh and bawang - cao ni ma back at'cha

BoulderDawg - too true

you dropped the turd here.
not me.

I don't care if you lived there since boyhood, you make a lot of excuses for what amounts to poor sourcing, emotional knee jerking and racial hatred based on that.

I'm not arguing with you either, I'm pointing out what an absurd post you have made that is pretty much baseless and dead ends at the source you brought it from.

You don't come across as much else besides someone who is irrational, hateful, ignorant and incapable of arguing their point anyway.

good day to you too. :)

David Jamieson
06-15-2009, 12:28 PM
also, reading your last comments, you seem ageist as well. As if being a 45 year old man makes me bad or something. lol

maybe you should seek out someone to help you get over your anger issues or something.

monkeyfoot
06-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Its great watching you try to provoke a response, please keep wasting your time, it amuses me.

David Jamieson
06-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Its great watching you try to provoke a response, please keep wasting your time, it amuses me.

I've already provoked your response there professor. :rolleyes:

Mas Judt
06-15-2009, 01:37 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/15/...est/index.html

David Jamieson
06-15-2009, 01:44 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/15/...est/index.html

returns a 404 mas...
but I'm gonna assume it's about the lead story on the kid who killed and skinned cats then posed them in miami?

Kansuke
06-15-2009, 03:09 PM

Its absolutely HIDEOUS behaviour. More and more I am coming closer to hating Chinas ways, which is a complete irony as I am fascinated by many aspects of their culture. Seeing this sort of treatment to animals makes me want to quit Kung Fu and quit anything else that promotes this sick country.

www.animalsaviours.org

Wow, you'll have to steer clear of TKD as well.

Kansuke
06-15-2009, 03:10 PM
I love how you just classified myself and 1.3 billion other people into "evil people, wolf in sheep's clothing."

Yeah, in your case it's just a coincidence.

Dog's not too bad depending on how it's prepared.

Kansuke
06-15-2009, 03:19 PM
It do not care about killing animals for fur as long as the animals are in plentiful supply and have a fairy decent death.

What exactly is a fairy death? Choking on pixie dust or something?

Kansuke
06-15-2009, 03:23 PM
I travelled all across China for 6 months at the age of 18 without knowing the language and without a guide of any sort, on return I learn't to speak Mandarin

You didn't learn Mandarin in 6 months. You "learn't" some phrases and felt far more fluent than you were.

Mas Judt
06-15-2009, 04:14 PM
returns a 404 mas...
but I'm gonna assume it's about the lead story on the kid who killed and skinned cats then posed them in miami?

Yep. I guess now is the moment to talk about how all kids in Miami s@ck?

Mas Judt
06-15-2009, 04:16 PM
What exactly is a fairy death? Choking on pixie dust or something?

I believe it is death by defenestration. Or Undugo or something like that. Either way, something I'd like to avoid.

YouKnowWho
06-15-2009, 06:59 PM
If you are not vegeterian, you may be hypocrite to think that pig or cow may have more right to live than dog. How many lifes that we have just killed by hiring a bugs control guy to spray our house. Oneday a guy told me that even plant will have as much right to live as animal.

sanjuro_ronin
06-16-2009, 05:47 AM
If you are not vegeterian, you may be hypocrite to think that pig or cow may have more right to live than dog. How many lifes that we have just killed by hiring a bugs control guy to spray our house. Oneday a guy told me that even plant will have as much right to live as animal.

I think the issue was the skinning the dogs a live to get their fur, not the actual eating of dog.

monkeyfoot
06-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Its nothing about 'the right to live'...Its about skinning an animal alive!

You didn't learn Mandarin in 6 months. You "learn't" some phrases and felt far more fluent than you were.

You're right, I didn't learn Mandarin in 6 months, and if you'll re-read my post I didn't actually say that. However I did say 'on return'....meaning 'when I returned home' I learn't to speak Mandarin!!! You idiot!

Lol, another great example of people skim reading :rolleyes:

sanjuro_ronin
06-16-2009, 06:03 AM
Its nothing about 'the right to live'...Its about skinning an animal alive!

You're right, I didn't learn Mandarin in 6 months, and if you'll re-read my post I didn't actually say that. However I did say 'on return'....meaning 'when I returned home' I learn't to speak Mandarin!!! You idiot!

Lol, another great example of people skim reading :rolleyes:

While it is quite commendable what you are trying to do, even if they way you are doing it is counter-productive because of your attitude.
I do know that many nations already have these regulations set up, the issue is trying to not only enforce them but to prove that the fur on toys and apparel is animal fur from a skinned animal and not synthetic or fur from a dead animal.
How do you suggest a government goes about doing that?

David Jamieson
06-16-2009, 06:32 AM
While it is quite commendable what you are trying to do, even if they way you are doing it is counter-productive because of your attitude.
I do know that many nations already have these regulations set up, the issue is trying to not only enforce them but to prove that the fur on toys and apparel is animal fur from a skinned animal and not synthetic or fur from a dead animal.
How do you suggest a government goes about doing that?

imo, there is nothing commendable about what s/he is trying to do.

s/he is pulling an unsourced and unfounded article from an animal activist site that gives no places, names or dates and makes what is tantamount to a spurious claim about this activity.

could it be happening? I don't know. Maybe it did for that film, but how old is it? how do we know the situation hasn't been rectified.

this person is just stirring **** as if it was truth. Then adding in hateful and racist phrases which is what appears to be his/her actual agenda, IE: let's hate on the chinese because of : 'pick a reason'.

if s/he can't take the care to find out what is real, then this kind of post is just dangerous hate mongering, is not admirable and instead is irresponsible and juvenile in intention and in content.

I don't care for animal abuse. I live with a dog and 3 cats and I really like them. They are to me, my little friends. And even to me this post is garbage.

signing petitions and putting bumper stickers on your car is not activism. :mad:

WinterPalm
06-16-2009, 06:33 AM
Come to North America and visit a beef or chicken factory if you want to see a brutal lack of animal rights...don't even have to go to big bad China.

BoulderDawg
06-16-2009, 08:19 AM
I don't see any attitude here. I see someone expressing their honest opinion based on observation. I don't have any problem with that at all.

I'm surprised no one talks about the attitude of the people attacking this guy. We had one guy who is apparently Chinese but has an avater of a black guy that looks a little like something you would see in an old Amos n Andy show that told the guy to "F his mother". Then we had another guy that decided to attack using his grammer and spelling.

Talk about attitude.

sanjuro_ronin
06-16-2009, 08:56 AM

s/he is pulling an unsourced and unfounded article from an animal activist site that gives no places, names or dates and makes what is tantamount to a spurious claim about this activity.

could it be happening? I don't know. Maybe it did for that film, but how old is it? how do we know the situation hasn't been rectified.

this person is just stirring **** as if it was truth. Then adding in hateful and racist phrases which is what appears to be his/her actual agenda, IE: let's hate on the chinese because of : 'pick a reason'.

if s/he can't take the care to find out what is real, then this kind of post is just dangerous hate mongering, is not admirable and instead is irresponsible and juvenile in intention and in content.

I don't care for animal abuse. I live with a dog and 3 cats and I really like them. They are to me, my little friends. And even to me this post is garbage.

signing petitions and putting bumper stickers on your car is not activism. :mad:

You make a valid point.
I saw some live snake skining while in Macao, but that was it.
I know that dog is a source of food and I am fine with that, not my place to judge another's culture.
You are correct about the site not really giving up much info and, like I mentioned, almost every country has regulations already in place over things like this.

monkeyfoot
06-17-2009, 06:18 AM

Beyond saying that I am not racist/hate mongering there is not much else I can do. If you choose not believe me then the problem is actually with you, not me.

I do agree that there are no sources/dates/places on that site, but my opinion is not based exclusively on that video. From my own experience, I found that animals were not given the same respect as they are in the west. I regularly saw people (particularly in the poorer/rural areas of Henen) handle and treat animals like worthless pieces of crap. So all I have done is form an opinion based on my own personal observations.

I feel sorry for you David, I am not a horrible racist guy, but you choose to stick to your opinion regardless of what I say. Are you not the one full of hate...the very thing you are criticizng me for?

David Jamieson
06-17-2009, 06:38 AM
Beyond saying that I am not racist/hate mongering there is not much else I can do. If you choose not believe me then the problem is actually with you, not me.

I do agree that there are no sources/dates/places on that site, but my opinion is not based exclusively on that video. From my own experience, I found that animals were not given the same respect as they are in the west. I regularly saw people (particularly in the poorer/rural areas of Henen) handle and treat animals like worthless pieces of crap. So all I have done is form an opinion based on my own personal observations.

I feel sorry for you David, I am not a horrible racist guy, but you choose to stick to your opinion regardless of what I say. Are you not the one full of hate...the very thing you are criticizng me for?

you feel sorry for me? why? you have made the erroneous assumptions, you can't recognize when your head is in your own ass.

I'd feel sorry for you, but I don't have time. I do have time to point out the egregiousness of your post though.

You've formed an opinion based on propaganda. You are being culturally elitist and your blanket statement regarding the chinese peoples is demonstrative of your racist attitudes.

It can't be helped that you are incapable of seeing the truth of that. that's cool, there are more than you who are deeply ignorant of the world.

regards

B-Rad
06-17-2009, 08:26 AM
Here in the U.S. foxes are killed by anal electrocution after being fed dead cast off chickens that were suffocated after being shipped in packed in crates. I'll try to ignore the horrible racist tone of the original post mostly because it's irrelevant to the actual issue of animal cruelty. Also, I'm going to send an email asking how their funds are spent and whether they also target animal cruelty here at home (like the inhumane treatment of foxes, cows, chickens, etc.).

As for signing the online petition, those things are often a complete waste of time, especially when it concerns foreign governments. It's often just a feel good form of activism that lets someone feel as if they're making a difference without actually making any real contribution of value to the cause.

Hitman
06-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Hi monkeyfoot,
Your approach about signing a competition will not work, because as long as there is money to be make, people will always do evil things. If you really wanted to stop those people skinning dogs and selling dog meat. Then the solution is very simple - all you have to do is to find those people jobs that will pay them more money than what they are earning now. You also use peaceful ways to convince those meat eaters into becoming vegetarians for rest of their lives. This way you will make a lot of friends. You will also make a lot of people rich and happy.

Here are some things for you to think about.
1) Seal hunting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_hunting

http://www.stopthesealhunt.co.uk/site/c.ltJWJaMOIqE/b.2610359/k.BF29/Home.htm

2) elephant hunting

http://www.livescience.com/animals/070402_elephant_deaths.html

3) selling snake meat

http://www.redorbit.com/news/oddities/303567/man_suspected_of_trying_to_sell_snake_meat/

4) Cat meat for sale Georgia, Atlantis and this:

http://mitchieville.com/9664/the-canadian-cat-meat-marketing-board/

BoulderDawg
06-17-2009, 11:32 AM
If you really wanted to stop those people skinning dogs and selling dog meat.

:D

I give up. Both Monkeyfoot and I have tried to explain what is being talked about here. In fact there are at least 3-4 posts that make it perfectly clear we are not talking about slaughter for food.

I guess at some point you just have to throw up you hands and know some people just won't get it.

However there is grains of truth in his statement. If you could get a job in China that would pay you enough to feed yourself and your family and keep a roof over your head then things like animal cruelity for profit would be easier to prevent.

Lucas
06-17-2009, 01:04 PM
from my perspective, it seems some people are just barely missing each other.

people talking about the slaughter of certain animals for food are not talking about the killing per se, but the treatment up until the moment of slaughter.

which if anyone even partially opens one eye, can see how in humane we are to our live stock in most places in the USA.

If you dont know the conditions in which we force many animals to live in and the treatment they recieve in america, time to go do some homework.

its not east vs west.

this ' treatment of animals in the west is far better' crap is total bs and we all know it.

doesnt matter WHAT the animal is being kept for. Food, Pet, Protection, Services, Breeding, etc.

inhumane treatment is inhumane treatment.

is skinning animals alive for fur horrible? of course. is it any more horrible than the conditions millions of animals in the USA are subjected to on a daily basis? I sure dont think so. If you respect life, its all life, not just some cute little kitty cats.

Drake
06-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Good luck reversing hundreds, if not thousands of years of tradition.

David Jamieson
06-17-2009, 01:44 PM

I give up. Both Monkeyfoot and I have tried to explain what is being talked about here. In fact there are at least 3-4 posts that make it perfectly clear we are not talking about slaughter for food.

I guess at some point you just have to throw up you hands and know some people just won't get it.

However there is grains of truth in his statement. If you could get a job in China that would pay you enough to feed yourself and your family and keep a roof over your head then things like animal cruelity for profit would be easier to prevent.

Yes, we understand and can see that you can't get your head around it that it is a larger issue and that you and your pal are hypocrites and level empty and baseless accusations at an entire nation and people.

It just makes it worse that you try to drag it back to some useless point of minutia about fur vs food.

So, let's keep it simple.

Where does this occur?
When did it occur?
Why did it occur?
Who is making it occur?
How is it occurring now?

Thanks.
That is all.

Yao Sing
06-17-2009, 03:41 PM
So is it ok to skin dogs alive for food but not for fur? I'm confused. :confused:

Lucas
06-17-2009, 03:57 PM
lets just skin everything alive !!!

Mr Punch
06-17-2009, 08:20 PM
1) Skinning things alive is bad, mmmkay?

2) Does it go on? Probably.

3) Does it matter what culture you're from? No, see (1).

4) Does it mean you can't protest about it because your culture does some horrible things to animals? No, of course not.

5) Even being electrocuted up the arse has gotta be better than being skinned alive. Not that I'd volunteer for either, mind.

6) If you don't eat the animal, and you don't live in an area where it regularly gets to -20, and there are no man-made warm clothing stores around, the fur trade in general is pretty abhorent.

7) Monkeyfoot's phrasing in the first couple of posts was racist, like it or not.

8) Other stuff.

monkeyfoot
06-18-2009, 07:43 AM
Ok a few points I would like to make before I leave this thread forever.

My first post came across racist, I apologize for this and to any one I offended
I am not racist
This thread was about skinning animals alive and that alone
Animals are less respected beings in the east than west (imo)
David Jamesome had a point at first, but your insulting remarks do nothing more than provide ****ing evidence of your own character

good day

SPJ
06-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Dogs are man's best friends.

1. Chinese legends said that there is a heavenly dog some said it is lab and some said it is dalmatian.

He saved his owner's life and did many good deeds, so he was promoted to be a god and stay and guard the south heavenly gate or nan tian men.

2. there was a temple for a dog that swam and rescued his owner and was too tired and drowned himself, It was somewhere in north west coast of Taiwan. I only visited once. There is also a statue and tablet. faithful/loyal dog saved owner.

--

not all people in China or asia eat dogs or use dog furs.

--

3. tibetant mastiff would guard live stock and people of a village against wolf and other predators. tibetant mastiff was revered and loved by Chinese. the highest bidding price or award to own a breed is always going toward tibetant mastiff

--

on and on

:)

BoulderDawg
06-18-2009, 09:06 AM

My first post came across racist, I apologize for this and to any one I offended
I am not racist
David Jamesome had a point at first, but your insulting remarks do nothing more than provide ****ing evidence of your own character

good day

I understood perfectly what you meant and I didn't see any disrespect towards the Chinese people as a whole. Let's say I visit an American city where, during my three day trip, I'm beaten up and robbed and my car is stolen. I'm going to come back and say "F that place man. I hate it and I'm not going back. That does not necessarily mean that I have a problem with the nationality of the people there.

Also, notice that the guy here who was most offended (The one who told you to "F your mother") claims to be Chinese but has a very insulting picture of a black man he uses for his avatar. One just wonders how it would be received by someone used an avatar of picture of a sterotypical insulting image of a Chinese man.

Lucas
06-18-2009, 09:21 AM
i dont think monkeyfoot is racist against chinese people. i do think people are always quick to try and pull that card on people in a controversial topic of conversation.

hes a cma guy, looking at his profile he enjoys thai cooking and chinese martial arts. i dont think he has it out for any asian people.

how many cma nuts hate chinese people? lol

im sure they are out there but i dont think monkeyfoot is one of them.

we all vent sometimes and say things that can be interpreted in a bad light

David Jamieson
06-18-2009, 09:53 AM

I am not racist

good day

you have eloquently revealed your own character here, and your apology is an admission of just how wrong you were to begin with.

I'm ok with who I am whether you think my strong opinions are to your liking or not.

I'll step up, on any day, face to face or in a forum, I use my own Name, I am who I am.

If you don't like your inadequacy to be pointed out, then work on that instead of whining about the person who points it out to you.

Have you changed your wording yet? Have you sourced your material yet?
Or do you just want to whine about how I pointed out what rot you were throwing around as if it were truth? You are still back tracking with your "animals are treated worse in the east" and that is utter crap on a pile of crap.

WEAK.

Lucas
06-18-2009, 09:55 AM
lol dj your always such a hard ass :p

gotta have guys like you around though.

you crack me up man

SPJ
06-18-2009, 10:01 AM
I was told the best chinese writing brush would be made out of wolf hairs.

it was very expensive.

I write with chinese pen brush all the time.

never own a wolf hairs brush pen.

some people would shave the hairs of a recently born infant

and use the hairs from being a fetus first to make a pen brush.

it is used a memory of your birth and mother.

nobody actually use it to write.

so next time if some chinese folks show you the brush pen with an infant hairs.

it meant you are both in very good terms.

b/c he or she showed you the most cherished thing in his or her life or beginning of his of her life.

--

deskin a wolf or cow

yak.

David Jamieson
06-18-2009, 10:11 AM
lol dj your always such a hard ass :p

gotta have guys like you around though.

you crack me up man

I've had my share of canes across the back too and will likely face it again.

That's life man.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

xcakid
06-18-2009, 10:32 AM
**I recognise that this post was worded extremely badly and I do apologize if I offended anyone.**

www.animalsaviours.org

You do know that there are people out there that considers animals in general as food don't ya.

This post just shows ignorance of other peoples culture and an attempt to "make them more like us"

You may find it repulsive cause of the culture you are in, but this is not your culture. Quit imposing your values on them. Live and let live.

:mad:

Behaviours like this really **** me the hell off.

monkeyfoot
06-18-2009, 01:26 PM
You do know that there are people out there that considers animals in general as food don't ya.

This post just shows ignorance of other peoples culture and an attempt to "make them more like us"

You may find it repulsive cause of the culture you are in, but this is not your culture. Quit imposing your values on them. Live and let live.

:mad:

Behaviours like this really **** me the hell off.

OMG another one!!! Please re-read this thread, and understand what we are actually talking about.

Find it repulsive because of the culture I live in?? Are you nuts? We're talking about skinning animals alive and leaving them dying in pain; this has NOTHING to do with coming from a different culture.
In fact, I think you demonstrate YOUR ignorance as you're too stupid to bother reading this thread before posting up your bull-**** irrelevant response!

David. I really do not know what your issue is here and why you still continue to act like an aggressive **** towards me. I have apologized for any misunderstandings, and I will work towards getting more factual information about this video. I don't know if you find it amusing, or get some warped pleasure from criticising EVERYTHING I say, either way its hardly a commendable attitude to adopt.

I'll step up, on any day, face to face or in a forum, I use my own Name, I am who I am.

I think you actually have the anger issues 'mate'. You obviously suffer from some deep issues of inadequacy (perhaps) to the point where you feel you have exert this air of bull**** dominance on other forum members to make yourself feel 'powerful'. Great, but this is the internet...its real life that counts mate :rolleyes:
(And funnily enough someone 2 posts down just commented on this in so many words). Its just reinforcing my opinion that you are one of those losers who sits all day circulating 'his forums' gaining his internet kudos from his other little forum-cronies. LAME! Do you live in the basement of your parents house by any chance?

You are still back tracking with your "animals are treated worse in the east" and that is utter crap on a pile of crap

Yes I am still on with that crap David. I'd be interested to know if you have ever travelled extensively throughout China, or even been there for that matter? Obviously you must have, otherwise you'd have to be pretty stupid to think your 'uninformed' opinion holds any weight in this conversation. That would be ignorance would it not?

Tensei85
06-18-2009, 03:46 PM
You haven't seen the roasted dog for sale on the street corner or the cats (pets) in cages next to the chickens (food) in cages?

Did you ever wonder where the meat in your meals comes from when you can travel around the country and not see a single cow?
:D:D:D

Lol, Dog meat! My personal favorite dog meat hot pot! Awesome :)

Tensei85
06-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Only problem is where I live if you start bbq a dog, before you know it the animal rights activists and the cops get involved. Just for eating a food source, doesn't make much sense. But there are some cute dogs I wouldn't eat either.

On a side note something else worth trying:
蛇羹 - Snake soup, awesome!

David Jamieson
06-19-2009, 04:50 AM
OMG another one!!! Please re-read this thread, and understand what we are actually talking about.

Find it repulsive because of the culture I live in?? Are you nuts? We're talking about skinning animals alive and leaving them dying in pain; this has NOTHING to do with coming from a different culture.
In fact, I think you demonstrate YOUR ignorance as you're too stupid to bother reading this thread before posting up your bull-**** irrelevant response!

David. I really do not know what your issue is here and why you still continue to act like an aggressive **** towards me. I have apologized for any misunderstandings, and I will work towards getting more factual information about this video. I don't know if you find it amusing, or get some warped pleasure from criticising EVERYTHING I say, either way its hardly a commendable attitude to adopt.

I think you actually have the anger issues 'mate'. You obviously suffer from some deep issues of inadequacy (perhaps) to the point where you feel you have exert this air of bull**** dominance on other forum members to make yourself feel 'powerful'. Great, but this is the internet...its real life that counts mate :rolleyes:
(And funnily enough someone 2 posts down just commented on this in so many words). Its just reinforcing my opinion that you are one of those losers who sits all day circulating 'his forums' gaining his internet kudos from his other little forum-cronies. LAME! Do you live in the basement of your parents house by any chance?

Yes I am still on with that crap David. I'd be interested to know if you have ever travelled extensively throughout China, or even been there for that matter? Obviously you must have, otherwise you'd have to be pretty stupid to think your 'uninformed' opinion holds any weight in this conversation. That would be ignorance would it not?

lol, you're a passive aggressive too! wonderful.

You don't understand why I take issue with you? I don't take issue with you. It's what you are posting and what you are saying in your thread. I really don't know you nor do I care who you are.

You are like some stupid cow who can't figure out why people are put off by them when they've just trashed something and stand their dumbly. Oblivious to the harm they cause and the malice they put forth.

forums don't give anyone power over anyone else you idiot. they are places of discourse. You made your statement, I called you ignorant for making it, period. I still think you're ignorant and I think you're an even bigger idiot for continually trying to justify your nonsense and trying to dipsy doodle into the minutia of fur vs food and continuing with your diatribe about how animals are treated worse in the east than in the west.

Crying and whining about what I say to you takes you even further from correcting yourself on the matter.

You are still wrong and what you said is wrong.

Trying to deflect your error into a rant about how badly I've treated you is weak.

:rolleyes:

monkeyfoot
06-19-2009, 11:24 AM
lol, you're a passive aggressive too! wonderful.

You don't understand why I take issue with you? I don't take issue with you. It's what you are posting and what you are saying in your thread. I really don't know you nor do I care who you are.

You are like some stupid cow who can't figure out why people are put off by them when they've just trashed something and stand their dumbly. Oblivious to the harm they cause and the malice they put forth.

forums don't give anyone power over anyone else you idiot. they are places of discourse. You made your statement, I called you ignorant for making it, period. I still think you're ignorant and I think you're an even bigger idiot for continually trying to justify your nonsense and trying to dipsy doodle into the minutia of fur vs food and continuing with your diatribe about how animals are treated worse in the east than in the west.

Crying and whining about what I say to you takes you even further from correcting yourself on the matter.

You are still wrong and what you said is wrong.

Trying to deflect your error into a rant about how badly I've treated you is weak.

Okay. You still have not answered my last question. My statement that animals are viewed in a very different light in China in comparrison to the west is based on my own personal 'real life' observations of the country and the people. I would really like to know what you are basing your argument on?

Drake
06-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Monkeyfoot is right on that last post. They aren't viewed the same as westeners.

sanjuro_ronin
06-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Monkeyfoot is right on that last post. They aren't viewed the same as westeners.

Which ones?

Drake
06-19-2009, 01:43 PM
That culturally, the Chinese don't see animals the same as westerners. And by westerners, I mean modern ones. Us westerners held a similar view of animals not too long ago.

Yao Sing
06-19-2009, 07:19 PM
I remember someone (chinese) telling me that they don't eat just any dog but a special breed of dog used only for food. Other dogs are kept as pets.

So it's not like they're chowing down on poodle and such. It's food dog, not pet dog.

I think it was in Zhengzhou which is where I saw the street corner roast dog. I don't know if they're skinned alive though, didn't ask about that but I do know the snakes is skinned alive before they prepare it.

Mr Punch
06-19-2009, 11:42 PM
That culturally, the Chinese don't see animals the same as westerners.Are you saying that the Chinese (all billion of them) see animals as higher life-forms than Westerners or that we are lower than animals?! :confused: :eek: :D

I sure hope they see us different to animals!

David Jamieson
06-20-2009, 02:58 AM
Okay. You still have not answered my last question. My statement that animals are viewed in a very different light in China in comparrison to the west is based on my own personal 'real life' observations of the country and the people. I would really like to know what you are basing your argument on?

So you've personally been in contact with 1.3 billion people and intimately know their views on the world and animals and what they should be treated like and how they should be used?

fantastic. You just can't get off your racist and myopic horse it seems. speaking of horses, how did you seem them treated there? How about Oxen?

I suggest you just stay away from China and perhaps go find a nice pet fantasy land that would be more suitable to your pollyanna world view.

And now, personal observations, with pics!

1. http://www.ourorient.com/articles/men/pets.htm

2. http://www.daylife.com/photo/05l4eyp5598aj

3. http://www.daylife.com/photo/04bE5ox5DL286

4. http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/08/19/china_pets/

5. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article2182858.ece

Drake
06-20-2009, 07:30 AM
Are you saying that the Chinese (all billion of them) see animals as higher life-forms than Westerners or that we are lower than animals?! :confused: :eek: :D

I sure hope they see us different to animals!

Uh.... no, that's not what I was saying....

Mr Punch
06-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Uh.... no, that's not what I was saying....:confused:

;)