PDA

View Full Version : Fight-Day Nutrition?

cerebus
07-08-2009, 12:27 PM
So, for those of you who are regular fighters and/or trainers, on the day of a competitive fight, what are your recommendations for eating/ drinking?

I have a match at 8 pm on Friday. I don't want to have food/ liquid sloshing in my belly but I also don't wanna have my blood sugar dive and get a case of the weak & shakies by the second round either. So far, I've always done okay and not had any problems, but I'm interested in what your ideas are about this. Thanks! :)

lkfmdc
07-08-2009, 12:38 PM
when is the weigh in??

when is the weigh in and how long between the weigh in and the event are essential to answering this question

cerebus
07-08-2009, 12:46 PM
No weigh-in. It's a private match set up by our instructors.

andyhaas
07-08-2009, 12:49 PM
When I did tournaments, I had a good time with Powerbars and water before the tourney. When I tried regular food or anything else, it tended to make my stomach upset.

I tried once not eating at all, but I got hungry.

David Jamieson
07-08-2009, 12:52 PM
runners diet.

carb up the night before (pasta dinner yeah! ), protein after for repair.

Pork Chop
07-08-2009, 01:37 PM
i like oatmeal and bananas for fight day, but i'm not a nutritionist.

David Jamieson
07-08-2009, 02:00 PM
i like oatmeal and bananas for fight day, but i'm not a nutritionist.

that's good carbs right there! with extras! cause oatmeal has protein and bananas got all kinds of good stuff in em!

WinterPalm
07-08-2009, 09:35 PM
I eat whatever I would normally eat. Think about your brutal training sessions to prepare for something like this: what did you eat on those days? Just eat that. Don't change a thing. That's how I do it.
Eat sparingly as the event closes in: almonds, fruit, and water is great.

Lokhopkuen
07-08-2009, 10:05 PM
I'd be too nervous to eat.

cerebus
07-08-2009, 10:22 PM
I eat whatever I would normally eat. Think about your brutal training sessions to prepare for something like this: what did you eat on those days? Just eat that. Don't change a thing. That's how I do it.
Eat sparingly as the event closes in: almonds, fruit, and water is great.

That's kinda what I'm thinking, but I had a session a few days ago where I got weak and shaky and stayed that way til I could get some Gatorade in me.

cerebus
07-08-2009, 10:23 PM
I'd be too nervous to eat.

Heh, heh. I used to be when I first fought, but that was like.... 20 years ago. I still get a little adrenalin on the way to the ring, but nothing really bad.