PDA

View Full Version : Barnett vs. Fedor - and other things

Ultimatewingchun
07-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Check out this terrific (and sometimes hilarious!) recent interview with Josh Barnett.

http://thefightnerd.com/?p=610

Mr Punch
07-09-2009, 06:20 AM
That bloke's pretty funny! :D

When's the fight?

EDIT: forget it, I'm being lazy cos I've got work to do: I'll look it up! :D

Ultimatewingchun
07-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Fedor will probably win. That said, Barnett does have a chance. Here's why:

Josh Barnett can wrestle/grapple with anybody, and on his best days he's capable of subbing even the best in the game. Don't forget, in the first fight with Nog it was the bell that saved Nog from the kneebar. And Nog is Nog.

The bigger question is the standup. If Josh brings his A wrestling game, and enough standup to get a takedown that's ends with an advantage, he's got a good chance of beating Fedor.

If not, forget it.

So the fight will be determined in the standup, imo, and as it stands right now, the odds are that Fedor will prevail. His punching attacks actually remind me a bit of Rocky Marciano, and that's saying a lot. Unorthodox, looping punches coming from just about anywhere, but extremely powerful and dangerous bombs.

Let me put it another way: Josh has to fight the standup fight of his life in order to get the win; not that he'll knock Fedor out with it, but it will be what gets the fight to the ground and Josh on top. That's the only way I see him winning.