PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen/Paulie Zink connection?

LaterthanNever
07-21-2009, 04:02 AM
I've always wondered what style of kf Van Halen singer David Lee Roth studied?
He claims in one interview he's been studying since he was 12 years old. In another interview he claims to have studied Pek Kwar with Paulie Zink for 20 + years? Can anyone comment on if he did study Tai Shing Pek Kwar and if he studied anything else? And if so..what style?

David Jamieson
07-21-2009, 04:29 AM
I understand he cut himself with a katana at a show once. Other than that, I don't think he's really recognized as a martial artist so much as he's recognize as a creepy hair band squeeler who likely has a case of herpes that out stats new jersey.

just sayin... :D

mickey
07-21-2009, 05:46 AM
Greetings,

I have read nothing different. It was Zink. That entertainment connection may have been responsible for Paulie Zink to get a choreographer job in "The Blood of Heroes." He worked with Joan Chen.

Isn't David Lee Roth a disc jockey now? Maybe you can catch up with him directly.

mickey

LaterthanNever
07-21-2009, 06:01 AM
Not sure..but one thing makes me raise an eyebrow. He claims he's been studying since he's 12. The guy is in his 50s now. That would mean he's been studying for like 42 years under Zink. Has Paulie been doing Monkey style that long? :eek:

I'm not even gonna go there as far as if Zink is real or not..:rolleyes:

gwa sow
07-21-2009, 08:39 PM
come on. you know you want too. :D

LaterthanNever
07-22-2009, 12:25 AM
I really don't want to since I dont study Monkey kf...but there is one thing that is kinda strange.

Zink claims he studied with Cho Chat Ling and theres a photo of him standing next to some guy who could be the mysterious Master Ling or could be someone he paid to say he's Zinks teacher.

But when I read reputable articles on the history of Monkey kf, this master Ling is never mentioned. So how come GrandMaster Chan Sau Chung hasn't issued a statement mentioning this?

David Jamieson
07-22-2009, 05:37 AM
I really don't want to since I dont study Monkey kf...but there is one thing that is kinda strange.

Zink claims he studied with Cho Chat Ling and theres a photo of him standing next to some guy who could be the mysterious Master Ling or could be someone he paid to say he's Zinks teacher.

But when I read reputable articles on the history of Monkey kf, this master Ling is never mentioned. So how come GrandMaster Chan Sau Chung hasn't issued a statement mentioning this?

Chan Sau Chung has issued a statement about Zink. Had a website debunking him and shouted from the rooftops for months about it.

This was when he set up school in NA and was looking for students. I do believe CSC took offense when he found out about Zink's claims of being the Monkey King of North America.

It all came crashing down around Zink. Now his reputation is shot but people also think CSC is petty for doing that. So, when you go on a journey of vengeance, dig two graves is the lesson. :)

Having said that, David Lee Roth is not regarded as any sort of martial artist and did the regular kicking and prancing stuff as a young guy while being a rock &roll star, as is to be expected. But the dude(DLR) is not of any merit martially by all reckonings. :)

Van Halen did rock though. :D