PDA

View Full Version : The art of Boomerang --- SLT

Hendrik
07-03-2009, 06:53 PM
I have a day dream today,

SLT is the art of V.

In the ancient china, the SLT power DNA is a sickle type of power, the power which cuts both sides and both forward and backward direction. the strike appear straight but it is spiraling.

In today's language, SLT trains boomerang type of 3D force vectors trajectory. it is a spinning boomerang which is always balance and dynamically flow.

Like a boomerang, as simple as boomerang's V structure, mechanics and dynamics, In operation, it hits its target which is within its flow path with any part of its blade; and that is the famous Inch power of WCK ---- any part of the body can issue power at its touch point...--- non premeditative but totally sense based.

Todays, some says SLT is an art of hammer and nail, some said it is an art of pole, some said it is the art of knive..........
but people no longer remember it is an art of sickle or boomerang.

Well, I share with you my day dream.

enjoy this boomerang clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqsnAgw3wQU&feature=related

it is up to you to ignore it or believe it.. hahaha
But I have shared my secret /day dream

Can your YJKYM support a boomerang power?
can your structure become dynamic and transform you to be a boomerang?
Is it still exist a SLT which could turn into a boomerang?
Those are good questions for those who love to day-dream and might get lucky.

tigershorty
07-03-2009, 11:00 PM
i think it's easy and common to try and compare body structure to non-human things.

even tho wing chun may have what some to consider animal shapes like fuk-sao, its only because it resembles something like a beak, when actually, its just a human hand making an anatomically effective shape that looks like a lot of other things.

SLT to me is not a boomerang, a hamme a nail, a pole or knife. (even tho someone may have gotten the idea of a concept from these things, it only makes sense to keep the human body a human body..not a tiger, or a hammer or a boomerang.

Chango
07-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Hey let the man have his boomerang!!!

If that's how he wants to express it!!!

My kung fu is more tech 9 ish!!! LOL! ;)

Phil Redmond
07-04-2009, 06:18 AM
i think it's easy and common to try and compare body structure to non-human things.

even tho wing chun may have what some to consider animal shapes like fuk-sao, its only because it resembles something like a beak, when actually, its just a human hand making an anatomically effective shape that looks like a lot of other things.

SLT to me is not a boomerang, a hamme a nail, a pole or knife. (even tho someone may have gotten the idea of a concept from these things, it only makes sense to keep the human body a human body..not a tiger, or a hammer or a boomerang.
The character for fuhk (fuk) is a composite of man and dog. It's a man standing over/controling a dog. Fuhk means to control/subdue. If you've ever seen two dogs fight you may notice how they use their paws in the "fuhk" shape to control/subdue the other dog's neck/head.

tigershorty
07-04-2009, 01:03 PM
the fuk sao is commonly described as a crane's beak and was meant as example.

your comment proves the point, however, that a shape can look like a lot of things to several people. doesn't mean that's what it's trying to copy, only used to describe. when trying to copy something, it may not work for the sake of copying.

Chango
07-05-2009, 02:46 AM
Phil,

I have heard that before and found it very fascinating! It's funny how the charecters relate directly to the meaning! Those who are not familiar with this can miss so much. I think this speaks to the nature of the fuhk sau as well!

k gledhill
07-05-2009, 08:36 AM
I have a day dream today,

SLT is the art of V.

In the ancient china, the SLT power DNA is a sickle type of power, the power which cuts both sides and both forward and backward direction. the strike appear straight but it is spiraling.

In today's language, SLT trains boomerang type of 3D force vectors trajectory. it is a spinning boomerang which is always balance and dynamically flow.

Like a boomerang, as simple as boomerang's V structure, mechanics and dynamics, In operation, it hits its target which is within its flow path with any part of its blade; and that is the famous Inch power of WCK ---- any part of the body can issue power at its touch point...--- non premeditative but totally sense based.

Todays, some says SLT is an art of hammer and nail, some said it is an art of pole, some said it is the art of knive..........
but people no longer remember it is an art of sickle or boomerang.

Well, I share with you my day dream.

enjoy this boomerang clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqsnAgw3wQU&feature=related

it is up to you to ignore it or believe it.. hahaha
But I have shared my secret /day dream

Can your YJKYM support a boomerang power?
can your structure become dynamic and transform you to be a boomerang?
Is it still exist a SLT which could turn into a boomerang?
Those are good questions for those who love to day-dream and might get lucky.

Hendrik you should be working on the 'Force' not boomerang's , let the force be with you my friend ; )

Hendrik
07-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Hendrik you should be working on the 'Force' not boomerang's , let the force be with you my friend ; )

Force has different type and I love a boomerang type.

Hendrik
07-05-2009, 04:22 PM
From Miss Wing Chun to Terence who have never seen the Boomerang retrograde mechanics; :D

Nope, WCK's signature is not push pressing forward to the centerline but Retrograde Sickling into the center line..

Thus, it is a six directional force vectors resultant balancing in a 3 D space instead of single direction force such as in other arts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Apparent_retrograde_motion_of_Mars_in_2003.gi f

New right?
nope,
what do you think the Ngoi Lin and Noi Lin cyclic / sickling/ boomeranging is for .... but, now it is missing the power generation part.... hahahaha

Who like to use the following beat for practice SLT/CK/BJ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAAeHKOrC10&feature=related

I must be daydream again. But then I might just having a time travel back from there.....
Well, enough Wing Chun code for the future generation. :D

get your retrograde back and they will have a very difficult time to take you down.

Phil Redmond
07-05-2009, 05:00 PM

your comment proves the point, however, that a shape can look like a lot of things to several people. doesn't mean that's what it's trying to copy, only used to describe. when trying to copy something, it may not work for the sake of copying.
I've studied for 4 of YM's students since the 70's plus some other WC Sifus from Yip Man's lineage and from non-YM lineages. I've never heard of the fuhk being described as a crane's beak. I did learn Crane's beak when I studied Fu Jow Pai and Hung Ga though. But the fuhk is different.

Phil Redmond
07-05-2009, 05:03 PM

I learned Cantonese in college so that I wouldn't get confused with regards to WC's Chinese terms. Some people will even say the Tan Sao means palm up block. It doesn't. I've studied for 4 of YM's students since the 70's plus some other WC Sifus from Yip Man's lineage and from non-YM lineages. I've never heard of the fuhk being described as a crane's beak. I did learn Crane's beak when I studied Fu Jow Pai and Hung Ga though. But the fuhk is different.

k gledhill
07-05-2009, 06:42 PM
tan is nothing to do with the palm, fok is neutral neither jum or tan its a nothing hand :D a neutral position along the line for training talk , after striking one does a fook sao to retract back to a neutral position in chi-sao simple, no stimulus to be a tan or a jum , jut etc...relax and fok around a while :D
No energy hand to take energy out of the wrists in training ...when the hand comes back from vu sao in SLT it turns to fok sao it drops limp with no force at the wrists, the concentration is to push the elbow out not to focus on the wist/s, only the positions of the wrists along the centerline and the elbows being close to the centerline in an acute angle.
This in turn makes the forearms straighter than normal and allows the practitioner to not us force against force in lateral blocking tan actions etc....with turning stances :o
rather the man sao is the lead and simply fires using tan/jum force along the line whie the rear hand becomes the leads opposite..example tan follows jum or jum follows tan, it only matters what side the fight is on ...the line stays at your center and your arms fire along the line , either you shift and turn like a fighter to gain an optimal position or create one ...
Yip Man " let your opponent show you what to do "

t_niehoff
07-06-2009, 05:32 AM
From my perspective metaphors like boomerang or hammer-nail or whatever aren't particularly helpful. I think we'd do better to dispense with the metaphors and just talk about things as they really are, talk about what you are really doing or trying to do, how things really work, etc. instead of coming up with concepts that only add layers of obfuscation to reality.

Ultimatewingchun
07-06-2009, 05:39 AM
Moy Yat used to tell people "go play tan sao to your father" when they were low on money! :p

Who says CMA uses all animal motions?! :cool:

k gledhill
07-06-2009, 06:40 AM
The tan is to train the outside leading edge of the striking arm ...
example : if you are on the guys right [your right tan] flank ...you use the outside of your right striking arm and the inside [jum] of your left striking arm . ...

the jum sao is elbow in , but not a 1-2 block n hit action, only done in a 1-2 beat in dan chi to develop the one strike WITH inward line defense AS it strikes forward ...the 1-2 action in the drill becomes redundant [ punch becomes punch again] but with the added , unseen energy of the jum strike along the line ...

the tan sao follows [or leads] by striking OFF the line to the jums staying on the line force using the pecs and shoulder girdle muscle group to keep the elbows low and inside...the tan elbow leaves the line once the strike fires , this generates a sharp lateral energy as the elbow spreads away from the center ..BUT the strike[tan] never leaves the centerline because tan as jum are both the preliminary positions to strike from in training ...in a fight you really arent going to see a tan and a static jum blocking...you CAN use them to receive attacks and be blocks but your then being a target and using defensive actions to an attack...

The tactics are to STRIKE A STRIKE , counterstrike an attack with a simultaneous strike that through tan /jum training , can also cover your centerline as you attack the guy in the same instant while then trying to maintain the percentages and keep the attack going to a take down or what transpires in real time...

The tactical direction to make this arm exchange from tan/jum work involves the facing from angles to a given line of attack or a line of force ..this can be a left leg kicking out to your groin, an attempt to grab you with a left arm while trying to hit with a right after the grab... a leading left jab with a left step ...
the chi-sao drills that involve the seung ma toi ma make the stepping in attacking / angling counter attacks ingrained in us...iow when I step into you randomly in chi-sao drills , it isnt to be how I face prior to attacking or how I use 2 arms extended to roll with a grappler, its to have an equal starting point for 2 PARTNERS, to react from and respond with techniques and positioning INSTINCTIVELY to a given side of attempted entry from each other , in the here and now of real and unknown attacks...iow i deliver a tan strike from the 1/2 arm poisiton of tan simply to train my tans starting point relative to ME and my line ...I bong an arm over mine and cycle back to tan sao [aka elbow in] then I do the punch for the partner , he/she strikes the strike or bongs and back to elbows in....
By adding the stepping aka attacking entry to learn to face a shifting moving target, the partner doing the angling is learning to adopt correct striking angles that can utilize the jum striking the tans attempted entry...iow the jum doesn't statically hold rigidly a blocking angle and let the tan stepper push them , rather the jummer doing the angling is striking while keeping the tan covered AS the strike from the jum arm goes in AS the guy comes ...ie head collision, timing , balance, structure are being tested over and over & over etc.....when you fight for real you have the added time and distances of a face off to move , shift, feint, using a side stance , not a lead leg as many adopt, the side stance offers no lead leg for thai boxers to kick and it allows us to shift and face the correct flanks as they are delivered ...

The striking point is critical for several reasons, why we spend so much time doing the seung ma toi ma drills....if the strikes are thrown to far away we are over extended ...to slow and we cant generate ample force to do any damage...arm chase and we dont even strike ...stick to arms and you lose the focus of striking the opponent repeatedly and engage in sticky tag , with air chops doing lop grabs ...

The concept of simultaneously attacking as the defense has to have a technical/tactical ability to deliver the idea, through a systematic training regimen , a lot of which is redundant to the actual fighting.

a simple example, try this ...

strike from a tan sao to a vertical fist , then back to tan sao then strike again...keep the elbows on the line until you strike... have a partner put an arm out 1/2 extended as you stand on their flank...ie your left tan to their left arm , face 45 deg to them as they face stright ahead , have them strike and try to strike to their head[ controlled] while also trying to keep thei arm from moving yours off the intended target....
you will find that you over extended [ cant touch the head with any force , try the chest to really hit them hard once or twice] or they may feint you and you find that your chasing the arm to deliver the tans force :o then try again simply punch them with sufficient force in the chest to knock them back AND use the tans lateral energy as it explodes off your line ....now remember you arent even able to hit them with both actions yet and its been how many years you are training ; )

and its the tan arm that is striking ... one arm, low elbows stance solid to back up the forces you meet , angles correct , motion added, stress later of chi-sao, sparring to see the reasons for more training :D

jum is the same for the partner , partners left arm is still extended as it was for your tan strike , face them at the same angle as the side entry for the dummy try to angle yor self so the jum is striking them in the chest as you keep their arm from touching your chest AND deliver sufficient force to knock them back 6ft [ why we do inch punching, to test the stance , balance, while holding a tight position and do jum or tan to a partner ]

The whole system is devoted to this simple idea .

t_niehoff
07-06-2009, 07:02 AM
The whole system is devoted to this simple idea (simultaneously attacking as the defense).

As I see it, WCK's method (faat) is to control the opponent while striking. That control is the "defense" (it closes the opponent down so that he can't mount an offense) and the striking while controlling is the "simultaneous offense". In reality, however, on the inside -- when in the phonebooth -- there is no strict defense or offense, they blend into one.

The tools of WCK are various means of gaining or maintaining control over your opponent. The tan sao is a tool that opens avenues that are closed. It is not a block, though in opening an avenue it will close off that avenue to your opponent (and can act to block). That avenue we can use in various ways depending on the tactical context: we may strike, we may grab, we may push, etc.

k gledhill
07-06-2009, 11:46 AM
fair enough ....when we stop looking at tan sao as a shape but as the energy of the arm asit travels to and from its start and strike and back , it can act as a force aslong as its relative to your line turning , not leaving the line ....iow if you always held your left hand in a fist and used the out side of the forearm as a sliding energy point ....the outside nergy of the arm is what tan sao develops , so we can have this defelection force as we strike or hold our arms positions along our line....once the 'shot' is fired the lead man sao doesnt matter as much as the ability to fire from vu-sao...
the 'controlling' is a word that can be misleading to think you stick or over trap or block.
the centerline is controlled from entry to yourself while striking by adopting the arms along the centerline at angles relative to the incoming lines of force....each arm takes the space along the line in rotation either striking jum/tan, or jut , gaun lop etc...as a second measure to interuptions along your centerline advance...we are talking milliseconds here :D the idea allows us to fight with 2 free arms as we are being attacked with 2 free arms , not one blocks off the line the other strikes, one grabs the wrist and the other strikes , this makes us equal not over whelming ....
po pai is for regaining space if its lost , got to close , they cover up from our attempted strikes , we push them back into the controlled space of our working area.

Hendrik
07-06-2009, 03:45 PM
From my perspective metaphors like boomerang or hammer-nail or whatever aren't particularly helpful. I think we'd do better to dispense with the metaphors and just talk about things as they really are, talk about what you are really doing or trying to do, how things really work, etc. instead of coming up with concepts that only add layers of obfuscation to reality.

boomerang is a reality.

tigershorty
07-06-2009, 04:05 PM
you know, im not saying they are or aren't alike. the point was...and it was just a side point..

humans aren't boomerangs. while some people can see similar natures in a boomerang and a person's actions..the person is a person..and a boomerang is a boomerang.

so- with that, my point was, for what it is worth-

use a boomerang to describe it, teach it, thinking about it, but keep in mind..youre not copying a boomerang. youre a human being that is doing what is structurally sound for your body. there are lots of similarities in shapes and movements with everything you do. if it helps you to digest, i think that's good.

hopefully, you get where i'm coming from. not trying to be a **** or anything, it's just something i immediately liked about wing chun. we stand like a human, we fight like a human, its all about body mechanics.

Hendrik
07-06-2009, 04:55 PM
use a boomerang to describe it, teach it, thinking about it, but keep in mind..youre not copying a boomerang. .

you are totally right.

t_niehoff
07-07-2009, 06:27 AM
fair enough ....when we stop looking at tan sao as a shape but as the energy of the arm asit travels to and from its start and strike and back , it can act as a force aslong as its relative to your line turning , not leaving the line ....i

I'm sorry, but tan sao isn't some "energy" or "force" -- it is an action that you perform to achieve some objective. As I said, that action is to open a lane or avenue.

ow if you always held your left hand in a fist and used the out side of the forearm as a sliding energy point ....the outside nergy of the arm is what tan sao develops , so we can have this defelection force as we strike or hold our arms positions along our line....once the 'shot' is fired the lead man sao doesnt matter as much as the ability to fire from vu-sao...

From my perspective, I train tan sao (an action) to develop my tan sao (that action).

the 'controlling' is a word that can be misleading to think you stick or over trap or block.

Again, from my perspective, WCK is to control while striking and not to simply strike. If I am not controlling my opponent on the inside, he will be trying to control me or strike me. When I control him, he now needs to deal with not only my strike but my control.

the centerline is controlled from entry to yourself while striking by adopting the arms along the centerline at angles relative to the incoming lines of force....each arm takes the space along the line in rotation either striking jum/tan, or jut , gaun lop etc...as a second measure to interuptions along your centerline advance...we are talking milliseconds here :D the idea allows us to fight with 2 free arms as we are being attacked with 2 free arms , not one blocks off the line the other strikes, one grabs the wrist and the other strikes , this makes us equal not over whelming ....

The centerline IS the line of entry (the corridor between us). When I talk about control, I don't just mean the centerline but the opponent -- you control the opponent while striking him. Once you gain entry, the centerline doesn't matter.

po pai is for regaining space if its lost , got to close , they cover up from our attempted strikes , we push them back into the controlled space of our working area.

You can use the tool in that way in certain circumstances.

sihing
07-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Action's need force or energy to move it, otherwise how does tan, fok, or any motion work? Tan is many things, the least of which is a technique.

WC is a training method, as Kevin has explain, to teach us certain attributes that can help us in a fight. It doesn't guarantee success, no method can do that, but it can increase your chances in a fight if you understand and can apply what you are learning. It's as simple as that.

James

k gledhill
07-07-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm sorry, but tan sao isn't some "energy" or "force" -- it is an action that you perform to achieve some objective. As I said, that action is to open a lane or avenue.

From my perspective, I train tan sao (an action) to develop my tan sao (that action).

Again, from my perspective, WCK is to control while striking and not to simply strike. If I am not controlling my opponent on the inside, he will be trying to control me or strike me. When I control him, he now needs to deal with not only my strike but my control.

The centerline IS the line of entry (the corridor between us). When I talk about control, I don't just mean the centerline but the opponent -- you control the opponent while striking him. Once you gain entry, the centerline doesn't matter.

You can use the tool in that way in certain circumstances.

:D boy have you got a humble pie lesson coming :D

k gledhill
07-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Tan sao is simply a way to develop a strike that has the ability to keep the centerline from being entered while attacking , by occupying the centerline as it strikes , we use it to sweep a space from the line forwards, only the elbow spreads off the line ...the following jum sao sweeps a space along the line and keeps the line from being entered from the inside ,, each arm rotates in a simple cycle tan outside of arm , jum inside of arm ... each arm is both tan and jum energy

think about it, each strike is also simultaneously covering the line by using the forearms position from training , the arms dont chase off the line to 'open';) anything.

That we leave to the person who doesnt know vt, who does lateral defensive actions to our man sao /lead arm , this in turn allows us to simply keep firing , if they turn and change sides we dont change arms , we simply face and keep up the attack using the opposite energy of the arms ...each arm is jum and tan for the opposite sides of a flank attack...

This why facing at angle is so critical...otherwise the opponents strikes can simply come in arcs from either side if we face directly shoulder to shoulder doing 'inside work'.

each arm is both tan and jum energy , while never leaving the line striking ...this is a part of the system I had never heard before for many years.

jum saos are the inside of the strike arms. Tan sweeps the the line and moves arms offline...if it makes contact while striking along the centerline.

The tan elbow spreads off the line as it strikes, the following jum sao of either arm sweeps and rotates striking to hold the line on the inside of the now open line [milliseconds], because the tan retracted back after it cycle...
jum takes its place instantly to close entry...tan can fire again rotating to recover the line the jum leaves open as it retracts back....

if we do this simple idea either side ...the arms never leave the centerline we just angle shift and strike like any fighter does...no magic bullets :D

sihing
07-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Tan sao is simply a way to develop a strike that has the ability to keep the centerline from being entered while attacking , by occupying the centerline as it strikes , we use it to sweep a space from the line forwards, only the elbow spreads off the line ...the following jum sao sweeps a space along the line and keeps the line from being entered from the inside ,, each arm rotates in a simple cycle tan outside of arm , jum inside of arm ... each arm is both tan and jum energy

think about it, each strike is also simultaneously covering the line by using the forearms position from training , the arms dont chase off the line to 'open';) anything.

That we leave to the person who doesnt know vt, who does lateral defensive actions to our man sao /lead arm , this in turn allows us to simply keep firing , if they turn and change sides we dont change arms , we simply face and keep up the attack using the opposite energy of the arms ...each arm is jum and tan for the opposite sides of a flank attack...

This why facing at angle is so critical...otherwise the opponents strikes can simply come in arcs from either side if we face directly shoulder to shoulder doing 'inside work'.

each arm is both tan and jum energy , while never leaving the line striking ...this is a part of the system I had never heard before for many years.

jum saos are the inside of the strike arms. Tan sweeps the the line and moves arms offline...if it makes contact while striking along the centerline.

The tan elbow spreads off the line as it strikes, the following jum sao of either arm sweeps and rotates striking to hold the line on the inside of the now open line [milliseconds], because the tan retracted back after it cycle...
jum takes its place instantly to close entry...tan can fire again rotating to recover the line the jum leaves open as it retracts back....

if we do this simple idea either side ...the arms never leave the centerline we just angle shift and strike like any fighter does...no magic bullets :D

Might as well post the required responses from the who's who list, before the real kicks in-

-'Not sure what you are talking about:confused:..all I know is that what I do works as I have fought with it successfully in class with other students/fighters, as do my students, as do their students, and theirs as well...' - Phil..

-'Why don't you take all this conceptual talk down to the local MT/MMA gym where all the real fighters are and let us all know how it goes. I dare ya, I dare ya.' - Terrence

-'LOL@striking down the centerline, shifting side to side counter reacting magic bullets. Anyone that has really sparred good quality strikers know's this is all a bunch of fantasy fu theoretical Bull$hit Bull$hit' - Knifefighter.

Just havin some fun boys:confused::eek::cool:

JR

k gledhill
07-08-2009, 05:30 AM
Might as well post the required responses from the who's who list, before the real kicks in-

-'Not sure what you are talking about:confused:..all I know is that what I do works as I have fought with it successfully in class with other students/fighters, as do my students, as do their students, and theirs as well...' - Phil..

-'Why don't you take all this conceptual talk down to the local MT/MMA gym where all the real fighters are and let us all know how it goes. I dare ya, I dare ya.' - Terrence

-'LOL@striking down the centerline, shifting side to side counter reacting magic bullets. Anyone that has really sparred good quality strikers know's this is all a bunch of fantasy fu theoretical Bull$hit Bull$hit' - Knifefighter.

Just havin some fun boys:confused::eek::cool:

JR

:D Its like trying to explain " how to walk ", its easier to just show people . All based on elbow positions.

t_niehoff
07-08-2009, 06:02 AM
Action's need force or energy to move it, otherwise how does tan, fok, or any motion work? Tan is many things, the least of which is a technique.

WC is a training method, as Kevin has explain, to teach us certain attributes that can help us in a fight. It doesn't guarantee success, no method can do that, but it can increase your chances in a fight if you understand and can apply what you are learning. It's as simple as that.

James

Take throwing a ball. Yes, you need "energy" or "force" to throw it. But throwing a ball isn't about learning some "energy". It is a skill. Everything that goes into throwing a ball, the "energy", the technique, etc., is part of the SKILL. Throwuing a ball is an ACTION, and when that ACTION has an OBJECTIVE, then it becomes a SKILL (skill being our ability to bring about a desired result, i.e., objective, with max certainty and min time/effort). ACTION + OBJECTIVE = SKILL.

It's a simple as that.

t_niehoff
07-08-2009, 06:06 AM
:D Its like trying to explain " how to walk ", its easier to just show people . All based on elbow positions.

I'm afraid what you are talking about is all based on fantasy. The trouble with your theories is that they don't take into account what an aggressive, competent fighter is going to be doing to YOU.

sihing
07-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Take throwing a ball. Yes, you need "energy" or "force" to throw it. But throwing a ball isn't about learning some "energy". It is a skill. Everything that goes into throwing a ball, the "energy", the technique, etc., is part of the SKILL. Throwuing a ball is an ACTION, and when that ACTION has an OBJECTIVE, then it becomes a SKILL (skill being our ability to bring about a desired result, i.e., objective, with max certainty and min time/effort). ACTION + OBJECTIVE = SKILL.

It's a simple as that.

The problem I have with your analogy is that when I attempt to throw a ball, I already have total control of that object. A baseball, generally for us humans is something that we can in a absolute sense control completely. You cannot say that when it comes to fighting someone else. Even when you are way more skilled than someone else, you still cannot control them completely & indefinelty. KO'g someone is a form of control but it is not absolute, not like it would be when you are manipulating some sort of ball. So for me your example is null and void, and does not relate in anyway to the use of "energy" or "force" as related to Martial Arts application.

Take one of the 140kg balls the strongman use in those compeititons and tell me that they don't need some sort of structure or practiced technique to lift it up to those platforms that they do. In everyone of the competitions, each individual strength test requires a practiced technique for them to optimize their strength output. The thing is they are still manipulating soemthing that provides no resistences except for it's mass, still easier than controling someone that can fight back as well.

James

k gledhill
07-08-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm afraid what you are talking about is all based on fantasy. The trouble with your theories is that they don't take into account what an aggressive, competent fighter is going to be doing to YOU.

:D

This WSl fighting method....;) I guess he is a fantasy to you too ?

Terence its not important that I convince you, its just to make you and others aware of whats out there still...just because you havent seen or understood it doent make you the omnipotent giver of credibility ;)...or that it doesnt exist outside your deep well...ribbett !:D jump out of the well froggy , said the cricket , ternce the frog replied by trying to eat the cricket :rolleyes: happy in the quagmire of ideas he believed to be all there was.....

sihing
07-08-2009, 08:45 AM

Obviously, the more competent and aggressive the fighter you are going to be facing is, the harder it will be to defeat them, regardless of what skills you possess lol. Terrence, tell me, with all of this realistic training you are doing and have been doing for years, how would you do against Lyoto Machida or GSP in a fight without weapons involved? You would lose and lose easily, so your argument towards Kevins posts is again null and void.

The fact is what Kev is talking about (and that is all Kev or I or yourself can do on a internet forum, talk, explain, describe, bla bla bla, all irrelevant to someone that wants to actually understand what we are talking about) is sound and effective for the average person in a self protection situation. It's no different than what Alan talks about in his vids, which are very good by the way:)

James

k gledhill
07-08-2009, 12:31 PM

It's a simple as that.

if you throw the ball down a straight line at me and I keep a line of force aligned to intersect the line of force its coming on it will by the angle of the arms , find no place to put its force..it will slide off the acute angles of the arms trying to go to the 'thrower' of the ball...I dont want to catch the ball I want to strike the guy throwing it as I deflect with one arm ... it is trained in 2 stages in drills it looks like tan when drilled and simple punch when fighting...jum looks like an elbow in when drilling but it too becomes a simple punch..the 2 combined in rotation create an impenetrable non thinking assault line we use to attack with little thought...attack with no mind .

imagine a spear you throw th ball and the spear tries to both stab past the ball and deflect the balls path . together . thats what tan or jum is trying to make a punch be able to do...slide force off the arms as they enter into the continuing strike to the head...

Obviously no arms we are simply striking with 2 hands but NOT down the center of the opponent , rather along flanks and using our centerline as a reference to point the arms on at angles to force ...

Why we are trained to face squarely but at angle to the guys entry lines , we both minimize the guys ability to face us [fight 50%] .By facing we can simply turn to face a turning fighter without using a different lead rear etc...each arm is equally trained so we can seamlessly fight either side .
Ergo each arm is a tan/jum/jut/lop/bong ...one flank can be shut down with the preceding actions

we are able by design to simply face another side of an attack with no thought to change our arms abilities.

example:
left bong counters the right arm xing over ours ....our following vusao can just strike to a tanning action further displacing the now displaced arm that had x ed our bong..the tanning strike is followed by jumming strike ...now if you on the right flank its the right tanstrike, the left jumstrike

and vice versa for the other side ...a mirror of our ability...the SLT is the arms equally trained. the Chum Kl is to aim and fire at correct facing and chasing attacking shifting , sideling , back forth, forwards at angles once the opponent is turned.

LSWCTN1
07-09-2009, 12:55 AM
if you throw the ball down a straight line at me and I keep a line of force aligned to intersect the line of force its coming on it will by the angle of the arms , find no place to put its force..it will slide off the acute angles of the arms trying to go to the 'thrower' of the ball...I dont want to catch the ball I want to strike the guy throwing it as I deflect with one arm ... it is trained in 2 stages in drills it looks like tan when drilled and simple punch when fighting...jum looks like an elbow in when drilling but it too becomes a simple punch..the 2 combined in rotation create an impenetrable non thinking assault line we use to attack with little thought...attack with no mind .

imagine a spear you throw th ball and the spear tries to both stab past the ball and deflect the balls path . together . thats what tan or jum is trying to make a punch be able to do...slide force off the arms as they enter into the continuing strike to the head...

Obviously no arms we are simply striking with 2 hands but NOT down the center of the opponent , rather along flanks and using our centerline as a reference to point the arms on at angles to force ...

Why we are trained to face squarely but at angle to the guys entry lines , we both minimize the guys ability to face us [fight 50%] .By facing we can simply turn to face a turning fighter without using a different lead rear etc...each arm is equally trained so we can seamlessly fight either side .
Ergo each arm is a tan/jum/jut/lop/bong ...one flank can be shut down with the preceding actions

we are able by design to simply face another side of an attack with no thought to change our arms abilities.

example:
left bong counters the right arm xing over ours ....our following vusao can just strike to a tanning action further displacing the now displaced arm that had x ed our bong..the tanning strike is followed by jumming strike ...now if you on the right flank its the right tanstrike, the left jumstrike

and vice versa for the other side ...a mirror of our ability...the SLT is the arms equally trained. the Chum Kl is to aim and fire at correct facing and chasing attacking shifting , sideling , back forth, forwards at angles once the opponent is turned.

very, very nicely put

i for one have missed you :D

GeneChing
11-16-2017, 10:53 AM
I'm a little disappointed that The art of Boomerang --- SLT (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?54547-The-art-of-Boomerang-SLT) is our only Boomerang thread, but I'll post this here and copy it to Busted MMA fighters and fights (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?52219-Busted-MMA-fighters-and-fights) for now. If more Boomerang stories appear, well, I'll keep posting them here until there's enough to warrant splitting it off into its own indie thread.

Now on to the WTH?! Werdum packs a boomerang on the street?

UFC'S FABRICIO WERDUM
BOOMERANG ATTACK ON RISING STAR
... After Alleged Slur (http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/16/fabricio-werdum-ufc-colby-covington-boomerang/)

11/16/2017 7:20 AM PST
UFC's Fabricio Werdum Attacks Fighter with Boomerang After Alleged Slur
BREAKING NEWS

NO FISTS NEEDED

Seriously -- we're not making this up.
It all went down at the UFC fighters' hotel in Sydney ... when rising welterweight star Colby Covington allegedly called Werdum a "filthy Brazilian" in the lobby.
FYI, Covington hurled a similar insult at a Brazilian crowd after his last fight in Sao Paulo ... and Fabricio's one of the UFC's biggest Brazilian stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=479l-lMFDh4

So, Werdum did what any angry Australian tourist would do -- he took it outside and UNCORKED HIS **** BOOMERANG!!!
It missed -- but the battle wasn't over.
Covington went on a racist and ****phobic rant against the former heavyweight champ ... and also claimed Fabricio punched him in the face.
"Look at you, f**king f**got," Colby said. "F**k Brazil. F**k Fabricio Werdum ... and they wonder why they get talked to like that -- 'cause they’re a bunch of animals."
But Werdum says he didn't punch Covington ... claiming Colby got physical first by throwing a kick.
The UFC released a statement saying they'll investigate the incident ... and Covington told MMA Fighting he plans on pressing charges.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/167975_10150134934019363_8288571_n.jpg?oh=9b4c0b5e 430fb0f851647c9583810967&oe=5A9588D2
I met him back in 2011. (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?59561-STRIKEFORCE-Diaz-vs-Cyborg&p=1075766#post1075766) :cool: