PDA

View Full Version : Does Praying Mantis Need You ?

seung ga faat
04-07-2001, 08:04 PM
Is Praying Mantis better off with you in the style and if so why ? Be prepared to defend your answer and feel free to name someone else if it is neccessary.

Thanx, Sifu Othal Thomas

8stepsifu
04-07-2001, 08:18 PM
Being the 27th incarnation of coolness, Praying Mantis Kung Fu needs me very much.

I'm like a little bee pollinating PM kung fu from generation to generation. Promoting it, teaching it, developing public awareness of our system. No it's not karate, not TKD, it's praying mantis kung fu. And now, they listen. I set up flyers that didn't even say kung fu, just eight step preying mantis. No one has any doubt as to what style I teach.

My uniform has a big golden mantis on the back, I wear it to class and a group of guys were looking at me funny, then realized it was for kung fu, one of them had heard of PM kung fu and said, "Yeah, praying mantis is for real, thats some serious stuff." **** strait, I also wear mantis shirts, have bumper stickers, stickers, just about everything I can without making it ****y. I'm also not a weirdo, which helps the system when people see that normal people are doing it and not just the dungeons and dragon folks. (no offense and please don't curse me...thanx)

every student that is happy and fired up is great for praying mantis kung fu. The system needs us all to remain immortal.

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?

share kung fu vids....www.imesh.com

woliveri
04-07-2001, 09:39 PM
Yeah, but do you have two antenna coming out of you head? :D

There is no spoon. "The Matrix"
There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. "The Matrix"

joedoe
04-08-2001, 01:12 AM
No it doesn't need me. I don't do mantis and it appears to be doing just fine without me :D

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

Lost_Disciple
04-09-2001, 06:35 AM
Definitely not yet.

I haven't lived in one place long enough, in order to learn enough information to even form a foundation.

I haven't practised hard enough or often enough to make the movements second nature.

I haven't opened my mind enough to take full advantage of what i've already been taught.

I'm unworthy of the teachings being taught, in every way; and I'm sure it will be that way for a loooong time, if not my whole life.....but it still doesn't mean I don't want to try. :D

On a side note, i should find out if I'm working in Baltimore by the end of the month. I should graduate at the end of August. So pretty soon, I should be able to end this limbo I'm in: not knowing where I'm going to end up, where I'm going to train, what style, and under whose instruction. The smart thing to do would be to practise what I already know, so my body and my mind stay somewhat conditioned and allow me to more easily re-integrate into kung fu life. Unfortunately, I'm a lazy human and have a hard time doing the right thing. Sorry for cluttering up the board