PDA

View Full Version : Come on feel the noize !

tanglangman
04-05-2001, 01:16 PM
When I have seen forms performed in other styles I notice that they make noises like "Ha" and "ssss". Do any mantis branches do this? From what I have seen they don't, admittidly I haven't seen that many though. Does any one know why this is not the case in Mantis (I am assuming that it isn't based on what I have seen)?

kalender
04-06-2001, 03:15 AM
In Wah Lum we have a sound ...Yee.It expells old air in the lungs.

Ego_Extrodinaire
04-06-2001, 06:52 AM
Every wondered why snke stylist make the hissing sounds like a snake when their hands dart thru the air?

An old sifu used to speak in cantonese but no one in the US understood him. So he mouthed the words and had it translated into english as his hands hissed thru the air!

Wat noises do mantis make?

Maximus Materialize!

joedoe
04-06-2001, 10:16 AM
Hello Ego Maximus. How is your wheelchair?

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

8stepsifu
04-06-2001, 09:00 PM
no sounds normally, only a huh that works like a kiai. Like heng and ha in tai chi.

For the most part, no, I never do, I don't know anyone else that does.

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?

share kung fu vids....www.imesh.com

Ego_Extrodinaire
04-08-2001, 02:07 PM
ABandit

Harsh but true, I'm a spastic in a wheel chair and a master of Southern Mantis. Hard to say which is worse.

The sounds my students make are Bork (The sound when their hands hit the slab of blue stone) Choy (a sware word in cantonese because it hurts).

As for me I slowly creep up on to my opponents in my motorized wheel chair and deliver my deadly blows. It runs on a small electric motor and doesn't make much noise.

Maximus Materialize!

cha kuen
04-09-2001, 07:11 PM
All styles should make some noise. This is a noise from the diaphram. (sp?)

Once your internal aspects are good and you can generate chi from your tan tien, the exhaling noise happens naturally. If you do movements without exhaling you can severly injure yourself.

But it seems true that southern styles like clf and hung gar utilize it more.

Prairie
04-09-2001, 10:59 PM
Do groans count when you feel like your legs and hips are going to break?

katrina_stearns
04-10-2001, 05:06 PM
Prairie

From my experience it doesn't matter what style of ****ty kung fu they practice. They'll all groan in pain from the lashes of Ms Stearns.

What stance do you call it when a masters kneels at the mercy of Ms Stearns and begs. it is happeing so often that kungfu men like you should give it a name.

Submit to me. I know you want to.