PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

grasshopper 2.0
06-18-2009, 04:42 PM
hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself as a new member to the forum. I've been practicing wing tsun (Leung Ting -> Kernspecht -> Haenel -> Me) for about 10 years now (on and off). Still love it! Thought it's time to expand the training to the online world. Anyway glad to be here and look forward to the discussion.

Yoshiyahu
06-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Welcome little grasshopper. Kung fu is like a lamp illuminated the way you should go. Follow the straight path grasshopper. But watch out for predators on your way.

Weclome to site...So you been training Ten years...good. You gotta have some skills by now. would love to see a video

Tensei85
06-18-2009, 06:34 PM
Welcome, great to have you here.

grasshopper 2.0
06-18-2009, 06:51 PM
thanks everyone - i appreciate it! haha, i always hesitate when people ask how long i've been doing this for. it seems (to me) that 10 years is perceived to be a long time..i guess it is, but it really won't reflect my skill (it's about the hours you put into that, and by all means, i need more hours).

as for the video..sure...i'll try to dig it up. a rough demo that i put on for the school. is this the norm here - to post vids of ourselves? anyone else care to share?

Tensei85
06-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Personally I'm not to big on vids myself but I guess its a good intro. However it can't fully communicate every dimension or thought process. So for that there's no replacing personal interaction to efficate anything.

grasshopper 2.0
06-18-2009, 08:39 PM
ok so here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCy6ci_MXNs&eurl=http://www.wingtsun.pages.qpg.com/freeselfdefenseclasses.com/id7.html&feature=player_embedded

"Wing Tsun Kung Fu, Open House". It was a "rough" demo put on for new comers - we weren't supposed to do any demo that night but was called last minute. This is just a demo and of course, as posted above, not a real measure of skill but at least, you can see what i look like.

Note that I try to make a point that wing chun doesn't have to look like wing chun. it just has to be functional. It can make your karate, jiu jitsu, aikido, etc better...you don't always have to tan sao punch the bad guy to death...

if you want, pop onto www.wingtsunkungfu.com for more vids and clips of my instructor, Sifu Ralph Haenel.

Would be nice to see your guys' some time in the future!

Hardwork108
06-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Hello Grasshopper,

Good to have you here.:)

As far as putting up videos of yourself goes, it is not the norm here but some people put them up - if sometimes for the wrong reasons;)

AdrianK
06-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Welcome little grasshopper. Kung fu is like a lamp illuminated the way you should go. Follow the straight path grasshopper. But watch out for predators on your way.

You are so full of **** its not even funny anymore.

sanjuro_ronin
06-19-2009, 06:19 AM
hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself as a new member to the forum. I've been practicing wing tsun (Leung Ting -> Kernspecht -> Haenel -> Me) for about 10 years now (on and off). Still love it! Thought it's time to expand the training to the online world. Anyway glad to be here and look forward to the discussion.

Welcome fellow Canuck and as a Canuck, i give to you a sample of our national animal:

Ultimatewingchun
06-19-2009, 08:32 AM
OMG !!! :D

I'm moving to Canada. ;)

grasshopper 2.0
06-19-2009, 11:05 AM
LOL!! Hahah u know something? We do have pretty hot girls up here...where abouts in canada are u from? Me, vancouver.

sanjuro_ronin
06-19-2009, 11:06 AM
LOL!! Hahah u know something? We do have pretty hot girls up here...where abouts in canada are u from? Me, vancouver.

Brampton Ontario, its been ages since I was in the West Coast...

couch
06-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Hey Grasshopper,

I'm from Nova Scotia - originally from Calgary. Welcome to the forum. Keep your wits about you when you're here...LOL. I can count on one hand how many people I trust who post here.

Cheers.

grasshopper 2.0
06-19-2009, 07:47 PM
Nice! will do ;)

did you used to train out in Calgary?

Hardwork108
06-19-2009, 09:33 PM

Hey I hear that Vancouver is one of the best cities in the world to live in. Do you agree with that?

I haven't been there but I have heard very good things about it and of course there is a large Chinese population and that implies the possibility of finding quite a few authentic kung fu schools. :)

Liddel
06-19-2009, 10:23 PM
I can vouch for the hotness of Candian girls...

The old Kiwi accent has been like friggin sexual Dim Mak everytime ive gone back....so im speaking from experience.

I rate BC babes, Calgary coogars and Sa-Snatch-u-an poontang amoungst the most active and functional ladies in the sack LOL :p :D :cool:

DREW

Hardwork108
06-19-2009, 11:01 PM
I rate BC babes, Calgary coogars and Sa-Snatch-u-an poontang amoungst the most active and functional ladies in the sack LOL :p :D :cool:

That may be the reason why Sanjuro ronin lives in Ontario and not BC.:D

Museumtech
06-20-2009, 03:55 AM

The old Kiwi accent has been like friggin sexual Dim Mak everytime ive gone back....so im speaking from experience.

DREW

Haha Drew, That's the first time I've heard a Kiwi accent called sexy.

couch
06-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Nice! will do ;)

did you used to train out in Calgary?

Yes. I lived in Calgary for the first 27 years of my life. I had a good friend who trained in Leung Ting lineage in Calgary before he moved on to Wong Shun Leung method. I was trained in the Moy Yat/Sunny Tang/Joe Boychuk line.

Yoshiyahu
06-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Wow well send me some canda girls...I like to taste em for myself...ha ha...

You make them them sound bery appetitzing....

DREW