PDA

View Full Version : UFC: The Next Pro Wrestling

BoulderDawg
07-12-2009, 10:04 AM
More Professional Wrestling...

The UFC is making making news today due to Brock Lesnar's tirade last night......:D

This is as bad as professional wrestling....No......it's worse at least Pro wrestling admits it's all an act.

My guess is this fight was fixed from the start. I'm thinking it's a little like the Kimbo Slice fight. They probably offered Mir double money to stand up and slug it out with him knowing he could not do it. They wanted to make a few headlines and to make Lesnar the "Bad guy", the man to beat. My guess is they will match him against that other professional wrestler who's fighting these days!

I actually saw where they were taking bets on this crap in Vegas.....this boy wouldn't lay a quarter on any UFC fight.

monji112000
07-12-2009, 11:46 AM
More Professional Wrestling...

The UFC is making making news today due to Brock Lesnar's tirade last night......:D

This is as bad as professional wrestling....No......it's worse at least Pro wrestling admits it's all an act.

My guess is this fight was fixed from the start. I'm thinking it's a little like the Kimbo Slice fight. They probably offered Mir double money to stand up and slug it out with him knowing he could not do it. They wanted to make a few headlines and to make Lesnar the "Bad guy", the man to beat. My guess is they will match him against that other professional wrestler who's fighting these days!

I actually saw where they were taking bets on this crap in Vegas.....this boy wouldn't lay a quarter on any UFC fight.

are you for real?

did you even watch the fight? FIXED? Mir got his head smashed in. You think they offered him money to standup and slug it out... guess what? HE DIDN"T STANDUP AND SLUG IT OUT. He took it to the ground, he tried to win as best as he thought he could. Horrible strategy, but he is supposed to be a "submissions" expert.. :D

Pro wrestling? If any fight was fixed it was Akiyama's no way could anyone have scored that fight with him winning.. That was very questionable .. Lesnar is from the WWF what do you expect? This is what they do..

Go back watch the Kimbo slice fight and then try to tell me they are comparable. Asmuch as I hate Mir and Lesnar they both REAL fighters, who REALLY tried to kill each other.

I think Mir would have had a chance if he had "slugged it out".

Oh Henderson's fight was a thing of beauty.. he knocked that trashed talking smuch the ****out.

Old Noob
07-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Pro wrestling? If any fight was fixed it was Akiyama's no way could anyone have scored that fight with him winning.. That was very questionable ..

29-28 Akiyama is very reasonable. The only thing controversial about the win is that one judge scored it 30-27.

monji112000
07-12-2009, 01:58 PM
29-28 Akiyama is very reasonable. The only thing controversial about the win is that one judge scored it 30-27.

Akiyama got beat pretty bad. I'm surprised he could walk by the end of the fight. He was impressive at times, but for the most part did very little. Aside from the few caught and counter kicks, what did he do? a failed takedown.. ? I'll give him credit for the iron legs. People were booing that decision what does that tell you??
I stand by my opinion, he lost pretty badly.. JMO

lkfmdc
07-12-2009, 02:02 PM
If any fight was fixed it was Akiyama's no way could anyone have scored that fight with him winning..

tsk tsk tsk young padawan....

the stand up was dead even, Akiyama ate kicks but his punches were more accurate and harder. The knockdown was a "flash"

Akiyama was the only one with takedowns, worked from the top doing damage and Belcher's little "worm" break dance thing showed he really didn't want to be on the ground with Akiyama.

In conclusion, Belcher only wanted to fight standing up, and wasn't clearly winning that fight even

lkfmdc
07-12-2009, 02:03 PM
People were booing that decision what does that tell you??

It tells me

1) the audience is often drunk people who don't know anything about fighting

and

2) the audience is often the level of "America **** Yeah!" :rolleyes:

Tensei85
07-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Oh Henderson's fight was a thing of beauty.. he knocked that trashed talking smuch the ****out.

Yea, my sentiments exactly! And Henderson got an extra shot in to seal the deal, I'll bet Bisping will feel that for awhile.

The GSP-Thiago fight was alright, I got to hand it to Thiago he stuck in it for all 5 rounds.

Mir-Lesnar fight was not the greatest in the lineup but was watchable at least.

What was the fight outcomes after Lesnar? I didn't stick around to watch after.

Mr Punch
07-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Anyone who thinks Lesnar-Mir was a fix knows nothing about fighting.

As for Henderson-Bisping, it was ****-poor from both of them from start to finish.

I'd never seen Bisping fight before and hadn't seen Henderson for a long time... Bisping looked like he ahd no business in the ring at all: the commentators said he'd been working on and had improved his footwork and boxing no end. I shudder to think what it was like before: he was flatfooted, backpedalling constantly and any moron could have read his circling to his left. Talking of any moron, the only thing mroe ludicrous than Henderson's two-day notice on his right was that anyone would actually get hit by it more than once. There were what, four kicks in the whole fight?

From Henderson's comments after, it was just his game plan, so I understand he didn't need to do anything else, and wanted to humiliate Bisping by keeping it simple. Entertaining it wasn't. And furthermore I really have no respect for that second shot when Bisping was out. Dangerous, unnecessary and b!tchy.

Mind you, I've never heard Bisping trash talking. What kind of **** was he talking? Not that I think it should earn him that second shot mind. The only interview I saw of him was talking about his defeat of Leben, where he wasn't humble but was quite reasonable.

Mr Punch
07-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Incidentally, both of those fights just make me all the more keen to watch Fedor-Barnett. UFC seems a shadow of its former self. Why? Not saying the fighters aren't good, but there are none that seem to have the confidence in what they're doing without constant study of their opponents. Good fighting maybe, but boring fights!

Fedor goes and does his thing. Barnett has said he'll change nothing for Fedor. They know what they're doing and know how to adapt. Bisping's main claim to to greatness in his own words are that he can stick to game-plan. Henderson's main come-back to this was that he could predict Bisping's game-plan. ****ing dull.

Shaolin Wookie
07-12-2009, 06:00 PM
All fights are boring in retrospect, unless they end in a knock out or feature an unorthodox fighter with a specific stylistic pedigree that isn't the usual MMA resume.

It's why guys like Machida, Cung Le generate a buzz, but a Bisping-Henderson ticket, although good-great fighters themselves, aren't exciting.

The UFC top-100 fights was BS. Half of them were ****ty fights, mismatched from the start, with spectacular knockouts. They should have just called it UFC Knockouts or something.

Unless MMA continues innovating, and traditional guys get more sport-oriented, we'll get to the point where we've seen it all and we'll start attaching more and more to invididual personalities, and it will turn into wrestling a little. Like WEC--Matt Brown is boring as hell, even though he's a wrecking ball. Urijah Faber was always entertaining.

Still beats the hell out of boxing and kickboxing though.

Mr Punch
07-12-2009, 08:08 PM
All fights are boring in retrospect...That's a good point. Not entirely accurate in many cases I guess, but I was interested to see what would happen between them while it was happening. But then I spotted that Bisping's footwork was very predictable and he was in danger of eating some of those big rights, then we specifically got to hear his corner warning him about the same thing, and then we got to watch it being repeated and leading to his downfall... it was just disappointing.

...unless they end in a knock out or feature an unorthodox fighter with a specific stylistic pedigree that isn't the usual MMA resume...Dunno, I've seen enough lay and pray fights and slugfests (Pride 21 Takayama vs Frye being the most potentially dull yet somehow enthralling one that springs to mind) that have had interesting points.

Still beats the hell out of boxing and kickboxing though.I prefer MMA, but I still like K1 myself, and enjoy a good boxing match.

AdrianK
07-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Still beats the hell out of boxing and kickboxing though.

2008 and 2009 have been amazing years for boxing, showcasing not just incredible knockouts, but GREAT matchups of people who demonstrate incredible skill and heart, and who fight from start to finish.

I will agree that boxing had gotten a bit stale before then, but with Golden Boy and Top Rank, they've really kicked ass this last year and a half, with CLASSIC fights like

Israel Vasquez vs. Rafael Marquez III
Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez
Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz
Shane Mosley vs. Antonio Margarito
Manny Pacquiao vs. Ricky Hatton
Miguel Cotto vs. Antonio Margarito
Bernard Hopkins vs. Kelly Pavlik

just to name a few.
If you want good boxing matches, just stay away from anything put on by Don King or (most of the time) Gary Shaw.

uki
07-13-2009, 02:42 AM
let's face it folks... the McMA and whole UFC is simply and purely for entertainment... it exists for no other reason than entertainment... the people who practice and partake in this blantant franken-sport are numbskulled dimwits. :D

next thing you'll see them painting their faces up, but then again, how approriate as they are nothing but a bunch of clowns anyway. :)

Kansuke
07-13-2009, 04:26 AM

Your insecurity isn't too obvious is it, *****?

Kansuke
07-13-2009, 04:30 AM
let's face it folks... the McMA and whole UFC is simply and purely for entertainment...

Wait a minute...a spectator sport that's for entertainment?! Unthinkable!

Dragonzbane76
07-13-2009, 04:56 AM
I don't think the lesnar/Mir fight was paid off. Mir did some dumb things.... like letting a 285 lb. man lay on top of him and pound him.

What I don't agree with was Lesnar's demeaner after the fight. Mir fought and lost... leave it at that... At least he stepped into the ring and fought, not very good but none the less.

Lesnar plays the "Heel" well. I guess he just hasn't realized it's not the WWE or what ever.

BruceSteveRoy
07-13-2009, 07:09 AM
the only thing i dislike more than a loser making excuses is a winner acting like a giant douche. i personally don't care for mir and while every time lesnar opens his mouth the room's iq plummets; i find him innocuous enough. i was actually rooting for the giant dopey ******* that was talking about horse shoes in ppls asses(?). anywho, after his win and him being a huge tool i wished mir had done better. It was like lesnar was making a concerted effort to delegitimize the sport.

lkfmdc
07-13-2009, 07:14 AM
If you don't pay attention to the context, your comments in isolation really don't mean much

Do you realize that Frank Mir talked massive crap and made the fight personal?

Watch Brock Lesner after he fought Randy, he was a complete gentleman with respect, becaue Randy didnt' make the fight personal

If you talk trash about someone and get personal, expect not only a beating but that they aren't going to like you much

Iron_Eagle_76
07-13-2009, 07:24 AM
This is not the first time an MMA star has acted with WWE type antics. Hell, Tito Ortiz always talked a massive amount of smack and was either loved or hated for it. Lesnar may have went a bit far with it, but if the fight was entertaining who really cares. Alls sports have douche bags who talk smack, and MMA is no different. Hell, watch the NFL on Sundays and you see a sport full of egotistical *******s.

monji112000
07-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Akiyama got beat pretty bad. I'm surprised he could walk by the end of the fight. He was impressive at times, but for the most part did very little. Aside from the few caught and counter kicks, what did he do? a failed takedown.. ? I'll give him credit for the iron legs. People were booing that decision what does that tell you??
I stand by my opinion, he lost pretty badly.. JMO

I reviewed the fight, and I changed my opion.. LOL :D:eek:

Mr Punch
07-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Just watched the rest of the fights. Take it back, there were some goodies in there. I liked GSP Alvez, Fitch Thiago and Akiyama Belcher.

I thought Akiyama should have had it split, but that 30-27 was a crock. Oh well.

Old Noob
07-13-2009, 08:19 AM
I reviewed the fight, and I changed my opion.. LOL :D:eek:

We're not saying it wasn't close. It was. Akiyama just got a little more work done.

I will say that the off-the-cage superman punch was pretty sweet.

uki
07-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Wait a minute...a spectator sport that's for entertainment?! Unthinkable!so you agree that the McMA and UFC exist only because there is money to be made off of it?

sanjuro_ronin
07-13-2009, 11:09 AM
let's face it folks... the McMA and whole UFC is simply and purely for entertainment... it exists for no other reason than entertainment... the people who practice and partake in this blantant franken-sport are numbskulled dimwits. :D

next thing you'll see them painting their faces up, but then again, how approriate as they are nothing but a bunch of clowns anyway. :)

Or worse, they'll fill their bodies and even their faces with tattoos !!!
:eek:

monji112000
07-13-2009, 11:41 AM
We're not saying it wasn't close. It was. Akiyama just got a little more work done.

I will say that the off-the-cage superman punch was pretty sweet.
what typically happens is my memory goes.. its I deal with on a daily basis. it was a long night with allot of fights. I didn't really hear the booes in the video so I think it was just the people at the bar. Sometimes I'll remember one thing and forget a bunch of other things. He won the fight, I was wrong.;) I'm the first person to admit when I'm wrong. I have no issue with my faults. UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE:o

taai gihk yahn
07-13-2009, 12:10 PM
so you agree that the McMA and UFC exist only because there is money to be made off of it?

UFC in tis current incarnation definitely is designed for entertainment / revenue generation, although it does so utilizing a rules format that is more inclusive than anything else out there, at least on a professional level (e.g. - there are certainly vale tudo-style things going on under the radar, and Dog Brothers would be an example of open amateur pretty much anything goes);

MMA OTOH is, really, the natural evolution of the MA scene in the US, moving from what was primarily (though not exclusively, of course) a fragmented "technique-specific" MA scene up through the '80's (e.g.: judo=body throwing & ground work; jujitsu=peripheral joint manips; TKD=kicking; Shotokan=linear striking techs; boxing / wrestling=for sport only); of course, you had things like JKD which was trying to put it all together for some time, and you had CMA which at least claimed to have been putting it all together forever in theory, though in practice often fell short of that mark;

I think people should back off of MMA / UFC in general - if one doesn't like it, don't do it / watch it; if one thinks that everyone in MMA / UFC is a knuckle-headed neanderthal, guys like Silva and GSP seem to disprove that line of reasoning; fact is though, it represents at least at present the apex of multi-modal MA competition, closer to "real" combat in terms of resisting opponents / pressure testing than the vast majority of other systems out there, and the level of fitness / conditioning of MMA guys in general is not insignificant and therefore needs to be considered - I mean, it's pretty much impossible to be out of shape and regarded as a credible exponent of MMA, whereas I can think of several highly-regarded CMA guys who would technically be considered morbidly obese, yet people still flock to them for instruction because somehow typical norms of fitness and health don't seem to apply when you start talking about free-flow of qi and all that cr@p - I ask everyone, where is the "gung fu" in that?);

so, in general, I don't really see what's the problem here? (aside from BD getting his panties in a wad because, I don't know, it's a new week?)

taai gihk yahn
07-13-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm the first person to admit when I'm wrong. I have no issue with my faults. UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE:o
well said; respects

taai gihk yahn
07-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Do you realize that Frank Mir talked massive crap and made the fight personal?
Watch Brock Lesner after he fought Randy, he was a complete gentleman with respect, becaue Randy didnt' make the fight personal
If you talk trash about someone and get personal, expect not only a beating but that they aren't going to like you much
people seem to have forgotten these inconvenient facts...

sanjuro_ronin
07-13-2009, 12:28 PM
I never cared for the hype that pro fighters, since the time of Ali, seemed to think is needed to sell tickets, of course I blame the fans for this, they love it and eat it up, along with their hot dogs and beer.

Kansuke
07-13-2009, 01:26 PM
so you agree that the UFC exists only because there is money to be made off of it?

Like baseball, basketball, etc.

welcome to earth

diego
07-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Just watched the rest of the fights. Take it back, there were some goodies in there. I liked GSP Alvez, Fitch Thiago and Akiyama Belcher.

I thought Akiyama should have had it split, but that 30-27 was a crock. Oh well.

watching the event right now just finished iwth the akiyama fight...both these guys beat my old best friend denis kang recently...belcher is a dumb fat ox he has a great crrear in ten years when he loses his baby fat...his thai isn't that good he just a dumb ox throwing his weight around like bam bam from flintsones. akiyama treated the fight like belcher is a dumb ox sexy AK' lmao treated the fight like a sparring match, i bet he grapples with sumotori so he thought the dumb yankee ox was dumb, lol. ****

i think the judges gave dude every round cuz the dumb ox all wild throwing his power kicks his aki in the jock making his stance weak for the rest of the fight but aki kept standing so dudes prolly took that into consideration. for real when the dumb ox got upset and tried to smother aki aki's jujitsu came out and it's like a demon possesion orwahetevr once you got that jujitsu black belt it doesn't matter how tired you are and how big he is proper body mechanics create ;everage manifesting easy motions which creates a fast end to the situation such as the final :30 of round 3 aki puts him on his butt which looks ill like a monkey leading a dumb ox to the basin, lol:D

onto fight 2

Lucas
07-13-2009, 01:59 PM
i think its a pretty interesting parallel to ancient rome and the usa. the hype, the blood, the gore, the fans, the drama, the arena...etc.

it all comes full circle.

now if we could only introduce rabid lions into the picture somehow....

diego
07-13-2009, 02:00 PM
i think its a pretty interesting parallel to ancient rome and the usa. the hype, the blood, the gore, the fans, the drama, the arena...etc.

it all comes full circle.

now if we could only introduce rabid lions into the picture somehow....

lol at us posting at the same time...well they do have dumb oxes in the ****...can't wiat to watch the lesnar match!.

diego
07-13-2009, 02:03 PM
i like how belcher kicked aki in the groin and when the bell rang in round 1 aki kept punching belcher while on his back and then oxy b stood up like wtf. round two was kinda gross with the blood splattered on the bud light symbol all over the ring like some satan ****!!.

diego
07-13-2009, 02:29 PM
oh snap henderson gave bisping the spanking from god lmao dude said my kids make noise like bisping i'm gonna punch his lips...bing

yo ufc is some satan sponsored **** all the blood over the logos in a cage with screaming loonies surrounding...america needs to wake the **** up and get some olympic sponsors...you got crap beer and a biker logo and we all know bikers are fueld by mma jocks on roids moving coke for some fat old ****s...ah las vegas, such a pretty $LUT:p

uki
07-13-2009, 07:12 PM
i think its a pretty interesting parallel to ancient rome and the usa. the hype, the blood, the gore, the fans, the drama, the arena...etc.just remember the glory of the roman empire is nothing but ruins anymore.

it all comes full circle.the brick hurts when it comes back around... yes.

now if we could only introduce rabid lions into the picture somehow....i am sure it will end up as such somewhere down the line... perhaps in the post-apocalyptic world, all football stadiums will become gladiator areas... or detention camps for dissenters. :)

i really could care less about the MMA and UFC... i just like poking fun at it... see how many tenderly sensitive hearts i can break. :D

Vash
07-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Back on topic . . .

Lesnar showed a total lack of class after the fight. Mir and Lesnar beforehand both came off like douche-bombs of the How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Douche with the Bomb school of douching.

I liked Brock's interview wherein he apologized for his behavior and poked fun at himself. Raised my level of respect for him back up to below revulsion.

UFC has certainly picked up many a fan of the "America: **** Yeah" mentality. It's that type of fan that keeps me from going to live events.

Dana White's super-professional public persona is awesome too.

A shame. A collection of great athletes, the financial backing to pull in the best fighters in the world, and instead of showcasing some amazing martial artists, we're getting WWE-antics from the biggest names in the UFC.

Mr Punch
07-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Lesnar surprised me with his douche talk after the fight, since he'd been really cool in his other post-fight interviews and whatnot, but then I'd never heard Mir ****-talking about him.

Looks like he chose a fairly comprehensive and decisive way of punishing Mir by finishing him the way he did, tho, and the lead up beforehand.

The comment about getting on top of his wife would have ensured he was getting none if I was married to him.

Dana White is king douche.

In a way I wanted the fight to be a lot harder on both of them because it would put the pressure on White to accept some kind of albeit short term contract with Fedor. Mind you, Fedor can't win: if he beats Barnett easily, Barnett's a can or a has-been; if he beats Barnett with difficulty neither of them are worth their supposed level; if he loses, he's lost to an ex-UFC probable has-been and has always been overrated. I reckon Fedor would school Mir... Lesnar would give him more problems, but I reckon that would be a more immense fight and would go the same way in the end.

BTW, I like Fedor. :D

Old Noob
07-14-2009, 06:16 AM
Lesnar surprised me with his douche talk after the fight, since he'd been really cool in his other post-fight interviews and whatnot, but then I'd never heard Mir ****-talking about him.

Looks like he chose a fairly comprehensive and decisive way of punishing Mir by finishing him the way he did, tho, and the lead up beforehand.

The comment about getting on top of his wife would have ensured he was getting none if I was married to him.

Dana White is king douche.

In a way I wanted the fight to be a lot harder on both of them because it would put the pressure on White to accept some kind of albeit short term contract with Fedor. Mind you, Fedor can't win: if he beats Barnett easily, Barnett's a can or a has-been; if he beats Barnett with difficulty neither of them are worth their supposed level; if he loses, he's lost to an ex-UFC probable has-been and has always been overrated. I reckon Fedor would school Mir... Lesnar would give him more problems, but I reckon that would be a more immense fight and would go the same way in the end.

BTW, I like Fedor. :D

I think Fedor would eat Lesnar's lunch.

Mr Punch
07-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Er. Is that a good thing?

lkfmdc
07-14-2009, 07:12 AM
Again, Mir talked massive crap and made it personal

Lesner wasn't a raving lunatic after fighting Randy, he was a gentleman

If you don't want Lesner to crush your face and lack total respect for you, don't criticize him, his WIFE and his TRAINER

Mir did all three BTW

Actually, when he crticized Erik Paulson, I forever decided to hate Mir and woud love to see him crushed every time he fights

Mir is a *****

Iron_Eagle_76
07-14-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm still hoping Cro Cop regains him form from a few years ago. For whatever reason, I think a fight between he and Lesnar would be as interesting as when he fought Fedor. Just saying.

monji112000
07-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Again, Mir talked massive crap and made it personal

Lesner wasn't a raving lunatic after fighting Randy, he was a gentleman

If you don't want Lesner to crush your face and lack total respect for you, don't criticize him, his WIFE and his TRAINER

Mir did all three BTW

Actually, when he crticized Erik Paulson, I forever decided to hate Mir and woud love to see him crushed every time he fights

Mir is a *****

Mir is infamous for being a ****. I was hoping that Nogueira would have hurt him.. but Nogueira has taken too many hits.

Mr Punch
07-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Kim got a break from the judges because of an 'illegal upkick' from whatever the guy's name he was fighting. What's an illegal upkick?

uki
07-15-2009, 04:32 AM
What's an illegal upkick?in a REAL fight... everything is legal. :D

MasterKiller
07-15-2009, 06:11 AM
Kim got a break from the judges because of an 'illegal upkick' from whatever the guy's name he was fighting. What's an illegal upkick?

An upkick is when you are on your back, and you kick upward at a standing opponent. I believe it's illegal to kick them if they are 'grounded' i.e., three parts of their body are touching the ground.

uki
07-15-2009, 08:11 AM
An upkick is when you are on your back, and you kick upward at a standing opponent. I believe it's illegal to kick them if they are 'grounded' i.e., three parts of their body are touching the ground.so... lemme get this straight - people like to tout that the McMA and the UFC is the most "realistic" in regards to an actual confrontation, yet defending yourself with a kick while on the ground lying on your back is illegal?? LMAO!!! awesome... this is just too much fun. :D

MasterKiller
07-15-2009, 10:17 AM
so... lemme get this straight - people like to tout that the McMA and the UFC is the most "realistic" in regards to an actual confrontation, yet defending yourself with a kick while on the ground lying on your back is illegal?? LMAO!!! awesome... this is just too much fun. :D

Kicking the head of a downed opponent is illegal in the UFC (and most MMA in the US, afaik). You can kick them in the head if they are standing over you.

If you want to soccer-kick downed opponents, you can always go to Japan or Brazil.

BTW, how many faces did you rip off in practice this week?

Lucas
07-15-2009, 01:17 PM
i ripped off at least 7.

i wasnt really counting, you know, its just another face added to the rather large stack i keep in my basement....it puts the lotion on the skin!

Mr Punch
07-15-2009, 05:17 PM
An upkick is when you are on your back, and you kick upward at a standing opponent. I believe it's illegal to kick them if they are 'grounded' i.e., three parts of their body are touching the ground.And you're on the gorund anyway? What a fukcing stupid rule. If that's what the refs need to differentiate for them whether it's a standing soccer kick to the head that's fukcing silly.

uki
07-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Kicking the head of a downed opponent is illegal in the UFC (and most MMA in the US, afaik). You can kick them in the head if they are standing over you. glad i have no rules to abide by.

If you want to soccer-kick downed opponents, you can always go to Japan or Brazil.why? i can do it here if the need arises.

BTW, how many faces did you rip off in practice this week?thats the thing buster... i don't have to rip off any faces to prove that i can... where there is a will there is a way. :)

how many people have you killed in your life... masterkiller? how did you get your title? LMAO!!! the lord thy d0rk. :p

MasterKiller
07-16-2009, 06:12 AM
thats the thing buster... i don't have to rip off any faces to prove that i can... where there is a will there is a way. :) I see. Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it. That's probably served you well in life. I say stick with it.

how many people have you killed in your life... masterkiller? how did you get your title? LMAO!!! the lord thy d0rk. :p MasterKiller is a movie, Sookie. Or, as you probably say 'on the mountain,' a talkin' picture show.

Wayfaring
07-16-2009, 06:41 AM
Back on topic . . .

Lesnar showed a total lack of class after the fight. Mir and Lesnar beforehand both came off like douche-bombs of the How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Douche with the Bomb school of douching.

Unfortunately getting the Vince McMahon induced drama out of Lesnar might take a little while - but he probably realized it which is why he apologized.

UFC has certainly picked up many a fan of the "America: **** Yeah" mentality. It's that type of fan that keeps me from going to live events.

Fanboys in Affliction / Tapout clothing are what keeps me permanently slapping my forehead. The fights and training with aspiring fighters are the draw for me.

Dana White's super-professional public persona is awesome too.

I think Dana's ability to drop the f bomb as all parts of speech in a sentence (noun, verb, adjective, adverb, etc.) is pretty hilarious in that it's not really an act. It's entertainment non-Vince McMahon style.

A shame. A collection of great athletes, the financial backing to pull in the best fighters in the world, and instead of showcasing some amazing martial artists, we're getting WWE-antics from the biggest names in the UFC.
A lot of them don't WWE showboat - like Anderson Silva for ex, GSP, Hendo, actually most of the top fighters. There will always be the attention *****s. I think Lesnar is just adjusting to a new environment - he trained for the WWE drama for years and is just getting over it.

But one of the appeals of the UFC is that it's REAL. People sense that. It's supplanting boxing as the popular combat PPV sport.

Wayfaring
07-16-2009, 06:42 AM

I count it as a .5 if it's still hanging by the skin as opposed to on the floor.

uki
07-16-2009, 09:05 AM
I see. Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it. That's probably served you well in life. I say stick with it.a wise king who wishes to understand the people of his kingdom better will disguise himself as the fool to walk amongst them. :)

MasterKiller is a movie, Sookie. Or, as you probably say 'on the mountain,' a talkin' picture show.i got a banjo, some corn whiskey, and a few pigs... come on down for me party. we like a good pig squeal. :p

MasterKiller
07-16-2009, 10:04 AM
a wise king who wishes to understand the people of his kingdom better will disguise himself as the fool to walk amongst them. :p Sookie has a case of The Emperor's New Clothes...

uki
07-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Sookie has a case of The Emperor's New Clothes...they're more like rags.

sanjuro_ronin
07-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Kicking the head of a downed opponent is illegal in the UFC (and most MMA in the US, afaik). You can kick them in the head if they are standing over you.

If you want to soccer-kick downed opponents, you can always go to Japan or Brazil.

No need to travel that far, there are still some up here on the Indian reservations in Quebec.

Lucas
07-16-2009, 01:29 PM
by three points is that foot foot knee? or does it have to be knee knee hand/arm?

in otherwords, if you are afraid your downed opponent can give you some vicious kicks do you just need to kneel to make them against the rules?

MasterKiller
07-16-2009, 02:56 PM
by three points is that foot foot knee? or does it have to be knee knee hand/arm?

in otherwords, if you are afraid your downed opponent can give you some vicious kicks do you just need to kneel to make them against the rules?

Foot, knee, foot is 3-points, which makes it illegal to kick someone in the head doing a shot if their knee is on the ground as well.

Mr Punch
07-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Foot, knee, foot is 3-points, which makes it illegal to kick someone in the head doing a shot if their knee is on the ground as well.
Also a ****ing stupid rule. If their shot is so poor you could kick them in the head, they should be kicked in the head!

Lucas
07-16-2009, 05:53 PM
thats kind of my point. if im like, 'oh **** this guy on the ground is gonna kick the **** out of me, i better kneel down so he isnt allowed.'

its kind of a easy cop out. of course this isnt the case for the norm as once you in the mix of the fight you dont often think in this manner, but its still open for it.

uki
07-17-2009, 02:38 AM
thats kind of my point. if im like, 'oh **** this guy on the ground is gonna kick the **** out of me, i better kneel down so he isnt allowed.its all about bending those knees... kneel boy!! i suppose McMA is realistic... most people are slaves. :)

Lucas
07-17-2009, 08:29 AM
lol, you are just too much. cracking me up first thing in the day you are.