PDA

View Full Version : ChinaToon

GeneChing
06-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Pleasant Goat? That just sounds wrong to me. I've never been that impressed by Chinese animation, and I always thought that it would be something that China could really excel at. China does well with labor intensive arts.

ChinaToon To Amuse Overseas Kids Through Nickelodeon (http://english.cri.cn/7146/2009/06/17/1241s494229.htm)
2009-06-17 20:13:34 CRIENGLISH.com Web Editor: Xu Liuliu
By CRI Reporter Xu Liuliu

Millions of Asian kids will be able to watch the latest original Chinese animations through the Nicklodeon kids channel under Viacom of the U.S., the second world entertainment giant, starting from July 5.

Two acclaimed animation series selected from numerous Chinese cartoons, 'Pleasant Goat' and 'Big Big Wolf and Magic Wonderland' will premiere on ChinaToon, a one-hour-long TV program newly launched by Nicklodeon.

A leading American entertainment brand, Nicklodeon provides 24-hour programming for kids and families. Now it has become the first region-wide platform for Chinese animators to showcase their programming to audiences across 13 regions in Asia.

"Chinese animation is gaining immense popularity and critical recognition internationally. ChinaToon will be the vehicle to bring this unique animation genre to a wider audience. We are proud to introduce ChinaToon and its exciting lineup of Chinese animation programs as new members to Nickelodeon's family of top-rated programs that kids of all ages in Asia love." said Indra Suharjono, Executive Vice President and Managing Director for MTV Networks Southeast Asia and Greater China.

The two debutant Chinese animations are excellent examples of how efforts to nurture the Chinese animation industry has led to success in the development of locally-produced programming. 'Pleasant Goat' and 'Big Big Wolf' created by Creative Power Entertaining Company for audiences aged from 4-9 years old tells the tale of several goats, a snail and their enemy, Big Big Wolf, who covets fresh lamb for his family.

A hit with all ages, the movie of the same name was a box office hit despite the economic downturn. The 6-million-yuan (about 877,000 US dollars) surprise hit made 8 million yuan on its opening day and some 80 million yuan within three weeks.

"I'm so proud to learn that 'Pleasant Goat' and 'Big Big Wolf' will be showing in Southeast Asia through Nickelodeon. Given the success of the feature film in 2008, I'm delighted that children across Asia may share our joy and hope that 'Pleasant Goat' and 'Big Big Wolf' can soon reach other parts of the world, bringing laughter to all." said Mandy Lau, Deputy General Manager of Creative Power Entertaining Company.

More and more excellent Chinese animations like Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf and Magic Wonderland will be showcased on ChinaToon, reaching millions of Asian families in the near future, according to Mei Yan, Managing Director of MTV Networks China.

Shaolinlueb
06-19-2009, 12:30 PM
sounds interesting. looks like the kids of the USA will be learning about how great Chairman Mao is ;)