PDA

View Full Version : Wong Shun Leung VT NYC New regular class wed eve's

k gledhill
07-02-2009, 11:23 AM
I am starting regular Wed. eve. classes again after a long search for a studio. Classes will be starting in 2 weeks from next wed. so enrollment is starting now.
6-8pm Wed eves, Interested students please send me an email through my site or wslnyc@earthlink.net (wslnyc@earthlink.net) for more info, thanks

Sifu K Gledhill
WSLVT

Have a happy 4th of July :D

Phil Redmond
07-03-2009, 05:00 AM
I am starting regular Wed. eve. classes again after a long search for a studio. Classes will be starting in 2 weeks from next wed. so enrollment is starting now.
6-8pm Wed eves, Interested students please send me an email through my site or wslnyc@earthlink.net (wslnyc@earthlink.net) for more info, thanks

Sifu K Gledhill
WSLVT

Have a happy 4th of July :D
Congrats on your new class. I have a class in Columbus Park on Sat. afternoons. Hopefully we can meet in Chinatown and have Dim Sum on Sat. Good luck
Phil

rimam1
07-06-2009, 11:02 AM
You know of any good WSL Wing Chun schools in Chicago? I found one guy and they seem pretty good but I'm looking for other recommendations. We have some Augustine Fong, Boztepe/Leung Ting, and Ho Kam Ming guys too.

WSL just resonates with me though.

k gledhill
07-06-2009, 04:49 PM
not off hand sorry... Try contacting Gary Lam in Cali, maybe he knows , not this wed but next wed 6-8 pm

LSWCTN1
07-10-2009, 02:59 AM
You know of any good WSL Wing Chun schools in Chicago? I found one guy and they seem pretty good but I'm looking for other recommendations. We have some Augustine Fong, Boztepe/Leung Ting, and Ho Kam Ming guys too.

there is one that i know of - Im sure that is where Youseff Siddiqi (sp?) teaches

i dont know how public his classes are, or how hard to find he might be. i have heard some very good things about him though

his youtube tag is ysiddiqi i believe - he posts most of the Michael Louison videos

sorry for hijacking the thread :o

k gledhill
07-10-2009, 05:45 AM
Starts Next Wed eve 64 East 4th st [ btwn. 2&3 ave ] 4th floor 6pm - 7:30pm

rogerclf1
07-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Check out Ng family martial arts in chinatown. I have been a student there for about four years and both programs, (ving tsun and Choy lay fut) are top notch. You should definitely check them out. PM me if you have any questions.

rogerclf1
07-12-2009, 01:54 PM
By the way, I forgot to put it in the last post, at Ng family the Ving Tsun is WSL.

k gledhill
07-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks your welcome to stop by anytime , wed will be our first night at the new school...

64 east 4th st 4th floor... My teacher Philipp Bayer was a direct student of WSL ....

Just a BTW , Some students and I got together over the weekend with a student of Philipps who runs a WSL school in Holland, we covered sparring, entry stepping/cutting drills, drills for making facing /sparring improve..pole form , knife , dummy, along with drills for the 2 methods of most common attacking entry...Students of Philipps come over often from Europe.

k gledhill
07-16-2009, 01:09 PM
There is some training space opening up at the new venue , a guy is leaving so lots of time is going to opening up for other martial art schools just a heads up to VT :D

RGVWingChun
07-17-2009, 01:35 AM

IP Ching has a student in Chicago....Sifu Matt Johnson of the Ving Tsun Self Defense Academy.... www.mjwingchun.org. Might wanna check him out too.

Moses

k gledhill
07-19-2009, 08:45 PM
I met and did some chi-sao with Ip ching, nice guy, very friendly if you visit HK too.

k gledhill
07-24-2009, 05:11 PM
I will be bringing my Dummy to class in the next few weeks , and some poles for form work. I got my dummy from a gentleman in NYC Chinatown. It is made by Koo Sang (rip)
A student of GM Y Man. Theres a story there, but another time.

Phil Redmond
07-24-2009, 08:25 PM
I will be bringing my Dummy to class in the next few weeks , and some poles for form work. I got my dummy from a gentleman in NYC Chinatown. It is made by Koo Sang (rip)
A student of GM Y Man. Theres a story there, but another time.
Wow, I have two Koo Sang dummies. I've heard they are worth a few thousand dollars since they are so rare. I also studied with Sifu Alan Lamb who was a student of Koo Sang.

Phil Redmond
07-24-2009, 08:52 PM
I'll be leaving a portable PVC dummy there. You are welcome to use it just in case you decide not to leave your "valuable" Koo Sang dummy there. Here's a pic of it.

k gledhill
07-25-2009, 08:49 AM
I will leave it there but it will be attached to a frame making it pretty solid :D

thanks for the dummy offer, if and when I get set up I will do the same .

Good luck with your new class Sat.

Phil Redmond
07-31-2009, 11:32 AM
I will leave it there but it will be attached to a frame making it pretty solid :D

thanks for the dummy offer, if and when I get set up I will do the same .

Good luck with your new class Sat.
Thx and please chk ur pm

k gledhill
08-19-2009, 06:13 AM
BTW I am able to do private lessons , call for available times slots.
kg

k gledhill
10-21-2009, 10:17 PM
All time slots gone !

k gledhill
12-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Happy holidays to all ! no class this wed ...BTW I turn 50 years old next week...
the old man of vt :eek: I started at a youthful 24 yr...:D