PDA

View Full Version : Modern day self defense

Yao Sing
06-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Florida's Castle Doctrine, I love it.

A couple more of these (http://www.wftv.com/news/19798221/detail.html) and home invasions will cease to be a problem.

This happened in the next town over from where I live. So far it's a done deal of self defense and completely legal, no charges against the potential victim.

Anyone disagree?

TenTigers
06-20-2009, 10:35 AM
people should have that law printed on their front door.:D
along with,
"Trespassers found here at night,
will be found here in the morning."

taai gihk yahn
06-20-2009, 11:49 AM
works for me; I am all for restraint, compassion etc.; but someone trying to knock down your door? fuk 'em;

Yao Sing
06-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Of course we do need to keep guns out of the hands of the irresponsible (http://cbs4denver.com/investigates/denver.police.suspension.2.1049330.html).

wetwonder
06-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Unfortunately it's a lose lose. One person is dead, and the other, if has a normal conscious, will eventually become troubled about killing someone and wonder if he really had to do it. If you've never killed someone, it's hard to understand what it feels like.

Tensei85
06-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Unfortunately it's a lose lose. One person is dead, and the other, if has a normal conscious, will eventually become troubled about killing someone and wonder if he really had to do it. If you've never killed someone, it's hard to understand what it feels like.

I agree its sad to see things go down like that. But you have the obligation to protect your family at the same time...

Lee Chiang Po
06-21-2009, 08:51 PM
It is a shame he didn't get the rest of them. Anyone willing to forcefully enter a residence that is occupied is also prepared to inflict injury or death upon the residents. For this reason alone they all needed shooting. Only a few years ago an old man had 2 young men break into his back door and he shot one of them. Didn't kill him, but paralyzed him from mid back down. The other one went to the pen for a few years. Both were armed with sharpened screw drivers. They were prepared to kill him, so it is a shame that he didn't shoot them both. I see the guy that got shot now and then. Real small town. He is always in a wheel chair. I will dump him out on the ground any time I can get away with it.

Hardwork108
06-21-2009, 10:41 PM
Florida's Castle Doctrine, I love it.

A couple more of these (http://www.wftv.com/news/19798221/detail.html) and home invasions will cease to be a problem.

This happened in the next town over from where I live. So far it's a done deal of self defense and completely legal, no charges against the potential victim.

Anyone disagree?

That is a difficult one but it was justified for sure. A moment of hesitation could have meant danger to his life and that of his loved ones.

Actually, I heard recently that some burglars entered a mafia owned house here in Cali (Colombia). This is a nice part of town, while it is very popular with mafiosos and they have lots of properties there. Anyway, apparently they were found out and I hear not one of them made it out alive. Of course, I am not losing any tears over burglars, specially the idiot variety who don't even do their homework.

So far as I know no charges have been pressed.

xcakid
06-22-2009, 09:49 AM
TX have adopted the same Castle Doctorine. I am in full support of it.

It is sad that the gentleman will now live with the guilt of killing another human being, but its better than mourning a loved one cause of some scumbag.

Lucas
06-22-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm in full support. But seeing as how I dont make a habbit of committing forced and armed entry into other peoples homes.....

Hardwork108
06-25-2009, 07:04 PM
TX have adopted the same Castle Doctorine. I am in full support of it.

It is sad that the gentleman will now live with the guilt of killing another human being, but its better than mourning a loved one cause of some scumbag.

Agreed. It is a pity that we live in societies where we may have to make that choice.