PDA

View Full Version : AAU Chinese Martial Arts Organization National Board

GLW
06-15-2009, 02:17 PM
In keeping with the restructuring of the AAU Chinese Martial Arts Organization (AAU CMA), the National Executive Board (NEB) is now and has been for the past 2 years, a body made up of ELECTED members of the AAU CMA.

According to the bylaws, a third of the NEB seats are up for election each year.

Several of the key positions are opening up later this year and nominations for these positions are open.

To nominate or be nominated, you simply need to be an AAU CMA member.

This organization has done a very large amount of restructuring to become a democratic and representative body for Chinese Martial Arts.

Membership in the AAU CMA does not ever preclude membership or activity in any other organization. In fact, it is about building bridges, promoting Chinese Martial Arts, and developing the Amateur athlete in CMA.

For those interested, feel free to contact Dave Pickens via his school in Roundrock Texas or leave me a message here.

Mas Judt
06-16-2009, 06:49 AM
That's really great. I remember when it started, there were Karate guys running it and all sorts of problems.

David Pickens is a good guy. Anybody actively involved in CMA competition should get involved in this.

GLW
06-17-2009, 08:48 AM
bump.. We REALLY do want people to get involved...

Mas Judt
06-18-2009, 04:54 PM
GLW, OM me and I'll toss some names at you of guys who would probably want to be involved.

I don't have time, but there are folks who would. (just suggestions, not recommendations)

GLW
06-19-2009, 07:49 AM
Sent you a message....thanks for the assist in advance.

GLW
06-22-2009, 03:31 PM
bump to the top