PDA

View Full Version : Can We Get JKD out of the MMA section?

CLFMan
07-02-2009, 04:17 AM
Can we get a JKD specific section here? MMA is way too popular and dominates discussion which is fine but MMA should be on its own.

I know....JKD is the forefather of MMA bla bla bla........

MasterKiller
07-02-2009, 06:05 AM
Actually, no one ever posted in the JKD section, so we usurped it.

GreenCloudCLF
07-02-2009, 09:00 AM
That's because JKD is obsolete.

GeneChing
07-02-2009, 09:26 AM
...technically, we should put the hybrid (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50571) thread here too. Our definition currently stands at "The family of new hybrid martial arts ranging from Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do to Brazilian Jujitsu and other styles spotlighted in No-Holds Barred matches." Hmm, perhaps I should update NHB since no one says that anymore. But truth be told, it's really moot, CLFMan. We haven't seen many JKD posts here in ages, so why even care about it? That being said, I've just accepted a JKD piece for Kung Fu Tai Chi (http://www.martialartsmart.net/Kungfu_Magazine.html). ;)

lkfmdc
07-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Bruce Lee sux, get over it... :D

come on, there is so little going on here, how about a flame war ;)

MightyB
07-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Bruce Lee sux, get over it... :D

come on, there is so little going on here, how about a flame war ;)

Careful

Typing, thinking, writing, speaking anything relating to the late mister BL and his "style" constitutes some type of royalty and trademark infringement. Even imagining his likeness may constitute grounds for a lawsuit. Someone from the estate and the other publishing company will be contacting you shortly... :rolleyes:

lkfmdc
07-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Careful

Typing, thinking, writing, speaking anything relating to the late mister BL and his "style" constitutes some type of royalty and trademark infringement. Even imagining his likeness may constitute grounds for a lawsuit. Someone from the estate and the other publishing company will be contacting you shortly... :rolleyes:

what about throwing darts at his picture? is that protected under the "national monument act" or something?

Yoshiyahu
07-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Many JKD and MMA guys have a weak foundation. For the ring they are great. But in actual street fighting they lack some basic essentials.

I feel all MMA guys and JKD guys could benefit great by learning a Traditional Chinese Boxing System. Since this was BL foundatin to where JKD sprang forth.

Right now MMA is the new hype in 2010 it will be something different. MMA will be just TKD and Karate after awhile. It will be simply older arts. The new hip thing will be sweeping the nation.

Pretty soon there will be a new system of fighting defeating western fighting.

But if your a westerner and can make kick boxing, wrestlering and boxing work for you than you will be a good fighter.